Funniest Scenes and Films

Tools    

thats funny? well each to their own i suppose, i cant think of an overall funniest line but the most recent one i've heard is from oh brother where art thou? (spoiler if you aint seen it)

that means by the time i get out i'll be... eighty four!

...................i'll only be eighty two.

Heck yeah, that was a funny line. Partially because it was realistic in comparison to some others: it's the kind of witty, clever thing you might hear in real life. Clueless is a very funny movie.

What 'bout Big Lebowski. The bowling scene with 'Jesus'. "Nobody ***k wid da Jesus"

SPOILERS

The funniest scene in Big Lebowski is when Walter spreads Donny's ashes, and they fly all over the Dude. It's also kind of sad.

There's Something About Mary is the funniest movie of the 1990s, no matter what anyone says.

Healy: "I work with retards."
Mary: "Isn't that term a little politically incorrect?"
Healy: "Yeah, I know what all the politicians say, but, you know, screw 'em."

Also, anyone ever seen A Fish Called Wanda? It has Kevin Kline's best performance, as Otto, the dumbass American. The movie is seriously one of the funniest I've ever seen.

k k k k k kkkk kenny, lol.

In the Life of Brian where they Mistake him for the Messiah.
Within Minutes of him being proclaimed the Messiah they have factions of people 1 who follow his Holy Gorget and another who decide to wear only one shoe because his fell off when he tried to escape them. And then when he performs his miracles of making a man talk for the first time in 23 years and pointing out there is food in the desert as there is a Bush full of berrys by the side of this Hole.

The Big Lebowski is like 48 of the fifty greatest comedic scenes ever. My favorite: "Do you see what happens?" The steamroller scene in "Wanda" is probably the funniest scene ever. Even today, nobody besides Brits and Habs have truly learned timing. How about I'm gonna git you Sucka's "Stupid painted-on walls!" scene. Nicolas Cage fighting the Biker in Raising Arizona, Woody Allen inflatable suit in Sleeper, Any Peter Sellers scene ("We have a Doomsday gap" "Moths")? These are my favorites...

I can see I may be shot down in flames for this, but one man of unquestionable comedy genius has been overlooked on these fine pages: Cornelius Crane Chase a.k.a Chevy Chase.

The Chasers finest moments can be found in Michael Ritchie's 1985 film, Fletch. Admittably an aqccuired taste but hilarious if you can handle Saturday Night Live's finest.

Scenes that stand out in comedy films have to be the racially motivated rant about Darth Vader in Chasing Amy (1996). Kevin Smith has some fantastic observations about Star Wars, just check out Clerks (1994). The first confrontation between Jack Burton (Kurt Russell) and Lo pan (James Wong) in John Carpenters hilarious comedy , Big Trouble in Little China (1986), is my favourite comedy scene of all time, if only Carpenter still had the magic...

I agree most definatley with the positive opinions on Happy Gilmore, "the best golfing film since Caddyshack". How many funny golfing films are there? Tin Cup wasn't very funny...

MovieForums Extra
Go Fish Called Wanda! Especially the scene where Otto eats the goldfish...

Also, you can't forget good ol' fart jokes, like in American Pie, when Finch drinks the coffee with plenty of laxatives...hilarious

There was a scene in Planes, Trains, and Automobiles that was really funny. Where Steve Martin can't get a rental car, and he goes up to the rental woman and starts a tirade of "f***s," and she askes for his ticket and he says he threw it away, and she says, "You're f***ed." I laughed a lot at that one.