Movie Tab II

Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.

The Red Stallion (Lesley Selander, 1947)

The Dolphin: Story of a Dreamer (Eduardo Schuldt, 2009)

Meet Me in Las Vegas (Roy Rowland, 1956)
+
Adventureland (Greg Mottola, 2009)

Coming of age in the '80s has its ups and downs for Jesse Eisenberg and Kristen Stewart. This is one of the ups.
The Quiet (Jamie Babbit, 2005)

Married Life (Ira Sachs, 2007)
+
Chained (Jennifer Lynch, 2012)

The Last Wave (Peter Weir, 1977)

A complex tale of the clash of cultures of white Australian lawyer Richard Chamberlain and aborigine David Gulpilil
Night Train to Terror (5 Directors, 1985)
Camp/Cult Rating

The Devil Commands (Edward Dmytryk, 1941)

Sweetheart of the Campus (Edward Dmytryk, 1941)

The Man Who Fell to Earth (Nicolas Roeg, 1976)

Alien David Bowie comes to Earth and invests everything he has in returning home with water.
Hitler’s Children (Edward Dmytryk, 1943)

So Well Remembered (Edward Dmytryk, 1947)
+
Obsession aka The Hidden Room (Edward Dmytryk, 1949)
+
The Sniper (Edward Dmytryk, 1952)

Arthur Franz has an uncontrollable urge to kill women from long distance.
Some Came Running (Vincente Minnelli, 1958)

The Crazies (George A. Romero, 1973)

Girls Against Boys (Austin Click, 2012)
-
Tucker & Dale vs. Evil (Eli Craig, 2010)

Sometimes things just don't go your way. Just as good ol' boys Alan Tudyk and Tyler Labine.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
My average movie day: MASTERPIECE!

mark f's average movie day:
- oh! good movie!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

School started back so instead of watching 1 or 2 movies a day I'm watching like 3 movies a week so that's what I watched this week.

I have to admit that I haven't really watched that many south park episodes, but that I still enjoy it. This movie feels like a pretty good and very funny 1h20 minutes episode. So yeah I'd suggest it if someone wants a good laugh.

I've read somewhere that Pain and Gain was Michael Bay's Citizen Kane I wouldn't go that far, but it sure is not a mindless full of explosions action movies. I liked the ending it was pretty funny, I had very few laughs, but at least, after watching the 129 minutes film I didn't thought I lost my time and find the movie to not be so bad

Maybe I am a snob, but that movie is just perfect to me I love every single bit of it, I love to hear those university teacher speaking to each other it shows prefectly a certain period of society people that are centered on themselves very narcicistic and centered more on their little individual person and the oh so complex mask that they were for society that actually being themselves, there are some very intelligent symbolism that makes you able to watch it on numerous occasions. I'd also auggest The barbarian Invasions which is the sequel that is just as good.

Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas (Patrick Gilmore and Tim Johnson, 2003) (Rewatch)
+

Kirikou and the Sorceress (Michel Ocelot, 1998)

Bambi (James Algar, Et al., 1942) (Rewatch)
+

Coonskin (Ralph Bakshi, 1975)

The Land Before Time (Don Bluth, 1988) (Rewatch)
+

Nymphomaniac: Volume 1 (2011,Von Trier)

Nymphomaniac tells the story of the early phases of Joe (Charlotte Gainsbourg, who Lars Von Trier loves) life as a sex addict. Often disgusting, but occasionally erotic (rarely), Lars Von Trier creates a unique film. He uses a more artistic Brian De Palma style of direction, incorporating split screens, text on screen, ect. Von Trier's other films are also highly sexual, but if the actors in this film were just a bit darker I would think Almodovar was behind the camera. The narration plus the pulling of outside materials (maps, film) gives the metaphors some educational value, kind of like Joe's father gave her. The most powerful, perhaps the only powerful, scene is the dinner confrontation, very uncomfortable narcissistic moment. Well designed, and memorable I'll be sure to give part II a watch soon.
-

Other Recent Watches:
Ward No. 6-

Jeremiah Johnson-

(REWATCH) Mrs. Doubtfire-

Short films (for Hall of Fame)
Tango

High Note
-
When it Rains
-

Nymphomaniac: Volume 1 (2011,Von Trier)

Nymphomaniac tells the story of the early phases of Joe (Charlotte Gainsbourg, who Lars Von Trier loves) life as a sex addict. Often disgusting, but occasionally erotic (rarely),
If you found the first volume disgusting, I'll be really interested in hearing your thoughts on the second

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
The second part has more crazy kink goin' on in there.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.

