5. Lincoln (2012)
6. Silver Linings Playbook (2012) 24
7. Magic in the Moonlight (2014)
8. True Grit (2010) 40
9. The Greatest Showman (2017)
10. The Hundred-Foot Journey (2014)
11. Spotlight (2015) 63
12. The Help (2011)
13. The Man Who Invented Christmas (2017)
14. The Mule (2018)
15. La La Land (2016) 5
16. Their Finest (2017)
17. The Fault in Our Stars (2014)
18. About Time (2013)
19. The Tree of Life (2011) 10
20. Les Misérables (2012)
21. 12 Years a Slave (2013)
22. Dunkirk (2017)
23. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019) 7
24. Only Lovers Left Alive (2013)
25. Paterson (2016)

I had to rate what I had seen. I now have a list to use to catch up on the 2010's

The last three misses from my ballot.

#4 - The Conjuring

While I don't necessarily think the whole Conjuring universe is needed, the first film is magnificent throwback retro horror.

#2 - Kick-Ass

One of the best and funniest comic book adaptations ever. This is how you make an action-comedy.

#1 - Brimstone

The biblical anti-religion western taking a heavy bow towards horror. Apparently, I'm the only one in here who loves this.

Seen: 44.5/100

You had 5 in the top 100, 3 in the top 50, 0 in the top 25, and 0 in the top ten.

Your highest ranked film was ranked #37 (Moonrise Kingdom), and your lowest ranked film was #785 (Bliss).

I had none of the two top placings on my list, however, I really like them both. The order of them would probably be the same for me too.

I enjoy Fury Road a lot as a straight forward high octane actioner and as a great demo for picture and especially sound in a home theater. I often throw it in when the home theater needs a workout. But I don't think I love it as much as many do.

Parasite I don't find as overrated as many seem to do, but I also don't love it so much that I would place it the best of the decade. But it's great for sure and it's nice that it got recognition at awards shows too and especially the Oscars. I'm fine with it being number one here too, really.

And here's my list. Always a bit of a weird mix for me because I like to kind of get a little bit of everything...

MM's Ballot

1. Django Unchained (2012)
  2. Inside Llewyn Davis (2013)
  3. Her (2013)
  4. The Tree of Life (2011)
  5. The Master (2012)
  6. Black Swan (2010)
  7. Beasts of the Southern Wild (2012)
  8. Phantom Thread (2017)
  9. The Hunt (2012)
  10. Manchester by the Sea (2016)
  11. Before Midnight (2013)
  12. Baby Driver (2017)
  13. Whiplash (2014)
  14. Warrior (2011)
  15. The Social Network (2010)
  16. Blue Ruin (2013)
  17. Mother! (2017)
  18. Marriage Story (2019)
  19. Queen of Hearts (2019)
  20. Call Me by Your Name (2017)
  21. Fast Five (2011)
  22. Ida (2013)
  23. Mission: Impossible - Fallout (2018)
  24. The Square (2017)
  25. The Raid 2 (2014)

In case it gets lost in the shuffle, you can use the following link to get a breakdown of how your films did and, more importantly, grab bbCode to make it easy to share your ballot, even though I know a lot of you have already got it saved and ready to go:

Your Ballot Results
I love this idea. Here are a couple of suggestions, though. Hopefully, they're possible with a reasonable amount of work.

1) In addition to the film's rank, the total number of points should also be shown. Now I can only guess if my #1 got any points but mine (I doubt).

2) I wish the grabbable bbCode was better. I decided to paste a screenshot instead. I think the rank (and points) should be in the bbCode, too, and a clear marking of which films from the ballot made the final list.

A system of cells interlinked
Final ballot, for better or for worse...

Sedai's Ballot

1. Blade Runner 2049 (2017)
  2. Gravity (2013)
  3. Arrival (2016)
  4. The Social Network (2010)
  5. Brooklyn (2015)
  6. The Revenant (2015)
  7. Incendies (2010)
  8. Life of Pi (2012)
  9. Dunkirk (2017)
  10. Prisoners (2013)
  11. The Florida Project (2017)
  12. Boyhood (2014)
  13. Birdman (2014)
  14. Parasite (2019)
  15. Interstellar (2014)
  16. Her (2013)
  17. The Man from Nowhere (2010)
  18. Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation (2015)
  19. Sicario (2015)
  20. Hell or High Water (2016)
  21. Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
  22. Inception (2010)
  23. Get Out (2017)
  24. Zero Dark Thirty (2012)
  25. The Raid (2011)

Hectic day, so I will reply with some overall thoughts on the final two etc. as soon as I get a free minute...

