Sorvino: Movie sex not always simulated

Tools    

Yup, no joke (from IMDB.com):

Mira Sorvino has shocked Hollywood by insisting that movie stars really do have sex on film. The Summer Of Sam star - who won an Oscar for her role as a prostitute in Woody Allen movie Mighty Aphrodite - has revealed that some actors don't fake movie sex scenes. But Sorvino refused to disclose which stars go all the way for the cameras. She says, "It rarely happens that actors have proper sex in films. But it does, though - now and again. And other actors tell me that it does."
Anyone else rather surprised by this? I'm surprised, but not shocked. I also have to wonder if she's exaggerating a bit. If she isn't, then it must be pretty rare. What do ya'll think? Any theories on which actors she may be referring to?

Rock God
there's no end to the sleaze that they'll use to sell newspapers. who cares, i say? it's a little surprising, but think about it, how much integrity do celebrities really have anyway?

I don't know that celebrities are all that more corrupt than anyone else. Some are, for sure, but this is still a surprise. I don't think it was in a newspaper, though. I'm not sure -- but I doubt that Sorvino just made it up. My guess here is that it's happened a few times, but is rare, IE: it's being a bit exaggerated based on a few isolated incidents.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I'm not really surprised. Hell if I were a celebrity and had to do a sex scene, I'd want it to be real! Alot of celebs are hot!!

As for people I think where this may have happened...
Maybe Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise in Eyes Wide Shut?

I doubt the small sex scene in Enemy at the Gates was real, but it was the most realistic looking scene in a movie, that I've seen at least. It was weird. Felt like you were actually watching people have sex.

Yeah, Kidman/Cruise is a possibility. That'd make the most sense...and it wouldn't be too upsetting really. A bit odd (if I were married, I wouldn't want people watching while I was having sex with my wife), but definitely plausible. I didn't see Eyes Wide Shut, though: was there a sex scene between the two of them? From what I've seen, their characters don't get along, so I figured it possible that there wasn't.

Well, if I ever do a sex scene with Mira Sorvino now, I'm going to expect her to go all the way with me.

Guy
in EWS the two didn't even have sex. There are some situations where you are like, how can they possibly not be having sex.

Now With Moveable Parts
I totally think the stars are boinging each other for real.There some scenes where just about everything is visable.Fatal Attraction comes to mind when they're doing it on the kitchen counter.Or Cruel Intentions-that's the movie set where Ryan Pillipe and Reese Witherspoon actually fell in love in real life.Maybe it was that intimate love scene!This is kind of a weird one,but two chicks definately were mighty close for that party scene in Reqreium for a Dream.Probably butt doubles.

I dunno, I think it's much rarer than that. I also don't think people who have just recently married or fallen would love, would be willing to have sex on camera like that.

I think Angelina would do it with Billy bob if they were ever in a love scene togethert,!!!
But I read in a book that in nudie love scenes, the actors are always wearing little stick on cover ups over their pudendoos. So you might see their big butts or the sides of their legs & it looks like theyre totally nude but theyre not.

Guy
yep. EWS had no sex between Cruise and Kidman. I think the only sex scene was in the fancy mansion.

The scene in The Dreamlife of Angels sure looked real.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Angelina would do anything with Thorton on camera. It's amazing to see how passionate she is towards that man. Lucky man!!

MovieForums Extra
Yep, I'd like to see Angelina in such a scene!

I'm not really surprised, it sure as hell would be the life (imagine, having "unsimulated" sex with Sandra Bullock, or Cameron Diaz, or Jennifer Lopez...)

Maybe Billy bob knows something we dont. I even heard Laura Dern was his gf. Hes so ugly, almost as ugly as that guy Buscemi. Maybe hes memorized the Kamasuter or maybe his nob has ADD.

MovieForums Extra
I heard something on the radio the other day, some woman was describing their new house... and she said that they had a full-on dungeon, with all the paraphernalia that you could imagine! They're a kinky couple allright!

Enemy at the Gates... that had the craziest sex scene ever.

Anyways... Kim Basinger and Alec Baldwin have co-starred a few times.

What always intrigues me is how they do it. You can usually tell when things line up and when things don't line up. And when things line up how do they prevent it from happening? The only thing I Can thing of is tape.

I wouldn't totally rule out the possibility that actors really have sex on camera, but I doubt that a lot of them do. I'm sure some of them wouldn't even have the guts.

As for who does and who doesn't, there are a few that I can see who would actually go through with it. Angelina Jolie and Nicole Kidman are at the top of the list, I'm sure. And I think I remember reading somewhere that there was a scene between Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgwick (they're married) that was real sex, but I'm not sure. If anyone knows if that was true let me know. That lucky girl. . .

And I agree with aspen: you can pretty much tell when they are doing it and aren't, but you can't always be sure.