Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Wow I wasnt on about you. Jesus I was on about the person who said I needed help. I haven't been on here for years.

You know what I can't be bothered with this. I'm deleting my account here.

Hey Nat, don't delete your account because you liked a bad movie. I was making fun of the fact that you rated such a terrible movie a 9/10 but I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

Regardless, my sincere apologies.

I used to watch a lot of crappy movies too, because the plot is not complex and the language is not hard for me since English is not my native language, and I claimed those movies the best movies I have ever seen.

Then in years I watched so many better movies, and when I finally reached 1000 movies mark, I realized how terrible those movies I watched back in the day were. And that makes me appreciate great films even more today, and that's why I would come to a forum like here.

Just keep an open mind that there are so many good movies out there and you will find the ones you love. Don't waste your time on crap like Transformers 2, and that's just my 2 cent. But it is still your choice.

Cheers and have a good weekend.

And I hope you have not deleted your account yet.

"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned."

Welcome to the human race...
Isle of Dogs -

well sh*t guess I have to re-watch all the Wes Anderson now

You two have the balls to be real hence why you haven’t held back on me for being rude/smartass and are able to have this convo with serious themes. The site would suffer without you both.
Believe me it wasn't my intention to say all that on a thread that everyone can see but it happened. It's over now and everyone involved is happy again

currently editing a post...
Isle of Dogs -

well sh*t guess I have to re-watch all the Wes Anderson now

For some reason I never watched Bottle Rocket. I listened to a podcast where they were quoting it and it sounds like it may be one of his best.

Legend (Brian Helgeland, 2015)

Boys will be boys

Almost famous for having nailed Madonna once

The French Connection (1971)

My goodness the actors were great in this. Plot was superb and no fat on the screenwriting. Earthy, gritty and (as my avatar may suggest) great to see Roy Sheider working his way with Gene Hackman who, as Popeye Doyle is the dog without a bone. I cannot fault this film for authenticity. Simply brilliant....gasp...9.5/10.

Think you used enough dynamite there, Butch?

Darkest Hour
Had always been a fan of Oldman and it continues seeing him portraying Churchill. I was intrigued from beginning to the very end.

Murder on the Orient Express
+ While I was always so-so when it came to the Belgian detective Poirot growing up and had never read the books or can even remember seeing the original from '74, I have no idea how close to the story or if the murderer(s) is the same as the book or the previous film, but I did enjoy the cinematic aspects and the old Hollywood feel of the performances of everyone.
Will need to check out the '74 version again since I haven't seen it since it first came out.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
LMAO Edar!!!

Haven't seen the new one, but now I'm intrigued. @edarsenal. The original Murder on the Orient Express was very well done, and still one of my fave go-to murder mysteries, in spite of the fact that the pompous, mustachioed Hercule Poirot remains one of the unlikeliest and most unlikeable (jmho) of detectives, both in movies and in dear Dame Agatha's fiction. But the movie is a train worth boarding

I enjoy this film a lot more than the first, but I would still call it a below-average film altogether.

The French Connection (1971)

My goodness the actors were great in this. Plot was superb and no fat on the screenwriting. Earthy, gritty and (as my avatar may suggest) great to see Roy Sheider working his way with Gene Hackman who, as Popeye Doyle is the dog without a bone. I cannot fault this film for authenticity. Simply brilliant....gasp...9.5/10.

Great review - everything you say is on the mark and so aptly put. Dog without a bone!!! Great metaphor.

Btw, I consider Gene Hackman to be one of the all time great actors. Immensely talented at his craft - in a way that doesn't announce he's a star; he just inhabits the role and makes it true. Loved him ever since he played Clyde's brother in Bonnie and Clyde.