Arthouse Mafia

Tools    

How did this go from an arthouse discussion thread to a best naked guy thread?

Mr. Minio, be honest, this is what you were hoping for, right?
Minio really wants me to join.. because he knows my taste in films.... hmmmmmm

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
No thanks.. I have my own hot "arthouse guy" to look at....
Yeah, I love you too, darl...
he's in my avatar and profile banner.. and his quote is in my signature...
Oh, oh, okay.
He looks like he's about to be scanned.
The King of Mainstreamness visited our refined thread!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

You keep saying you love the letter "U".... hmmmmm
That was a fun pun. I do love you, but 'love' as 'like very much' not like, well... 'love'.
So, dear member of this sacred council, what are your visions on Tarkovsky's Stalker?
For the first time I have watched it not that long after Werckmeister Harmonies and although I loved it I thought it pales in comparison to Tarr's masterwork. After a rewatch I got to love it even more and was really riddled with that Chamber/Room thingy. It got me thinking. Also I was very excited with the cinematography and philosophy (and poetry). Anyways, Tarkovsky is a poet and you have to FEEL his works in order to truly love them. You can comprehend their theoretical meaning, but if you don't understand them with your soul, it's not gonna do much for you.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
How did this go from an arthouse discussion thread to a best naked guy thread?

Mr. Minio, be honest, this is what you were hoping for, right?
Is Apichatpong Weerasethakul hotter than Bela Tarr or not? That's the real question.

Is Apichatpong Weerasethakul hotter than Bela Tarr or not? That's the real question.
You decide!

vs.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
For the first time I have watched it not that long after Werckmeister Harmonies and although I loved it I thought it pales in comparison to Tarr's masterwork. After a rewatch I got to love it even more and was really riddled with that Chamber/Room thingy. It got me thinking. Also I was very excited with the cinematography and philosophy (and poetry). Anyways, Tarkovsky is a poet and you have to FEEL his works in order to truly love them. You can comprehend their theoretical meaning, but if you don't understand them with your soul, it's not gonna do much for you.
That's an interesting point! I only watched it once and I feel that I understand the concept and I'm, in part, fascinated by it! However I couldn't feel emotionely connected to it in the way I thought I would be! Maybe with another rewatch or with a better knowledge of the rest of Tarkovsky's work!
Also, I realized when I was reading some interpretations on the Internet, that there were a lot of symboligies that I didn't get at the time (like the rain, for example). Nevertheless, I was happy when I finished because I felt that the film had much more to say!

That was a fun pun. I do love you, but 'love' as 'like very much' not like, well... 'love'.

You are so adorable, mój mały ból w dupie.

(im sure it didnt translate correctly but you understand what i mean)

can i join my favrite movie is americn pie
Sure, you can join... Mainstream Mafia!
mój ma³y ból w dupie
It says: "My little pain in the ass", so I guess that's what you meant. Or isn't it?

Arthouse is such a general term, obscurity has nothing to do with it. Arthouse is basically mainstream now, and mainstream is ultra-mainstream. Blame the internet and/or hipsters if you must.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Gooble gobble, one of us!
This is my formal application for becomming your arthouse disciple. Teach me your ways, mighty Mr Minio. I will become your pupil, you, my master!

As an offering to the Ancient Arthouse Gods, I shall sacrifice a bunch of mainstream kids I found in the theater waiting in line for Transformers.