Saw 3

Tools    

This Halloween, from Twisted Pictures and Lionsgate comes the latest chapter in the psychologically intense and disturbing horror franchise...."Saw III"

Release Date: October 27, 2006
Director: Darren Lynn Bousman
Story by: Leigh Whannell and James Wan ("Saw," "Saw II")
Screenwriter: Leigh Whannell
Producer: Mark Burg, Oren Koules and the late Gregg Hoffman (to who the film will be dedicated)
Executive Producer: James Wan, Leigh Whannell, Peter Block, Jason Constantine, Stacey Testro and Dan Heffner
Starring: Tobin Bell, Shawnee Smith, Angus MacFadyen, Bahar Soomekh, Dina Meyer
Official Website: Saw3.com

Jigsaw has disappeared.

With his new apprentice Amanda (Shawnee Smith), the puppet-master behind the cruel, intricate games that have terrified a community and baffled police has once again eluded capture and vanished. While city detectives scramble to locate him, Doctor Lynn Denlon (Bahar Soomekh) is unaware that she is about to become the latest pawn on his vicious chessboard.

One night, after finishing a shift at her hospital, Lynn is kidnapped and taken to an abandoned warehouse where she meets Jigsaw (Tobin Bell), bedridden and on the verge of death. She is told that she must keep the madman alive for as long as it takes Jeff (Angus Macfayden), another of his victims, to complete a game of his own. Racing against the ticking clock of Jigsaw's own heartbeat, Lynn and Jeff struggle to make it through each of their vicious tests, unaware that he has a much bigger plan for both of them.....

From the final line in the second movie, I will be the first so say...

"Please just let it die!"

Thank you.

Thank You for Smoking 10/10
Return of the Living Dead: Necropolis 4/10
Equilbrium 8/10
A History of Violence 8/10
Officespace 10/10

Oh, yes. There will be blood....
ah great! i was wondering if there was a thread for this. i wanted to post the synopsis, but jrs got to it first. i think it sounds freakin awesome!! all the great minds come together to end this great trilogy. its so fun to read all the teases darren does too on http://www.houseofjigsaw.com and his blog.

Jigsaw keeps on going like the energizer bunny. Die already man.............Just frickin' die.

And with back to back to back near Halloween openings, it must be just months in between the 3 flicks right. Anyone know how long exactly?

Originally Posted by Escape
Jigsaw keeps on going like the energizer bunny. Die already man.............Just frickin' die.

And with back to back to back near Halloween openings, it must be just months in between the 3 flicks right. Anyone know how long exactly?
jigsaw is dying and most definately WILL die in this one. though the movies are 3 years spread apart doesn't mean that's the timeframe of the actual movies.

and what exactly do you mean by your last question?

The main reason why they are able to make these movies so fast is that they do them in desolate locations, and theres not much money put into them. The first movie was all filmed in the same warehouse and the second was basically the same with some minor reaches of setting. It does go to show you that you don't need all the glamour to make a good set of movies, just a good story and an interesting plot. Now why can't other movie creators understand this? I don't know...but I will stay with my original post and say that they need not over push this story, because it could be disasterous. I will of course go see it though

When I first heard the synopsis for the next film I thought that they were going to tone down the series a little bit. But after reading about Jam! Showbiz's trip to the Saw 3 set I stand corrected. Here is what they saw when they were on set:

You know the famous scene in The Exorcist, where Linda Blair's head spins a full 360 degrees? Imagine a contraption that does that to you without the benefit of satanic possession. And to your arms and legs, too, twisting them in their sockets until flesh, muscle and bone rip and snap like wet tree bark.

Now thats what I'm talking about! In fact Bousman even told them this one will be the bloodiest yet. "I would say the most tame parts of Saw III are (equal to) the most extreme parts of Saw II," he said. "It's going to be interesting to see if we get away with half the things we're shooting right now. I'm even offended looking at what I'm shooting at the moment."

Sounds like this is gonna be one bloodsoaked film. This has definetly pushed the film up on my anticipation list. All we can hope for now is that the MPAA lets most of the gore through and than Lionsgate do it justice with a nice Unrated cut on DVD soon after.

Source: Horror-Movies.ca

hey could you put the spoiler warning up for that post. i'm not tryin to be a pest, its just that i started to read it and didn't know what it was about and i had to stop cause i really don't want to know much about the movie when i'm going to see it. i practically knew the whole movie of Saw 2 cause of watching the trailer so many times, just didn't know the twist.

Originally Posted by Escape
That poster is ok but I'm not a big seeing up the nose fan.
So you didn't get caught up in the Gooey Louie craze of the late 90's?

Originally Posted by Lance McCool
So you didn't get caught up in the Gooey Louie craze of the late 90's?

Oh man that is just wrong.

I used to love gouie louie i made my parents buy it for my birthday when i was younger

this movie is going to kick ass...

Originally Posted by jrs

When I saw this poster, I squirmed like a little girl...

Well, i'm going to think it's safe to assume that there will be some teeth being pulled out....or something to that effect