How much do you pay for movie tickets?

Tools    

You want to post like me?
I have no idea whether movie tickets are cheaper in the US or in Brittain than in Denmark.
Where do you live and how much does it cost for a ticket to see a movie that've just come out?

In Denmark tickets are rather expensive, in my opinion. Tickets cost between 80 and 90 kroner, which is 15 and 20 dollars. With the total cost of the experience (popcorn, beverages etc.) I could probably buy 3-4 dvds.

Depends on the day and time; a normal movie ticket on a weekend evening, however, is $10 at the theater I most often frequent. A matinee or weekday (I believe they're treated as one and the same now by the theater in question) is just $5. On the weekends, there's a scale, and tickets get more expensive throughout the day, though I think it's just the $5-$10 range, with a few hours falling inbetween.

This doesn't count the faux IMAX screen, or the added cost for reserved seating (which is well worth the difference at packed midnight showings).

£4.60 - Student rate.

If I'm not at my local then it can be upwards of £7.

Along with popcorn and/or drinks add another £6 pounds or so on top. Thats why I tend to sneak drinks in. Popcorn would be the only thing I buy at the cinema.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
£7 a ticket. And that doesn't include popcorn or drinks (add another £5 at least). If two people go, you might as well buy a dvd. Or rent a dvd and get a takeaway.

Somehwere between 6 and 9 dollars depending at what time of the day I go, or if it's in 3-D or something.

Seems like we went through this not too long ago in another thread. But here I think it's up to $10 or $10.50 during the evening at the newest, biggest theatres and $7.25 or so for their matinees. But here in Portland there are both first-run independents and lots of quality second-run theatres where the price range is more in the $3 to $7 range, day or night.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Here (northern Virginia) at Regal Theatre for a matinee it's $8.75, I think. Definitely $8 and close to $9. I remember when those were night prices.

Around $9 in South Florida for an evening show. $4.50 if I decide to movie hop after the first movie >

It's pretty cheap in my country, 2$ for a ticket (only 1$ if you're a student). Popcorn is 1$, and drink about 0.5$

Beware The Probe!
Movies are too friggin much.
I think it's $12 bucks plus tax on average at the main theaters.
There are a few second grade theaters that have $8 - $10 daytime shows.
Popcorn and a drink are usually close to $15 bucks too which is why I always smuggle in a bag of M&Ms or Twizzlers or Glosettes or something rather than pay $5 bucks each for them.

I really don't see why theaters are allowed to charge double on everything they sell.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
$12.50 for an evening show (regular price)
$6.25 for matinee/military discount (for evening shows). So, I always pay the same price.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I've never paid a penny for movies because I can watch anything thanks to my third eye (my psychic abilities, my visions). If I just focus on a movie title... the whole thing streams right in my mind's eye. Screw movie theatres. Screw Netflix.

And everything is in high definition.

It's bothersome sometimes because I could walk past a movie poster on the street, look at it, and the damn movie will start playing in my head! You know how people get songs in their head? I get movies in my head. Movies I haven't even seen and don't really care to see. You should try going out on a romantic dinner date and not be able to turn off The Pink Panther 2 as your woman downs her third glass of wine. Damn that Steve Martin!

I can also watch movies that haven't even been made yet... right now I'm watching Madea Goes To Jail Again! But I must confess that Madea's conjugal visit scene is on repeat.

HARDCAST OVERLORD
$7.50 for me in South Florida.

$10.25 for an evening show.

But I often get in for free. My dad regularly donates blood. The blood bank gives him movie passes as a thank you and - since he hasn't gone to the theater since the first Jurassic Park - I benefit.