Call Her Savage (John Francis Dillon, 1932)

The Big Shakedown (John Francis Dillon, 1934)
+
The Possession of David O’Reilly (Andrew Cull & Steve Isles, 2010)
-
Boyhood (Richard Linklater, 2014)

Ellar Coltrane experiences a moment in time in middle school in the ambitious yet awkward critical darling.
Headspace (Andrew van der Houten, 2005)

Wild Boys of the Road (William A. Wellman, 1933)

Haunted Forest (Mauro Borrelli, 2007)

Locke (Steven Knight, 2014)

Tom Hardy is a dynamo in the one-man gimmick flick
Young Dr. Kildare (Harold S. Bucquet, 1938)

Before You Say 'I Do' (Paul Fox, 2009)

Wild Horse Stampede (Alan James, 1943)
+
Enter Nowhere (Jack Heller, 2011)
-

Eerie things happen to four seemingly-unrelated people. From left are Shaun Sipos, Karherine Waterston, Sara Paxton and Scott Eastwood.
Chairman of the Board (Alex Zamm, 1998)

Take a Hard Ride (Anthony M. Dawson [Antonio Margheriti], 1975)
+
Godzilla vs. Space Godzilla (Kensho Yamashita, 1994)

Wonderful World (Josh Goldin, 2009)

Matthew Broderick cares for his Senegalese friend Michael K. Williams who's in a diabetic coma.
Caligula (Tinto Brass, 1979)

House of Women (Walter Doniger, 1962)

Second Honeymoon (Larry Peerce, 2001)

Shockproof (Douglas Sirk, 1949)
-

Parolee Patricia Knight and her parole officer Cornel Wilde fall in love and behave as rashly as possible in this noir co-written by Samuel Fuller.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Short films (for Hall of Fame)
When it Rains
-
I didn't think When It Rains would've been met with as much indifference and dislike as it has, it makes sadness in my hearts

If you found the first volume disgusting, I'll be really interested in hearing your thoughts on the second
It usually weren't even the sex scenes that were disgusting, more along the lines of the hospital scene, never took away from the film though. Part II seems to be more critically hammered (60% compared to 71% on rottentomatoes), but I guess I'll see for myself.

I disliked both parts of Nymphomaniac as well. That shouldn't make you give up on Von Trier though, the other two films i've seen from him Dancer In The Dark and Melancholia were both excellent and beautiful in very different ways. The latter was actually one of the last films i cut from my top 50 list.

The Wild Bunch
+ Another of my "Films I didn't want to watch/see/wasn't interested in but it was on and so decided to try it" season. Now, I know looking at that rating you're going to think I hated it, but I didn't. In fact, I've never enjoyed watching this film as much as I did this time around. I can't quite go upto 2.5 because I still really don't like the stuff with the General and in the village, which is a decent chunk of the film. However, I didn't ff through any of it or even want to and that's a big improvement on any other viewings of it. It's a Western, so I don't like the look of it and it's set in and around Mexico, so I hate all the music that tells us where we are, but the rest? The rest I quite liked.

Night Of The Creeps
- Horror comedy is rarely my thing because there's not enough/any horror. If they're not trying to scare you then it ain't horror as far as I'm concerned and I didn't feel they were trying. It's not bad, I can see why it's so beloved by so many (especially anyone who saw it back when it was made) but it all feels a little too stale for me. I'd like to see it again, though and I did like the last 20 minutes or so.

Solaris (2002)
- I'm not quite sure how to rate this one because I don't really feel anything about it. I didn't like it. I didn't enjoy it. It looked OK and the acting was all right. That said, I wish someone would tell these people that whispering and acting well aren't the same thing. There's just nothing for me to care about here. None of this means that I disliked it. It's just a void. I watched it just over 24 hours ago and, already, I don't really remember it.