0 votes
20-21
0%
0 votes
22-23
0%
0 votes
12 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Any fans? I didn't see a thread for it, so I made this one.

Everyone knows that the show is pretty horrible now, but we could still discuss the classic era here, and maybe even some of the post-classic era. I still watch new episodes, and I've seen every single one, but it's mostly just from dedication. It isn't very enjoyable anymore, especially in the last few seasons, but some episodes are decent.

Anyway, talk about anything related to The Simpsons here.
I'll add a poll for favorite season just for fun.

I watched it regularly when I was a kid (I think I was 8 years old when it debuted) and have sporadically watched episodes over the years, but haven't watched it with any real frequency in a very long time. I honestly can't really remember the early seasons or differentiate between the later ones.

Seasons 3-4.

Simpsons is very good. Nothing really awe inspiring, but really good nonetheless.

The new seasons tried to copy the style of shows like South Park without the meat. Some new episodes are good, though.

7-8 Were great seasons. I own alot of the early ones haven't watched them in awhile though. After the movie they just collapsed.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I voted 7-8 also. I forget sometimes how good The Simpsons used to be because it's pretty awful now. I think it lost its way when it stopped being self-contained and started letting the outside world in. For example, there was an episode where Marge and the kids became foodies. It was a horrible episode. The Simpsons never needed anything "trendy" on their show when it was good.

I wish they could have gone out on a high note and could be something I remembered fondly from my childhood.

Seasons 5-6...too many of my favourite episodes in these two seasons. But my favourite episode is from season 4, Last Exit to Springfield:

I can't watch the new episodes, though, all the good writers have left.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Not Enough Time
I don't have TV so I don't get to really watch the new episodes, but the few I have seen I didn't think were bad! I love The Simpsons, any episode I have ever seen I have found hilarious (except the clip shows and some of the Horrors shows weren't great).

"If dreams are like movies then memories are films about ghosts"

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I've been watching off and on - I'd say I've watched about 20 episodes so far. I'm one of those dyed-in-the-wool "Simpsons" fans. I've never stopped watching.