I love this idea. Here are a couple of suggestions, though. Hopefully, they're possible with a reasonable amount of work.

1) In addition to the film's rank, the total number of points should also be shown. Now I can only guess if my #1 got any points but mine (I doubt).

2) I wish the grabbable bbCode was better. I decided to paste a screenshot instead. I think the rank (and points) should be in the bbCode, too, and a clear marking of which films from the ballot made the final list.
Definitely doable for next time. I was just throwing parts of it together literally half an hour before the last two films went up. Wish I'd thought of it sooner.

Captain Spaulding's 2010's Ballot

1.) Black Swan

2.) The Master

3.) Mad Max: Fury Road

4.) Gravity

5.) Logan

6.) Mud

7.) Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

8.) I Saw the Devil

9.) Before Midnight

10.) Drive

11.) Spring Breakers

12.) The Raid 2

13.) The Revenant

14.) Django Unchained

15.) Animal Kingdom

16.) The Florida Project

17.) X-Men: First Class

18.) Joker

19.) It Follows

20.) The Witch

21.) 12 Years a Slave

22.) Ex Machina

23.) Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2

24.) The Hateful Eight

25.) The Wailing

Congrats to Speling for a great job hosting and Yoda for the other behind the scenes work and this rather cool list tool which I'm about to use despite the fact that you care even less about my list than I do/did.

honeykid's Ballot

1. Searching for Sugar Man (2012)
  2. Made in Dagenham (2010)
  3. Shutter Island (2010)
  4. Senna (2010)
  5. Diego Maradona (2019)
  6. Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films (2014)
  7. I Am Not Your Negro (2017)
  8. The Amazing Johnathan Documentary (2019)
  9. Gravity (2013)
  10. Rush (2013)
  11. Machete Maidens Unleashed! (2010)
  12. Big Miracle (2012)
  13. The Purge: Anarchy (2014)
  14. Four Lions (2010)
  15. Scream 4 (2011)
  16. Wreck-It Ralph (2012)
  17. Sightseers (2012)
  18. Amy (2015)
  19. The Limehouse Golem (2016)
  20. The Imitation Game (2014)
  21. The Class Of ‘92 (2013)
  22. Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile (2019)
  23. Attack the Block (2011)
  24. Charlie's Angels (2019)
  25. Kill List (2011)

A couple of things I'd like to say. Firstly, while I don't play the 1 pointer game, my choice for this place on my list was purposeful. I saw Kill List and just didn't know whether I'd seen something really good, that I enjoyed or a p.o.s that was just taking the piss. I did plan to watch it again a few weeks later and see how I felt, but that was 10 years ago and I still haven't and no I barely remember anything about it, except a few obvious (for those who've seen it) scenes, so I wanted to represent the fact that I still don't know if it's any good or not, list worthy or not and 25th seemed to do the job as well as any way I could think of short of actually watching it again.

Charlie's Angels, well, it's Charlie's Angels isn't it. I love everything about Charlie's Angels, except this version, but it's a product of its time and it's a time I don't enjoy, especially when it comes to action films. I was a little surprised that the full on FEMINIST feel I'd been led to expect didn't really appear and was only present in any kind of up front, in your face way for the first 10-20 minutes. I know it's the internet, but I really was expecting more of it. Instead what I got was a fairly standard action movie which, like any modern action movie I've seen, looks like a video game and has all the feels and thrills of watching a cut scene.

As I said during the countdown, were I able to remember more of the documentaries I'd seen from the allowed period my list probably would've been full of them with the exception of Gravity (for that one scene I described in the cinema) and Kill List for the reasons above. I've since remember United Skates which I would've had on my list if I'd remembered/been remiinded of while doing my list. Well worth a watch.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I just went away for a *moment* to watch a six-hour film and when I'm back the countdown has apparently already ended?! WUT

I sure lost track of the places and thought the 3rd movie will be announced today. But The Grand Budapest Hotel was #3!

Oh well, Parasite is better than Fury Road so there's that. I call Parasite Anti-Shoplifters. It's Bong's best film since Mother. Because the most important thing is to have a good plan.

