John Connor's Top 250 of All Time

→ in
Tools    

# 22

GoodFellas 1990 Directed by Martin Scorsese

2h 26min | Biography | Crime | Drama
Writer: Nicholas Pileggi
Cast: Robert De Niro, Ray Liotta, Joe Pesci, Lorraine Bracco, Paul Sorvino, Frank Sivero, Tony Darrow, Mike Starr, Frank Vincent, Chuck Low, Frank DiLeo, Henny Youngman, Gina Mastrogiacomo

# 21

Alien + Aliens 1979-1986 Directed by Ridley Scott, James Cameron

1h 57min | 2h 17min | Sci-Fi | Action | Horror | Adventure
Writers: Dan O'Bannon, Ronald Shusett
Cast: Sigourney Weaver, Tom Skerritt, Veronica Cartwright, Harry Dean Stanton, John Hurt, Ian Holm, Yaphet Kotto, Bolaji Badejo, Helen Horton, Eddie Powell
Aliens review

# 19

Double Indemnity 1944 Directed by Billy Wilder

1h 47min | Crime | Drama | Film-Noir
Writers: Billy Wilder, Raymond Chandler
Cast: Fred MacMurray, Barbara Stanwyck, Edward G. Robinson, Porter Hall, Richard Gaines, Jean Heather, Tom Powers, Fortunio Bonanova, Byron Barr, John Berry

"Shut up, baby"

My # 1 Film-Noir, picture-perfect.

# 18

Jaws 1975 Directed by Steven Spielberg

2h 4min | Adventure | Drama | Thriller
Writers: Peter Benchley, Carl Gottlieb
Cast: Roy Scheider, Richard Dreyfuss, Robert Shaw, Lorraine Gary, Murray Hamilton, Jay Mello, Chris Rebello, Jeffrey Kramer, Lee Fierro, Jeffrey Voorhees, Carl Gottlieb, Craig Kingsbury, Susan Backlinie, Jonathan Filley, Belle McDonald

honorable mention:

# 17

The Thing 1982 Directed by John Carpenter

1h 49min | Horror | Mystery | Sci-Fi
Writers: Bill Lancaster, John W. Campbell Jr.
Cast: Kurt Russell, Wilford Brimley, Keith David, Donald Moffat, Richard Dysart, Charles Hallahan

# 16

Big Trouble in Little China 1986 Directed by John Carpenter

1h 39min | Action | Adventure | Comedy |
Writers: Gary Goldman, David Z. Weinstein
Cast: Kurt Russell, Kim Cattrall, Dennis Dun, James Hong, Victor Wong, Kate Burton, Donald Li, Carter Wong, Peter Kwong, James Pax, Suzee Pai

# 15

Psycho 1960 Directed by Alfred Hitchcock

1h 49min | Horror | Mystery | Thriller
Writers: Joseph Stefano, Robert Bloch
Cast: Anthony Perkins, Janet Leigh, Vera Miles, John Gavin, Martin Balsam, John McIntire, Simon Oakland, Frank Albertson, Patricia Hitchcock, Vaughn Taylor, Lurene Tuttle, Mort Mills, John Anderson

# 14

The Shawshank Redemption 1994 Directed by Frank Darabont

2h 22min | Drama
Writer: Stephen King
Cast: Tim Robbins, Morgan Freeman, Bob Gunton, Clancy Brown, Mark Rolston, James Whitmore, Gil Bellows, William Sadler, Jeffrey DeMunn, Larry Brandenburg, Neil Giuntoli

"Get busy living or get busy dying."

# 13

City of God 'Cidade de Deus' 2002 Directed by Fernando Meirelles, Kátia Lund

2h 10min | Crime | Drama
Writers: Paulo Lins, Bráulio Mantovani
Cast: Alexandre Rodrigues, Leandro Firmino, Matheus Nachtergaele

Had to mention that To Kill a Mockingbird is one of my all time favorite movies. Glad to see it high on your list too.

Also enjoyed your musical intermission. Ah... Tony Bennett.

Well I' m getting ready to see your top ten. Eagerly awaiting.

In the meantime, I think I' ll make one last trip to the concession stand to see if they got those Milk Duds I ordered

Oh , got back early. And I was in luck - nothing at the counter but I found this in the hallway to the lounge. I got Milk Duds AND Whoppers AND Junior Mints .

Also got some popcorn. With real butter. There's plenty to share so don't feel afraid to take a few handfuls.

Ah..... well.. ahem.....let's just forget about sharing that popcorn shall we? Too many calories anyway. Care for a Milk Dud?

( And now, on with the show )

Oh , got back early. And I was in luck - nothing at the counter but I found this in the hallway to the lounge. I got Milk Duds AND Whoppers AND Junior Mints .

This pic triggers all kinds of cravings, so heading to the kitchen now but I'll be back with something to chew and the next couple of movies on the list

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Shawshank Redemption is one of the few movies I remember the time and place I saw it. It changed how I thought about movies at the time.

I honestly think it’s one of the best films of all time and no matter where it is in the movie, if it’s on tv I find myself watching the rest of it.

# 11

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy 2001-2003 Directed by Peter Jackson

2h 58min | 2h 59min | 3h 21min | Adventure | Drama | Fantasy
Writers: J.R.R. Tolkien, Fran Walsh
Cast: Elijah Wood, Ian McKellen, Viggo Mortensen, Sean Astin, Liv Tyler, Orlando Bloom, John Rhys-Davies, Dominic Monaghan, Billy Boyd, Sean Bean, Andy Serkis

honorable mentions:
  • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban 2004 Directed by Alfonso Cuarón
  • The NeverEnding Story ‘Die unendliche Geschichte’ 1984 Directed by Wolfgang Petersen
  • Legend 1985 Directed by Ridley Scott

it’s one of the best films of all time and no matter where it is in the movie, if it’s on tv I find myself watching the rest of it.
^ same here, Zihuatanejo is still on my 'places to visit' bucket list.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I liked the pilot episode of "Miami Vice", but I never thought of it as a movie.
The Dutch and German TV stations, announced it like that, even saw the german dubbed version once, it was hilarious. Didn't expect you to like it, cool, cool, cool..

I liked most of the "Miami Vice" series. I even have the first few seasons on DVD.

I saw a video on YouTube a few years ago that was the song "Smuggler's Blues" from the episode with Glenn Frey, but it used movie clips of Han Solo from the Star Wars movies. It was a great video, but I haven't been able to find it again, so it must have been taken down for some reason.