Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I've always felt the same way about Poirot, though I must say I did enjoy Branaugh's depiction of him.
And, also, I requested the original '74 version of the Orient Express just to make comparisons.
I liked Kenneth Branaghs portrayal too. I think he captured the quirks without being "stagey". David Suchet is awful at the Belgian detective.

Warui yatsu hodo yoku nemuru [The Bad Sleep Well] (Akira Kurosawa, 1960)

The more complicit the louder the snores

I liked Kenneth Branaghs portrayal too. I think he captured the quirks without being "stagey". David Suchet is awful at the Belgian detective.

I'm nonplussed by this . I thought David Suchet was fantastic. I've only read one of the books, Hercule Poirot's Christmas, so I don't have much of a feel of the character beyond the screen versions.

I liked Peter Ustinov as well and I noticed Ian Holm played the part once – I bet he was good. I really didn't like Albert Finney's take on it.

I'm not enthusiastic about Kenneth Branagh not just because the moustache seems ridiculously un-fastidious but also because I have read Wallander from cover to cover and I thought he was diabolical in the role.

I'm nonplussed by this . I thought David Suchet was fantastic. I've only read one of the books, Hercule Poirot's Christmas, so I don't have much of a feel of the character beyond the screen versions.

I liked Peter Ustinov as well and I noticed Ian Holm played the part once – I bet he was good. I really didn't like Albert Finney's take on it.

I'm not enthusiastic about Kenneth Branagh not just because the moustache seems ridiculously un-fastidious but also because I have read Wallander from cover to cover and I thought he was diabolical in the role.
Horses for courses. SeeingisBeleiving. I don't rate David Suchet as an actor at all.

I liked Branaghs "Wallander" but not a patch on the Mankell books or the Swedish incarnations. Just good to find something decent on telly for me!

I thought Branagh did a competent job as Poirot, but the mustache was ridiculous. It's intrusiveness put me in mind of one of those fake white goatees someone wears to look like Uncle Sam...

He also did a nice job as Wallander. But after seeing Krister Henriksson's excellent work in the original Swedish series and films, his portrayal became the de facto one. Therefore Branagh's didn't quite hold up for me.

~Doc

Read all the Poirots when I was a kid and for me, Ustinov was the Poirot. Suchet second. The rest, abominable. And I agree with you on Wallander, too.

Welcome to the human race...
Rampage -

guys I don't know if you've noticed but apparently movies based on videogames have a tendency to not be very good

Oh cat! Thank you. This is one of those cases where I really didn't want to see the movie but I wanted someone else to see it and tell me my instincts were right. Too bad, as I love me some Helen Mirren!

Oh cat! Thank you. This is one of those cases where I really didn't want to see the movie but I wanted someone else to see it and tell me my instincts were right. Too bad, as I love me some Helen Mirren!
Yeah, a real waste of Helen Mirren. It was incredibly boring. So, so, so boring. And it wasn't an acting tour de force either, so it doesn't have that saving grace going for it.

Pyewacket

A frustrated, angst-ridden teenage girl awakens something in the woods when she naively performs an occult ritual to evoke a spirit to kill her mother. The pyewacket is a believably terrifying thing.. this doesn't play for jump scares or cheap cgi but effectively builds tension and dread, after 30 minutes there was no more effort involved. I had a much better time with this than I did with The Babadook

Le Rayon Vert

3,5*

Great movie but it would have been better with even better dialogues. Sometimes the French think that literally anything is a deep conversation.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Pyewacket

A frustrated, angst-ridden teenage girl awakens something in the woods when she naively performs an occult ritual to evoke a spirit to kill her mother. The pyewacket is a believably terrifying thing.. this doesn't play for jump scares or cheap cgi but effectively builds tension and dread, after 30 minutes there was no more effort involved. I had a much better time with this than I did with The Babadook

Sounds intriguing. Wasn’t a fan of the babadook but like slow burn horror and qual horror generally,