Rodent's Newest Top 100... 2014-2015

→ in
Tools    

I used to not care for Alien 3, but after a couple of more watches, thanks to pressure from Rodent and Slob around here, I like it a lot more. I do think it's very flawed, though. If it just had more energy and more OOOMPH! like Aliens -- more action -- it could have been really great. The story's a fitting end. I like its darkness.

Predator is boring.

RoboCop is great. I watched it with Rodent for a commentary for what was really my first time seeing it. I probably saw it as a little kid, but my memory of it was practically nothing. I now own it.

The Thing was "meh" when I saw it. Haven't seen Dredd.

+ rep for Robocop, Predator, Ghostbusters, Starship Troopers and The Thing. :cool; Dredd is something I think I might like, so I'm looking forward to see it one day. Alien 3 is my favourite of the Alien films, but then, I'm not a fan of the franchise, so it probably appeals to me more than others.

Congrats on finishing your list.

Of your top five, I've only seen Predator and Robocop, but it's been too long for me to say whether I like them or not. Haven't seen the others but +rep for finishing your list so quickly.

rep for Jurassic Park & The Thing in your Top 10

i want to re-watch Poltergeist & RoboCop soon, as it's been yeeears

own Alien³, along with the rest of the Alien Anthology, but haven't watched anything after Alien/Aliens, yet

Rodent earned his admittance to sci-fi / action heaven in this countdown,

RoboCop and The Thing are huge favorites of mine, and I also love Poltergeist, Ghostbusters, Predator, Dredd, and Jurassic Park.

Starship Troopers was just ok for me.

I didn't like Alien 3, but I only saw it once at the movies when it came out.

Haven't seen Moon.

Great list with tons of fun movies.

What I don't like about that extended cut (at least, as long as it's the same thing I'm thinking of) --- you don't see the alien burst out of Ripley's chest when she plunges into the furnace to kill herself. I feel it's really lacking emotionally by not having the chestburster come out as she falls. The theatrical cut wins by featuring that part.

Awesome list, Rodent. And I agree with you on Alien 3 - I've grown more fond of the film over the last 5 years and would rate it on par with Aliens now - it will definately make my revised Top 100.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Fairly strong finish Rodent. I also have a lot of love for Jurassic Park, Ghostbusters, Robocop, Predator, Dredd, Moon and Poltergeist.

Added your new list to the master list of lists. (that's a lot of uses of the word list )

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
No I haven't yet. I kind of lost track over the last month or two, especially with all these damn horror lists!

Gbgoodies, I upvoted your Star Trek movies comment because you went with your mom to see a film she liked. My wife is not a Star Wars fan, but she has seen four of them with me at the theater. Of course, she picks at times, too. One of the secrets to a good marriage.