The Greatest Movie: The Final Round

Tools    

OK here it is this will decide the greatest movie of all time, and afterwards I suggest we all go and watch it and then discuss it.

That is a rough poll to choose the best out of these movies.

I 've said it once I'll say it again. Cuckoo's nest is my favorite movie on the top 100 and I'll stand by it through thick in thin... Till death do us part!

Uggh, apocalypse now better not win becuz I would HATE to watch it again. SOTL all the way!!!!!!

None of these are the actual greatest movies of all time, but it ended up being a choice between Apocalypse and Goodfellas. I went with Goodfellas b/c, though I love both of them, Goodfellas has set more of a cinematic standard of interesting and innovative photography and classic rock music. It's a fantastic film all-around, so I'll go with that. Plus, it's Scorsese, and I prefer him to Coppola (no detriment to the Zoetrope, of course!)

Coppola could whup Scorsese worse than Superman could whup Batman. Just so you know.

No Scorsese is the better director by far! Apocalypse Now is the better film though. It hangs between a religious experience and action. Not to mention it has the greatest opeining song ever (I could be wrong).

Ummm, what happened to all of those other movies in the second round? Were they all skipped over? Anyway, I don't think this poll really scrapes the surface of any of this. I mean, really: these are the four greatest EVER? The Godfather isn't even on there.

No there were 4 rounds in the second round with 5 movies in each. That makes 20 which is what we got out of the first round. I don't know I think that Apocalypse Now is a pretty good choice for greatest movie of all time, and even though I love the Godfather to death it isn't the greatest. All in all ummm... im unable to choose the greatest myself but I figure Apocalypse Now is a pretty good choice

MovieForums Extra
Well, on my top 10 list, Godfather is number 1 (of course)

But numbers 2 and 3 are tied between Cuckoo's Nest and Silence of the Lambs...I'm only slightly more inclined to SOTL, but both are masterpieces

I didn't really like Apocalypse Now or Goodfellas, so I think one of the other two should win!

WOOOhOOOO, SOTL is the greatest Movie ever made!!!! Well after yojimbo & seven samurai anyway. Pigsnie wasnt goin to vote but I guess he did, I have to give him a power bar.

Well---Pigsnie's a cheap date.

I can't believe I'm still the only person who voted Cuckoo's nest. To me, nothing here compares.

"Coppola could whup Scorsese worse than Superman could whup Batman. Just so you know."

Yeah, whatever. Martin Scorsese's the best American director of all time. Coppola hasn't come anywhere close to Scorsese since he made Apocalypse. Look at their track records, for Chrissakes. Coppola's made about, 6 good movies. Scorsese has made 6 MASTERPIECES. You need to get your head examined.

I voted for Apocalypse Now, because it's the best war movie. I think Cuckoo's Nest is way overrated. I dont think Apocalypse is the best film ever, but going with what I'm given, that's my choice.

The entire system of polling is faulty. It's bullsh-t. There isn't one movie by Robert Altman on the whole damn AFI list, and he's gotta be one of the four or five best Americans ever. I think McCabe & Mrs Miller is the best American film ever made, but it's nowhere to be found. I mean seriously, how on Earth can Cuckoos Nest and SOTL be ranked ahead of The Godfather, Singin' in the Rain, 2001, Raging Bull? Christ, GoodFellas isn't even Scorsese's best movie (which says a lot for his skills, by the way ). THESE are the best movies ever made?

The AFI list sucks, therefore the poll sucks. However, I do admire Zweee for sticking it out, even when I know he was pissed that no Kubrick made the top 4.

Aw, calm down Stevo, its jut 12 people votin sometimes, what do you expect? Hannibal lecter RULEZ!!!Btw, I saw Godfather once & once is all I need. Give me a good horror movie anyday over a Scorsese picture. And 2001 was so borin Id rather watch a piece of lint stick to the windowsill.

No contest, GoodFellas by far! Any other movie fails in comparison.

In response to PigsnieLite or whatever his loser name is. Horror movies are just plain stupid and predictable. The Godfather was a cinematic masterpiece, and GoodFellas was the most incredible movie ever made. So I think you should take your uneducated opinion off this forum before you embarrass yourself any further!

Yeah, whatever, snorezzzzzzzzzzzzz, I am so intimidated by your opinion. And for your FYI, YOJIMBO & seven samurai are the greatest movies evah made, HA!

Excuse me but where is the Godfather? No top ten list is compleate without the Godfather. Although Scorsese is the greatist director ever the godfather was the gretist movie ever. Also I noticed that Raging Bull wasn't on the list and that is arguably the most well made movie in the history of film. I think that list needs a few adjustments.

Oh Godfather lost in an earlier poll. the hard thing about our polls is really great movies would go aginst each other so you might have Raging bull vs Godfather & godfather would lose. People here also dont seem to vote a lot, theres only 10 or 12 posters who do all the voting consistintly. So SOTL might have had easier competition, thats why it made it to TOP DOG.