My top movies from 2000-2015

→ in
Tools    

1105. The club (2015)

While advertised as a dark comedy, this film is almost nowhere near that. It was intended to show the evil behind the church, and that it's image cannot be tarnished. In a continent that houses 40% of the world's catholics, a film like this definately sticks a thorn in the church's side. It gets dark, it gets nasty, it gets brutal.

1104. Brooklyn (2015)

This film is a remedy for anyone who is losing faith in good filmmaking. It is a splendid reminder that you can tell a great story without resorting to excessive twists and effects. With the remarkable performances from the entire cast, there is hardly a dull minute in the film, and it only gets more interesting towards the end.

1103. Bridge of spies (2015)

It's gripping and wonderful. I love how Spielberg portrays the cold war era without making it to risky for those who still remember it. Tom hanks does a wonderful job in the lead role.

1102. Bone tomahawk (2015)

This slow burning western/horror flick that keeps building the suspense until the finale. It's not an edge-of-your-seat thriller that is loaded with action, but it has enough to keep your interest. It has more of a typical western feel to it in terms of character development. The dialogue is spot on for this genre. The acting is superb and acting is genuine.

1101. Beasts of no nation (2015)

From beginning to end the child goes through his stages as he is exposed to violence. He was at first a very innocent

Right guys that's all for tonight I'm going to bed now. I will continue tomorrow.

1100. Avengers: age of ultron (2015)

In age of ultron, we get immediate, sustained action. The creativity of the collaborative fighting was improved as well and was featured much more than in the first one. This movie held my attention from start to finish.

1099. The assassin (2015)

The images in the assassin are like a massive coffee table book that you swear you'll open some day: beautiful, lush, even overwhelming.

There are many quiet scenes of vast landscapes, of sick old men, of beautiful women and children that are almost as still as portraits but for the flutter of veils, drifts of smoke, and the sway of trees against a sky of wandering clouds.

1098. Ant-man (2015)

This movie is incredible. A ton of fun with brilliant action and hilarious dialogue this is another fantastic win for marvel. Paul rudd plays a likable and charismatic hero who really makes you root for him and his goals. Micheal pena is the real heist of this film as he steals every scene that he is in. Corey stoll as the villain was a fantastic choice by marvel. He can play the cooperate business man and an imitated villain. The visuals are stunning in this film. All of the tiny ant scenes are visually outstanding and hilarious.

1097. Anomalisa (2015)

The stop motion animation is some of the best I have ever seen on the big screen. For a project that was funded on kickstarter, I have to say that the quality of the animation is the equivalent to what you would see in an Aardman animations or laika productions - if not better.

This is a true work of art on many levels. It is a simple story that touches on a wide range of emotions, riddled with the complexities of our perceptions on relationships.

1096. 45 years (2015)

There are no heroes or villains in the film. Shot with loving attention to the silent vistas of the English countryside, 45 years conveys a sense of isolation, of two people being together yet growing apart, a dream that has been shattered, and a lifetime of security undemined by a moment of doubt. It is a thorny subject but beautifully told with gentleness and love.

1095. X-men days of future past (2014)

This movie is a great movie in the sense that it finds it's source in the very core of humanity's struggles, and shows that x-men's themes - like that of marvel's latest movies - are still very relevant in the world today.

The movie is action packed. There is no irrelevant scenes.

But along with the action, and the acting, there is also the usual dose of humour found in most marvel films, without being out of place and without cutting the pace of the movie itself.

The cinematography in itself was excellent. Excellent use of the 3D. Great camera work.

1094. The lesson(2014)

The film moves slowly, allowing you
To absorb all the subtle statements about life in a post-communist state. It is a moment of examining the strength of women and schoolteachers that is wholly universal. The actress margita gosheva is excellent in the manner in which she portrays this honest woman who faces more obstacles than most. She makes nade credible and lovable. This is a very strong film.

A few of the movies from 2015 that I'm looking forward to seeing (eventually) are The Peanuts Movie, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man, and The Martian.
Ant-man is fantasic. That is a must. The Martian is a great film aswell. The others are great films if you are a fan of the avengers movies and of course snoopy.

1093. Winter sleep (2014)

During three hours and sixteen minutes, a rich and deep portrait of various emotional sufferings are gradually unfolded. You are exposed to intense conflicts between the rich and the poor, a complacent brother and his critical divorcee sister, an egoistic husband and an unhappy young wife and also a naive and resentful villager. Also, there are explosions and accumulations of negative emotional outbursts such as distrust, prejudice, loneliness, fear, suffocation, delusion, hopelessness and hatred.

The only one of your 2015 ones i've seen so far is Inside Out which i liked alot, it is only my sixth favourite Pixar though. My favourite of 2015 so far is Alex Gibneys Documentary Going Clear

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Ant-man is fantasic. That is a must. The Martian is a great film aswell. The others are great films if you are a fan of the avengers movies and of course snoopy.

I've read some great reviews of The Martian, so I think that's the movie that I'm looking forward to the most.

I loved the first Avengers movie, so I have high hopes for the second one. I'm not much of a fan of Paul Rudd, but I usually like the Marvel superhero movies, so I'm going to give Ant-Man a chance.

The one that I have low expectations for is The Peanuts Movie, but not because I think the movie isn't good. It's just that I've been reading Peanuts comic strips and books for as long as I can remember, I've seen most of the Peanuts TV specials, and I love Snoopy, so I'm kind of afraid that it won't live up to my memories of the characters. But I figure that if I go into it with low expectations, I have a better chance of actually liking the movie.

1092. Wild tales (2014)

It's a compliations of 6 tales, but they don't have the same type of length, humour or darkness. Each one is unique.

1. Airplane tale: fantasic, humorous and surreal story to open the series.

2. Coffee shop tale: shorter but dark and makes you wonder what's freedom for some people.

3. Road tale: excellent. A lot of violence and a little bit of humour makes this one of the best tales in the movie.

4. Human limit tale: a man that's having a couple of really bad days explodes when he runs out of patience. Great acting.

5. Accident tale: 90% darkness. And the fact that a very possible story makes it darker. Shcoking finale.

6. Wedding tale: almost impossible to qualify. Hilarious for the most part, but at the end, it will make you wonder to whom your spending the rest of your life with.