Reading This Will Prevent the Robot Apocalypse

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Really fun read, and right up my alley, subject wise.

Well done!

Great read/mind, I could talk to you for hours about this stuff IRL..

Haven't seen the 'Director's Cut of The Abyss (IE: Cameron's preferred version)'
Is it also your preferred version?

Great read. Thanks, Yoda. So if I understand correctly I might have to watch Avatar 2 in theatres to help? Hm not sure I can do that.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Haven't seen the 'Director's Cut of The Abyss (IE: Cameron's preferred version)'
Is it also your preferred version?
It is not.

As described a bit in the essay, it's just horrendously overwrought, even for Cameron. It's the "beat the audience over the head" stuff he was allowed to do in T2. I think Cameron's a perfect example of a creator who benefits from notes and artistic constraints and the like. He's like a one-man nihilistic focus group, always thinking it has to be dumbed down and simpler to be understood.

Read this yesterday but I wanted to wait 24 hours before fully vouching for this essay.

(full disclosure: this may or may not have been written by a robot)

Read this yesterday but I wanted to wait 24 hours before fully vouching for this essay.

(full disclosure: this may or may not have been written by a robot)
Please check all the images that contain stop signs to read this essay.

I don't actually wear pants.
Robots will never be able to dominate the world since it's impossible to program emotions, of which determination is one. AI is too stupid to take over anything. It can do what it's programmed to do, and naught else. Sorry.

A system of cells interlinked
Robots will never be able to dominate the world since it's impossible to program emotions, of which determination is one. AI is too stupid to take over anything. It can do what it's programmed to do, and naught else. Sorry.
Do you think they will ever be able to tell when something they read is a tongue-in-cheek comedy piece?