Recommend Me A Film

Tools    

with the B Movie II HOF ending .. I thought it would be encouraging for people to recommend me a film

I will mention if I have seen it already or not and if not, then I will give it a watch.

However, there are a few rules. This could change at any moment but for now...

Do not recommend me a comedy. I do not enjoy comedies.
Do not recommend me a film starring Ben Stiller. I can't stand the guy. He's a horrible actor.
Do not recommend me a film starring Bradley Cooper. See above reason.

The choice is yours!

I'm pretty sure Sorry to Bother You and Eighth Grade arrived on VOD recently. I've only seen the latter myself, but really enjoyed it and am excited to watch the former.

I'm pretty sure Sorry to Bother You and Eighth Grade arrived on VOD recently. I've only seen the latter myself, but really enjoyed it and am excited to watch the former.
@Redwell, which one do you think I should watch first?

Do not recommend me a comedy. I do not enjoy comedies.

One of the saddest things I have ever read on this site

One of the saddest things I have ever read on this site
LOL no its not... I find most silly and not funny at all.. Most American comedies either are racial comments, discriminative comments, gross body function comments and just all around stupid sh*t.

"how did you get pink eye?" "We farted on each other's pillows" (hahahaha)

How in the f*ck is that funny? its gross!

I have seen some with friends who wanted to watch them but yeah they were stupid in my opinion.

LOL no its not... I find most silly and not funny at all.. Most American comedies either are racial comments, discriminative comments, gross body function comments and just all around stupid sh*t.

I have seen some with friends who wanted to watch them but yeah they were stupid in my opinion.
I only watch comedys nowadays. I like stuff being kept light.

@Redwell, which one do you think I should watch first?
You might consider Sorry to Bother You a comedy... so probably Eighth Grade lol.

Brazil (1985)
The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus (2009)
and
The Exorcist (1973)

Di je Karlo?
-District B13. A french action movie full of high-octane parkour

-The Social Network. It's not a celebration of facebook like some people think it is, it's more of a modernization of The Great Gatsby with a strong David Fincher feel.

-Basically anything by Damien Chazelle

A Simple Favor is one of the best Murder Mystery films I've seen in years. TV fans may enjoy seeing if they can spot the actor who played Winnie Lopez on Fargo Season 3. She was the one who met the lead character in a woman's washroom and was busy stuffing toilet paper down her pants because she ran out of tampons. She only has a small part in this film but she was not easy to recognize. The name of the actor is Olivia Sandoval.

I was very disappointed with Sorry to Bother You. Most people may not feel the way I did. Here is the Plot Summary from IMDB:

In an alternate present-day version of Oakland, telemarketer Cassius Green discovers a magical key to professional success, propelling him into a universe of greed.

I was looking forward to a plot where the lead character discovers some way to convince people over the phone to do just about anything. Instead, the movie spent about 88 minutes promising to deliver some big surprise and the last two minutes just delivered ... ummm .... can you curse on this site? I suppose I'll find out soon enough. Anyway, the last two minutes was just pretty stupid and a real waste of money IMHO. But you may choose to see for yourself.

I think Corpse Bride is a good option for you to watch. It's a very beautifully directed movie about true love and voice acting was very convincing especially by lead Johnny Depp. I have seen this movie 5 times and every time I enjoyed a lot.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses

So true! There are less than 10 movies that I find funny, and most are black humored (Cuckoos Nest, Buffalo '66), although you might like some Italian comedies, but I stay away from that word myself.

You seem to like horror, and the last one I saw was pretty sexual from 1969 - "Blind Beast" (Japanese movie with good story).