Stupid Ideas

Tools    

I was watching Pitch Black and you know that part where the girl says "If you have a better idea I want to hear it" or something like that. In my head I thought, yeah I do. Let's do your plan until you die, then do my plan. lol!

Sometimes people in movies get crazy ideas, what are your favorites?

LOL. My favorite would be just about anytime where the characters want to do ANYTHING other than kill the bad guy who's knocked unconcious on the floor! These people are just flat-out stupid. It's sick...

Didn't see it.
My rule is shoot 'em till you run out of bullets, then leave reload and shoot 'em a few more times.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
My rule is if you don't see brains splattered anywhere and a bullet hole in the head ... they ain't dead.

Why people just suddenly turn lazy in movies after incapacitating someone I don't know ... they deserve what they get if they can't finish the job right.

_________
I fell in love with the movies. We've been married ever since.

When someone feels they have to touch or probe any strange-looking substances that shouldn't be there. Like alien slime, or whatever.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right

18 years. Jesus.

Your golden shovel is legal!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Just sat watching Interstellar and within the first few minutes we learn that there's a crop-plight, and the world is in famine.

Then, 2 seconds later, that drone appears and they chase after it... and they drive through the fields of corn trying to catch it, flattening thousands of crops.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
The one I can't stand is when the villain puts a gun to a hostages head, and says to the hero "Drop your gun", and the hero does it. Why?? The villain is just going to shoot you and the hostage and get away then, don't they know that?!

The one I can't stand is when the villain puts a gun to a hostages head, and says to the hero "Drop your gun", and the hero does it. Why?? The villain is just going to shoot you and the hostage and get away then, don't they know that?!
Put yourself in the hero's shoes. You would, rightfully, think that the likelihood of the bad-guy shooting the hostage would be much lower if you drop your weapon. There are far worse examples.

No in the hero's shoes, I think it would be higher, cause usually the villain wants to kill the hero, and the hero knows this a lot of the times it has happened.

The hero would know that if he kept his gun on the villain, that the villain's chance of killing both of them are far less likely. If you drop your gun, then the villain's chances of killing you are far more likely, cause you gave him the chance more.

Unless of course the villain had a reason to keep the hero alive, but in movies like Witness (1985) for example, or Kindergarden Cop (1990), the villain didn't have a reason to keep the hero alive.

Well what's the villains' game plan then? Like in Witness, the main cop character new that the villains came to kill him, cause he knows too much.

So if he were to give up his gun to the villains, why wouldn't he think they were going to kill him, since that is what they originally came there for?

I agree with Ironpony. It's really more of a convention of movies and TV. It's like scenes in which a bad guy holds a gun to a person and orders the person into a car. In real life, your best move would be to try to get away. Even if he shoots, you have at least a small chance of getting away unless you're in a desert. Once you get into that car, you put the bad guy in control of the situation.
I guess the reason someone like James Bond would do something like that is to meet the head villain and learn his plans but the average person should just run. Can others think of scenes where the prospective captive had another reason to comply?