Your Last Great Popcorn Movie

Tools    

Ok, so we're talking the movie that has you... leave-your-brain-at-the-door... but has a bit of oomph behind it... blockbuster material... and one that ever since has yet to be bettered since it was released...

Your Last Great Popcorn Movie...

For me...

I gotta go with Independence Day (1996).
Sure there's been a pile of Summer blockbusters, and a load of successful movies since... and there's the MCU to consider... but, ID4 is for me probably the last great smash 'em up brainless-with-a-brain popcorn flick.
Just seems since it was made, all the other Summer blockbusters and big movies have taken themselves way too seriously.

What's your input?

Welcome to the human race...
As far as I'm concerned, Independence Day is a leave-everything-at-the-door movie.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I may eat popcorn for different reasons than many, but my usual answer is Nightcrawler although there are others.

Welcome to the human race...
The first answer I thought of was Fury Road, but I have trouble thinking of that as a "leave your brain at the door" kind of movie despite the outlandish nature of its world-building.

Not really my last one, but a favourite of mine :

White House Down

Obviously.

Although, if you consider Black Dynamite a popcorn flick (which I really don't) then it'd be that.

Deadpool, Kick Ass come to mind.

recently I watched this movie Simmba and it was the best movie to date according to me.