What was the last movie to scare you?

Tools    

I don't watch a movie expecting it not to jolt me, by all means I want it to and allow it to do what it may. However, a movie has never kept me up at night or made me terrified when I walk in the forest at night. This is all I want.
Could "life" be interpreted as "soul"? In other words, are there movies so depraved that we fear we have committed an ethical error by merely watching them? That would be, for me, an actualized fear that would extend beyond a mere immersion into the narrative.
I don't feel that there would be a connection between the ethically transcendent film and fear, but your last phrase would be a wonderful feat in the history of the medium. Same with music.

How'a 'bout a snuff film???

I recently watched this thing. I had to keep telling myself that it was only a movie. I also kinda felt sickened with myself that I would want to watch it. Certain aspects of it made it rather difficult to separate from reality---certain shots. I am not exaggerating. Realistic, well done effects are realistic and well done.

I don't really get scared anymore while watching movies. I wish I could find one that would scare me... I'm too jaded I guess... watched too many.

I will say that I was recently surprised by the creepy factor of Moon.

Not much I can say about it without blowing it. They aren't black cat scares though, they're the creeping chills kind of scared and the feeling that if you were in the same position you might just lose your marbles and the bag they came in.

I've only really been scared by one film - Halloween (1978). I'm sure that it's all down to the fact that I saw it when I was 7, but Michael Myers left a big impression on my younger self.

Horror films these days concentrate either too much on gore or jump scares, good suspense goes a long way which many are lacking.

No Apologies. No Regrets.
Yeah same...their acting was SO good...they acted like a couple messing around with a camcorder...like they had their little fights sometimes and their little inside jokes...they would flirt with each other like a couple would...their fights even seemed realistic...the people who made this movie are coming out with another one too....
Agreed PA is the only movie that has scared me in awhile! The second one is a prequel to the first one. It was a great movie but i think that the first one was scarier.

Paranormal Activity 2...but I'm kind of a scaredy cat. Hence, not much horror movie watching done over here.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Been awhile. I suppose it'd be Paranormal Activity.
Affirmative.

I made the mistake of watching this alone in the house, at night and the room dark.

If I said I was very scared that would be an epic understatement.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
you know what i've noticed? even the scariest movie can be really fun and entertaining if you MST3 it with your best friend or lover.

id have to go with PA or possibly The Fourth Kind, both of those gave me a nice scare haha. and definitely scared the girlfriend!