Stylish medieval flicks?

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I'm wondering are there any stylish medieval flicks? Something like spaghetti westerns, but with sword fights and set in medieval Europe. There's a good number of 'em Japanese and Chinese flicks like this (not necessarily Middle Age times, but still...) with sword duels (samurai/ronin flicks for Japanese and wuxia flicks for Chinese, but I can't really think of something like that in cinema about Europe.

And I'm not just asking about any medieval film with a sword fight, but flicks made in a specific 'cool' way oozing with style. Something like medieval exploitation or medieval spaghetti western if that makes any sense.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Maybe not what you're after... Dragonheart with Dennis Quaid?

Not sure of anything else though. It's a good question though.

Nicolas Ugh Cage and Ron Pearlman starred in one called Season Of The Witch. Not very good though.

Oh!

Black Death with Sean Bean... not bad for a low budget simmering broody film.

Robin Hood Prince Of Thieves

A Knight's Tale (Heath Ledger)

Excalibur (1991)

I've seen some of them, haven't seen some and another one is on my watchlist.

Not 100% what I want, but still + rep for trying.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Here's a list from ranker.com of "The Best Medieval Movies":

"What are the best medieval movies? Kings, sword fights, jousting, horses... fire, pillaging, knights, people with English accents saying "m'lady" and "ye"... This is a list of all the greatest medieval movies ever made, from dark age movies to renaissance films."

http://www.ranker.com/list/all-medie...e-movies-lists

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
No gloomy ones?

A few French ones: Le Bossu (97), Cyrano de Bergerac (90), Cartouche (62), Brotherhood of the Wolf (01).

This isn't quite in line with your description, but Ironclad is super violent, to the point of feeling kinda graphic (no pun intended) novel-ish. It's not really "cool," but it also feels pretty over the top compared to most medieval films, so I thought it warranted a mention.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
My favorite ones are things like Richard Lester's The Three Musketeers & The Four Musketeers, Flesh+Blood, The War Lord and El Cid, but the last two are pretty straight.

+ reps for MOAR suggestions from you, guys. I'll check 'em later.

LOTR is a fantasy film. Not what I meant.

You don't understand what 'stylish' I mean.
I think we have our own definition of stylish... and for a matter of fact... Marketa Lazarova is very stylish and one of the films selected for the Criterion collection....

I know many medieval films as that is one of the genres of films I enjoy...

I'm wondering are there any stylish medieval flicks? Something like spaghetti westerns, but with sword fights and set in medieval Europe.
That's what I meant. As much as I love Marketa Lazarova it by no means fits the description.

mark has mentioned it, but this is what I'd go with. Also on the HK 100.

Yoda's suggestion of Ironclad may work, too, but I think Flesh+Blood is what you want.

That's what I meant. As much as I love Marketa Lazarova it by no means fits the description.
It does have fighting in it...

as does

The Passion of Beatrice...