Nats cinema journey

→ in
Tools    

Originally Posted by nat666195
the gore if it's over the top can take the story away and concentrate on the gore too much
That's what I mean, a lot of modern horror is gore-centric.

Plenty of her Horror list was full of gore as well, a lot worse than The Cell.

I haven't got a problem with the gore it's just that movie I didn't like

Yet you just said:

Gore is fine sometimes the gore if it's over the top can take the story away and concentrate on the gore too much
Plenty of your horror list fit that description more than The Cell.

J-Lo killed The Cell. It couldve been great, and the visuals were unforgettable. Yeah if you go literally into the mind of a serial killer, I think itd look ridiculously horrific too.

Nat heres a tip, when you go to write the review do not recall the film, but recall what you felt watching it. Then explain what moved you to the good or bad, and why.

You watch alot of stuff homie, vast variety of genres. Im sure you wont be a loss for words.

If you can't properly recall a film, you probably shouldn't be reviewing it.

I don't remember there being any incredibly difficult to watch scenes in that movie.
That's because there aren't any.

This would help someone open up more to bring out any unique perspectives rather than just reciting whats seen.

Kind of a misleading way of putting it, I think.
No. I was trying to convey a writing exercise. What is your point?

No. I was trying to convey a writing exercise.
For the sake of totally needless semantics, it doesn't make much sense to disagree with me before conceding that you merely tried.

What is your point?
The point was to clarify it, which has been done. So nevermind.

For the sake of totally needless semantics, it doesn't make much sense to disagree with me before conceding that you merely tried.
I was disagreeing with you cause you said I was misleading, so I just didnt know how to take that.

Nat have you seen The Revenant?

No I haven't seen that yet. I've heard good and bad things about it though
I encourage you to watch it. If you dont find you have alot to say after seeing that then maybe you should hold off on reviewing for awhile, try not to force it. Just a suggestion man

Blue velvet (1986)

Now this is a movie that everyone needs to see. I like the visual aspects of the film and the way it can be unpredictable. It also makes you use your imagination to find answers that are hidden to the very end.

I can't fault this film in one way.

The pianist (2002)

This is a dramatic holocaust film which is a roman polinski film.

The film is emotional which I like because it means it never strays far from the truth.

This is not an overly disturbing movie even when friends of the main character are killed.

District 9 (2009)

I had mixed feelings about this one. It is 3 styles in one. Documentary, action and science fiction. The film was good up until the second half.

The characters weren't very respectable because of arrogance and selfishness. I was expecting some surprises within the plot but none came. There was no deep character interactions.

The film felt like it was going to give a message but it just flopped at the end.