But still, Parasite's hegemony is concerning in a way. While I loved it, it really is given too much credit as an unmatched masterpiece. I actually have an unpublished rant about that saved somewhere. But since this seems like a celebratory time, I won't bother bad-mouthing this film, since it's actually good. Let me just tell you that whoever did the ad campaign for Parasite should get a raise. This film was HUGE as far as popularity goes. Everybody was raving about it, and it spewed a new generation of pseudo-experts of Korean cinema. You know the kind. They never admit that their whole expertise in Korean film starts and ends with Parasite. Asked about another Korean film they have seen? They either pretend they have or say something like: "I've been so busy rewatching and writing my Ph.D. on Parasite that I haven't had time to watch that one yet. But my extensive knowledge of Korean cinema tells me it's nowhere as good as Parasite". I always feel remorse after investing energy and time in such fruitless discussions with an army of bourgeois philistines. But the fact is there's a film that HAS to be #1. And it's good Parasite fills that spot because it's not too good for it.

You guys could've done much worse choosing the best film of the 2010s. Could've done much better, too. But...

Mad Max: Fury Road is easily the best film in the series, and a great film as far as pure action flicks go. Now as of it being a masterpiece or worthy of the #2 spot... Well... It's a popular choice, so fair enough. I could say something about how the action is always at the center of the shot so even though it's chaotic and fast we are never confused, etc. But it's boring and you probably heard that before. But have you heard that: Those pole stuntmen reminded me of the yellow men climbing poles in Angelopoulos' The Suspended Step of the Stork. I don't know why, but they did.

Some great documentaries on mark f's ballot. Apart from The Act of Killing that made it to the countdown, O.J.: Made in America, The Missing Picture, and Behemoth (assuming it's the 2015 Chinese film) are all masterpieces. The Salt of the Earth is great. They Shall Not Grow Old is definitely worth seeing, too. His non-documentary choices are a mixed bag. A solid list overall.

Jesus Christ, I don't have time to write anything else! I need to do a write-up on the six-hour masterpiece I just watched and then I have to watch at least one more film today!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Great job, Speling! A very fun countdown.

Mad Max: Fury Road was actually my #1. When I was looking at my top 5 (and considering the list would have been radically different if I walked away for a day and then made it from scratch), I just went with the "desert island" rule. If I had to be on a desert island for a year and could only watch one movie, which movie from the 2010s would I take with me? It was shockingly easy to answer Mad Max.

I really enjoyed Parasite and am a huge Bong Joon-Ho fan, but it didn't quite make my top 25. I figured, among other things, it would have plenty of support from others.

I think a big part of why Fury Road does stand above most other blockbusters is because of how detail-oriented it is in a way that rewards repeat viewings, which does extend to the characters and how they aren't as generic or bland as they might seem
Agreed. Every single main character has an arc that has a satisfying payoff, often intertwined with the relationships with the other characters.

But Max was just dull. If that's all he was gonna say or do, why even get Hardy to play him, almost any competent actor would have done.
I strongly disagree. I think his performance is very physical and intuitive in a way that most people would only pull off as hulking and brooding. In a ton of little ways, he acts as a catalyst for the other characters, and it's amazing at the end to see how he has been brought back to his own humanity via his interactions with them.

Here are the late cuts from my ballot, btw:

BlacKkKlansman
Enemy
Fruitvale Station
Marriage Story
Prisoners
What We Do in the Shadows
You Were Never Really Here

movies can be okay...
So I was quietly following the results of this countdown from the shadows, silently judging you all of course, disappointed that Nocturnal Animals didn't make it...oh well, here's my ballot though:

#1 Nocturnal Animals directed by Tom Ford

#2 Anomalisa directed by Charlie Kaufman & Duke Johnson

#3 Mommy directed by Xavier Dolan

#4 LA 92 directed by TJ Martin & Daniel Lindsay

#5 Roma directed by Alfonso Cuarón

#6 Exit Through The Gift Shop directed by Banksy

#7 Uncut Gems directed by The Safdie Brothers

#8 Les Misérables directed by Ladj Ly

#9 Enemy directed by Denis Villeneuve

#10 Another Year directed by Mike Leigh

#11 Frances Ha directed by Noah Baumbach

#12 Black Swan directed by Darren Aronofsky

#13 The Look of Silence directed by Joshua Oppenheimer

#14 Call Me By Your Name directed by Luca Guadagnino

#15 Gett: The Trial of Viviane Amsalem directed by Shlomi & Ronit Elkabetz

#16 Somewhere directed by Sofia Coppola

#17 Tower directed by Keith Maitland

#18 Turist directed by Ruben Östlund

#19 The Favourite directed by Yorgos Lanthimos

#20 The Lighthouse directed by Robert Eggers

#21 Reality directed by Matteo Garrone

#22 45 Years directed by Andrew Haigh

#23 The Wolf of Wall Street directed by Martin Scorsese

#24 Shi directed by Lee Chang-dong

#25 Deux Jours, Une Nuit directed by The Dardenne Brothers
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

Well, the top two don't surprise me at all (I'll bet half the people predicted that top two), although I am very surprised to see La La Land and Whiplash get so close.

