Coronavirus

Tools    

I also wonder about (in terms of who's working)... plumbers or any contractor that might need to make a house call - imagine your water pipes springing a leak right now or having your toilet stop working?

(About a week and a half ago our oven broke and a PSE&G repairman had to come out to fix it. All it needed was a new "ignition switch".)

Auto mechanics - for many people their cars are essential or emergency vehicles - they need to be kept running.
Are private car service stations and car dealership service departments open?

Most Dentists have closed up shop - but what if you have an emergency? (M.D.'s, urgent care and hospitals don't do dentistry.)

Are visiting nurses or home physical therapists / home health aids, etc. still making their rounds?

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I also wonder about (in terms of who's working)...

Auto mechanics - for many people their cars are essential or emergency vehicles - they need to be kept running.
Are private car service stations and car dealership service departments open?

Hubby is a mechanic, and he's still working. They're on the "essential businesses" list in NY.

Funny how in new york all the cars seem still when you see them in any tv show in NY or Movie where the city is destroyed

Yeah, we hired someone to replace some doors here awhile ago, and the process dragged on in a few places so we went in to finalize it a week and a half ago. In theory they should be calling us before too long, so we'll be trying to schedule it during all this. Just one guy, probably, but still, it'll be happening in a very different situation than we were in when we started it.

Re: cars. I know in some places they're considered essential. From what I've seen the definition has a lot of latitude. I think the issue is more that if there's NO force behind the recommendations, however important or however strongly they're suggested, some people will just ignore them. So even if the actual qualifying businesses are pretty wide, just having it formalized probably goes a long way for compliance and curbing behavior.

As far as testing negative and then feeling like I am safe - not at all. If anything since I got tested we have been more stringent on our health practices. I was my hands more in one day than I used to in a week. After bathroom usage, before eating or cooking was the usual, now it is just normal to wash them after doing anything.

I think the next couple of days is going to be pivotal when it comes to statistics on all of this.

It depends if pardon the expression the beach party fools stay home. Country rooted people like me are home bodied people anyways. Prob why WV only has 20 cases and zero deaths knock on wood so far and all those infected was coming home out of state.

The Adventure Starts Here!
I think the next couple of days is going to be pivotal when it comes to statistics on all of this.
Pretty sure it'll be more like weeks or months. Stats are coming in in batches as tests get to people and then come back. It's a very uneven process and will likely stay that way for a long time. I know of at least two people whose doctors told them they were presumed COVID positive despite not being tested (no tests available when they got sick recently). So, the stats aren't accurate and will just continue coming in weirdly timed waves, I expect...

...for much longer than just a few days.

Washington state is shutting down and the big goof is talking about firing up the economy next week. That's leadership. Prepare yourselves America, our numbers are about to go up probably quite significantly this week. Hopefully there will be enough data to determine if we've bent this curve or whatever. If we haven't then the national lockdown will probably come next Monday. Goodtimes. My industry has been deemed essential tho so I am kind of honored to continue growing the marijuana for all that need it or want it.

Scotland went into effective locked down from yesterday and the rest of the UK into effective lockdown overnight.

All non-essential shops are closed (which leaves only things like pharmacys and supermarkets etc left open), no gatherings of more than 2 people unless from the same household, only leave the house once a day for exercise (alone or with those from your household only) or shopping for essentials only, no social gatherings, weddings etc, only funerals can go ahead - but only immediate family, or for medical need or to assist vulnerable persons, or to and from work for essential workers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-52007540

It's official then.

The UK is under lockdown because dumbasses couldn't be selfless.

Any shop/store that doesn't sell essentials, is shut.
So, DVD stores, bookstores, clothing shops etc, all closed.

Only supermarkets and cornershops and pharmacies, are to stay open.

Public gatherings of all kinds, banned.
Means no weddings, no concerts, none of those bicycle morons having gatherings.
Council owned parks are shut.
Playparks are shut.

Public parks are open for people to go and get exercise if they need it... but Police have been given powers to arrest on the spot anyone and everyone who are in crowds of 3+ people.
1, or 2 people, is fine.
3+ in a group, is an immediate arrest and possibly jail.

The order is... stay at home unless you need bread and milk, or face being given a fine and possible jail.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I also wonder about (in terms of who's working)... plumbers or any contractor
Does any h0t Asian m0m need plumbing? I'm on it.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Pretty sure it'll be more like weeks or months. Stats are coming in in batches as tests get to people and then come back. It's a very uneven process and will likely stay that way for a long time. I know of at least two people whose doctors told them they were presumed COVID positive despite not being tested (no tests available when they got sick recently). So, the stats aren't accurate and will just continue coming in weirdly timed waves, I expect...

...for much longer than just a few days.
I got told yesterday by my doctor (via phone as he's in self isolation as well after dealing with some Covid-19 positive patients) that he could order a test for me but with a reported backlog of 40,000 already waiting to take tests over here and current capacity well below a tenth of that per day (they are trying to increase it) it probably wouldn't be worthwhile as I'd either be really sick by the time they got to me for testing or the virus would have passed (if, indeed, I do have it).

Availability and capacity for testing are going to be huge factors (alongside people not being eejits and taking it seriously) that will determine how this outbreak plays out in terms of duration.

According to my doctor his experience has been that it progresses in severity quite quickly if you are going to get really ill. That's all I needed to hear to ease my mind tbh as I'm no worse now than I was on day 1. I may still have it but chances are I have a normal bug that may just need anti-bacs if still attacking me by this time next week.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
It's official then.

The UK is under lockdown because dumbasses couldn't be selfless.

Any shop/store that doesn't sell essentials, is shut.
So, DVD stores, bookstores, clothing shops etc, all closed.

Only supermarkets and cornershops and pharmacies, are to stay open.

Public gatherings of all kinds, banned.
Means no weddings, no concerts, none of those bicycle morons having gatherings.
Council owned parks are shut.
Playparks are shut.

Public parks are open for people to go and get exercise if they need it... but Police have been given powers to arrest on the spot anyone and everyone who are in crowds of 3+ people.
1, or 2 people, is fine.
3+ in a group, is an immediate arrest and possibly jail.

The order is... stay at home unless you need bread and milk, or face being given a fine and possible jail.
I manage a chip shop and boss wants us to stay open for now, Government guidelines on takeaways still say we can stay open.

I manage a chip shop and boss wants us to stay open for now, Government guidelines on takeaways still say we can stay open.

In times of crisis, people will need the essentials.

Bog roll.
Bread.
Milk.

The Chippie.

All the talk of "Social Distancing" got me thinking of George Carlin.
Dude was waaay ahead of his time.

Social Distancing... it's a Curfew.

(Contains a little swearing)

We are going to go under a nationwide lockdown till 14th April. Doctors, cops and authorities are really doing their best.

The only issues are idiots. And more often than not it's the rich, educated ones. They just do not understand the basics or simply do not care to follow a simple basic rule of staying inside their homes.

Re: Carlin clip. Yeah, no worries on language, I'm more "clicker beware" these days for embedded stuff where someone chooses to watch it. Also, I just posted a clip from that exact same special the other day (the bit about germs and the immune system, naturally).

Glad to hear that, Ned.

Hang in there, Wrinkled.

Just tried one McDonald's and only the drive-through can be used, which I can't use. Went across the street to Target to get my coffee shots, which they are out of, and their café is closed. It won't take much for me to resort to cannibalism.