Rodent's Newest Top 100... 2014-2015

→ in
Tools    

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
I came here with a crapload of rep all ready to hand out to you Rodent, but man you're making it tough! I mean Man of Steel, really? So far the ones I've loved are X-Men: First Class, The Voyage Home and eh.....not that's it! I've loved your previous lists though so I'm sure you'll win me back round

And I didn't quite realise just how much you loved the Trek films.

Yeah, I'm thrilled that there's already a Whoopi Goldberg film on this list.

Star Trek: Generations.

I love The Voyage Home.

Die Hard With A Vengeance

Dawn Of The Dead

X-Men Oranges: Wolverine

Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan

There's a good amount of superhero movies I haven't seen yet, but so far, First Class is my favorite. It's the movie that got me into these types.

Haven't seen Willow or Night of the Living Dead in a while, but they're old favorites.

The Mist and Star Wars are awesome and Dog Soldiers was pretty great too.

I liked Prometheus and The Abyss.

Don't care about Star Trek and haven't seen the others.

Nope... I love all the X films... same with Trek, I may find a couple of them weak in technical terms but I still think they're great to watch.

You're always making fun of it. Calling it X-Men Oranges and stuff.

Is that a pet name? Are you secretly its lover?

I like Die Hard with a Vengence a lot, but I strongly prefer the first 2.

Origins: Wolverine is the only X-Men movie I've seen besides First Class, and I liked that a lot too. I really need to see the rest.

Absolutely love Dawn of the Dead.

I think this is the best 100 I've made so far... some stuff in there people will frown at but it's not a list based on quality exactly, it's based on my preference like with my other lists I made a few years back.

I think this is probably my most balanced list anyways. A lot of Treks at the bottom end, sure, but the rest is pretty strong throughout I reckon.

Taken me a couple weeks for this one... had a load going on and off the list, some going on and staying on etc... I spent most of Tuesday organising the final list and then reorganising it... taken ages to put this one together.

The nicest thing I can say about this list so far is that it's . . . interesting.

Star Trek just isn't my kinda thing, so I've never watched any of the television shows or films, and I have no desire in changing that. Prometheus and Man of Steel were enormous disappointments. I liked the first Kick-Ass quite a bit, but the sequel was poor.

On the positive side, I love X-Men: First Class, which is one of my favorite superhero films. I'm also fond of The Burbs, The Mist, and Night of the Living Dead (still the best zombie film ever made, imo). I haven't seen Willow since I was a little kid. I liked it back then, but I fear that I'd have the same reaction as Miss Vicky if I re-watched it today.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

X-Men Oranges: Wolverine

Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan

+ rep for X-Men Origins: Wolverine and Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan.

Unlike most people, I love X-Men Origins: Wolverine. It's one of my favorite superhero movies, and it made me really appreciate Liev Schreiber as an actor. I didn't realize how good he is until I saw him as Sabretooth (Victor Creed) in this, and also in Kate and Leopold. Now I always look forward to seeing any movies starring either Hugh Jackman or Liev Schreiber.

Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan was the Star Trek movie that made me become a Trekkie. My Mom was a Trekkie for years, but most of the episodes I had seen were third season episodes, (which are some of the worst episodes), so I couldn't understand why she loved Star Trek so much. The she dragged me (practically kicking and screaming) to see Star Trek: The Motion Picture, and I hated it.

But when she couldn't find anyone to go with her to see Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, I offered to go with her, even though I had no interest in the movie. (Sometimes you do nice things for your mom just because she's your mom, and you love her. )

That's when I found out why she loved Star Trek. The movie wasn't just a great sci-fi movie, it was also a great action/adventure movie. Plus, the characters were great too. I loved the way they played off each other, especially Spock and McCoy. I've been a die-hard Trekkie since then.