Problem with polls

Tools    

MovieForums Extra

I've got a problem with Polls, I doesn't seem to register my vote regardless of the browser I use. It just gives me a message telling me to sign up/retrieve my password, but doesn't give me any other options...does anyone know what the problem is?

Hi Zeph,

I'm afraid I don't know...but considering that the Poll option is a hack, I'm not surprised that a bug has reared its very ugly head.

When we upgrade to vBulletin 2.0, polls will be an actual feature of the board, rather than a hack, and as such, will have been extensively tested beforehand.

Sorry ya'll: we'll just have to wait for that! It should be a month or two (more likely 2 or 3 though).

Sorry Zeph. All I can recommend for now is to simply reply and tell everyone what you WOULD have voted for, and why.

Thanks!

MovieForums Extra

Thanks Commish, it sounds like a good idea!

By the way, I'm a member of the Deja.com newsgroups, you wouldn't consider it spam or copyright infringement if I stick a http://www.movieforums.com URL under my name?? I figure that it should attract a few people to at least check out the forum, what do you think?

Of course not! Member "jamesglewisf" and I actually have links to each other's forums in other forums like this that we post in - what you're talking about is basically just a signature.

And who am I to complain if a member of this site wants to help send us more traffic? Let it be known: anytime anyone here wants to link to us in a non-SPAM way, feel free to!

Thanks Zeph!