Whiplash was my number 9. It related to me as an artist who strives hard for perfection. When I was writing "The Spectre's Eye, all I thought about was developing the culture in order to progress the plot. I obsessively tried to improve myself by studying storytelling through movies, and I have to say that Whiplash captures that flawlessly, even though I'm not a musician. Also, I adored J.K. Simmons in this. I want him to play at least one role in any adaptation of anything I publish because of Whiplash.

La La Land WAS higher than Whiplash when I sent in my ballot, but shortly afterwards, I re-evaluated it and now it's lower. Babylon is still my top Chazelle film, though.

I didn't vote for either Budapest Hotel or Fury Road. The last entry was a 97/100 on my bllot. Both these films are 96. Mad Max needed a slight bit more story, so Budapest was better, even though my major concern is wanting more Saoirse Ronan.

Parasite was my #20. The only thing I didn't like was the genre-shift, but I do agree with the common description of the film as Hitchcockian. Masterful direction and good characters make this movie what it is, even though my number one Korean movie is Oldboy and my man is Parek Chan-Wook. Still, I will never sneeze at the filmography of Bong Joon-Ho.

Old Ballot:
1. The Avengers (2012)
2. It (2017)
3. The Lighthouse (2019)
4. Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5. Won't You Be My Neighbor? (2018)
6. La La Land (2016)
7. Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons (2013)
8. A Separation (2011)
9. Whiplash (2014)
10. Blade Runner 2049 (2017)
11. Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (2017)
12. Train to Busan (2016)
13. Spider-Man: Far from Home (2019)
14. X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)
15. Gone Girl (2014)
16. Django Unchained (2012)
17. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (2011)
18. Inside Out (2015)
19. Incendies (2010)
20. Parasite (2019)
21. Song of the Sea (2014)
22. Black Swan (2010)
23. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (2010)
24. Her (2013)
25. The Conjuring (2013)

New Ballot:
1. The Avengers (28)
2. It
3. The Lighthouse (29)
4. Avengers: Endgame (79)
5. Won't You Be My Neighbor?
6. Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons
7. A Separation (90)
8. Whiplash (4)
9. Blade Runner 2049 (8)
10. Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (44)
11. Train to Busan
12. Spider-Man: Far from Home
13. X-Men: Days of Future Past
14. Gone Girl (65)
15. The Shape of Water (52)
16. Django Unchained (27)
17. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
18. La La Land (5)
19. Inside Out (59)
20. Incendies (30)
21. Interstellar (33)
22. Song of the Sea
23. Midnight in Paris (45)
24. Black Swan (50)
25. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1

Seen 63/100

A system of cells interlinked
A HUGE THANK YOU to Speling and everyone behind the scenes. Another fantastic MoFo countdown in the books.

Well done, all!

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
I'm going to continue showing up my cards this way...

My #2. Still Life (2013)

Written and Directed by Uberto Pasolini
Starring Eddie Marsan

I suggested this film in the Group Watch thread where I presented my love for it. It is kind of a cult status for me. This movie is a school for cinema - grand idea and screenplay, superb directing, nicely photographed and above everything the outstanding Eddie Marsan!
----------

My #6. Wild Tales (2014)

Written and Directed by Damián Szifron
Starring Ricardo Darín & Co

I like the anthology films a lot. This is one superb example of a kind, made in Latin America, an Oscar nominee for the foreign language movies category.
Several stories, dramas type tales of the unexpected.
----------

My #10. 45 Years (2015)

Written and Directed by Andrew Haigh
Starring Charlotte Rampling and Tom Courtenay

For a long time, I love Charlotte Rampling, starting back in the years since I've discovered her in the Alan Parker's masterpiece Angel Heart (1987).
Highly skillful and unique drama actress and here she is at her best (an Oscar nominee too).
A film about the hidden feelings of an ageing couple...