Coronavirus

Tools    

Forgot to mention that I saw the funniest thing today. A cosmopolitan food store I occasionally visit had notices plastered everywhere exhorting customers “not to speak unless necessary”. WTH! Funny thing is, the owner, who mans the register, literally does not stop talking for a second & today was no different.

Running off for an hour to give out sandwiches at church. This is something new for me. I will do it every Wednesday afternoon & one other afternoon of the rectory’s choosing.

This will get my mind off myself & my worries.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Good idea, Minio. Feel better soon.

It sounds like fever is the key component, without that you can (apparently, always double-check what I say if you can!) be fairly confident you have something else/something normal.
Apparently, only about 90% of the cases. I measure my temperature every day, though. It's important not to panic, but also to behave responsibly, hence my one month at home resolution.

I strongly encourage everybody who has the opportunity to stay home. This is the best thing you can do. Precaution is our best bet in the fight. Please remember you can have the Corona without any symptoms in which case you might unknowingly infect other people.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
Forgot to mention that I saw the funniest thing today. A cosmopolitan food store I occasionally visit had notices plastered everywhere exhorting customers “not to speak unless necessary”. WTH! Funny thing is, the owner, who mans the register, literally does not stop talking for a second & today was no different.

I guess the owner finds it necessary to babble.

Also, just in general, I would strongly discourage people from using this thread to pontificate about the world, or which ways they think society is broken, or speculate about conspiracies or what have you. That doesn't add anything or help anyone.

Let's keep this for mental health and the distribution of useful information as much as possible.
Darn! I was just about to post a pontification about a popular conspiracy theory regarding who is breaking society and speculate about what have you. I thought it might be helpful to everyone.

I just got back from ShopRite - it was actually better crowdwise than it was last Thursday (maybe that's just because the store's been picked over and all paper products are gone, chicken was gone & ground beef was scarce).

As I'm walking through, I walked by a guy just standing by some pallets of some products, I just smiled as I do to most other customers, as I passed him he coughed loudly multiple times directly toward my face when I was closest to him - about 2 feet away. He made no attempt to cover his mouth! Perhaps I'm just more aware right now - but I don't remember EVER having someone cough right in my face in the store - and of course it would happen NOW! The guy seemed oblivious - didn't apologize or even seem to realize he'd done anything. In normal times, people would not do that - but now, of all times???

This could be a disaster for animals if people think they are spreading the virus. (They are not.) You would have vigilante groups hunting & killing pets that are outside.

Whole Foods today had many many stripped shelves. I definitely misread how much people would buy the granola & granola bars that I buy because there were none left.
I Am Not By Any means suggesting animals be blamed are harmed. Im Just saying The USA had ample time to help cure or help people by time this started over here.

No our leaders decided to do something when it got here. I mean in movie logic for an example when Space Aliens Knock on your front door it then is too late to then decide to assemble your fighter planes and soldiers.

Point is this is air born i am assuming but obviously not a Global killer. A Global killer is what you see in the movies when people just drop dead by a cloud or something.

You Cant not breath air. People can keep their distance on there own without closing everything. You just explain to people wash your hands clean your homes in key areas and just for now recommend so many people be in places.

You dont gotta cost people jobs or start a panic like has been done here. We are 3 bills in congress away from being like china and beating citizens in the street. Today Our Senator Of Our State said many could be infected we only tested 130 people so far. Funny you dont get people coming in with bad illnesses with Flu Symptoms on a world wide known illness.

I figure people not sick means a Test is not only ways to tell. Our Senator just added I think more fear by saying how bad it could be.

I Have said I think its worse with people knowing and all these rules, We are under an Inhanced Flu. People have been given no hope that if healthy you are fine. Staying in your homes is a fine suggestion but dont mean you cant get it if your going to when all of the world has it now.

Its clear to me if your healthy you will be fine. And if get it you have a better chance to live then die. Caging Up Families is not gonna solve every problem. All Virus have a cycle because the Black Plaque ended when people got cleaner and got rid of rats. All Flus and so on can be beaten.

But people unhealthy need more attention with care. I have been in hospitals when a person has to wait 30 minutes to get a nurse to answer a bell call.

You ready? You look ready.
I didn't think it was possible for my work load to get busier, but it totally did today.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Well, yes, if you're young and healthy you'll probably be fine, but you're skipping right over the important part: the part where a young and healthy person transmits it to someone who isn't those things. That's the whole idea here.

Regardless, can we ease up on the stream-of-consciousness stuff a bit? Every paragraph seems like a completely new idea and I'm not even sure what most if it's meant to be responding to.

Prepare to see COVID-19 cases rising. That doesn't mean social distancing has failed:

So the cases being counted now were infected in the first few days of March.

And because it takes about 16 days for an infected person to get critically ill, experts predict Canadians can expect to see severe cases ending up in Canada's intensive care units in the next few days.

I just got back from ShopRite...As I'm walking through, I walked by a guy just standing by some pallets of some products, I just smiled as I do to most other customers, as I passed him he coughed loudly multiple times directly toward my face when I was closest to him - about 2 feet away. He made no attempt to cover his mouth! Perhaps I'm just more aware right now - but I don't remember EVER having someone cough right in my face in the store - and of course it would happen NOW! The guy seemed oblivious - didn't apologize or even seem to realize he'd done anything. In normal times, people would not do that - but now, of all times???
That sucks that someone coughed right on you. These days I listen for coughing in the grocery store and if it's on an isle I'm on, I hold my breath and go the other way. I've actually done that for years.

A few days ago I went to the grocery story, walked around the corner and a little kid standing with his mom, turns and coughs right at me, I'm talking like 2 feet! And you know how little kids cough like a virus had programmed their little brains to open their little mouths as wide as possible and literally spit the cough out. Luckily, I've wore a face mask and gloves to the store that last two times I went.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
A few days ago I went to the grocery story, walked around the corner and a little kid standing with his mom, turns and coughs right at me, I'm talking like 2 feet! And you know how little kids cough like a virus had programmed their little brains to open their little mouths as wide as possible and literally spit the cough out. Luckily, I've wore a face mask and gloves to the store that last two times I went.
lol. I love that description.
but sorry for the kid coughing on/at you.
=\

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

I guess the owner finds it necessary to babble.
Babble or Babel?

I didn't think it was possible for my work load to get busier, but it totally did today.
What’s that old adage? If you want something done, give it to the busiest person in the office? I’ve found this to be true.

Regardless, can we ease up on the stream-of-consciousness stuff a bit?
You’re no fun.

You ready? You look ready.
What’s that old adage? If you want something done, give it to the busiest person in the office? I’ve found this to be true.
The crazy part is I haven't even seen the worst of it yet. Once instruction starts back up it will be online and the support demands are going to be unheard of for us. I'm going to be supporting students in several different time zones. I am gunna have to schedule calls like a SOB stock trader. Good thing I worked at an Apple call bank: I can handle it. My phone diagnostic skills are on point.

Brief stop at the grocery store this evening. Definitely some cleared out areas, which was a little surreal. The entire Ben & Jerry's wall had, like, three pints left out of what's normally hundreds. But there's still a lot of food, just not a lot of very specific types of food. Obviously tons of produce since not as many people are buying it, since it doesn't last. But I don't think people need to worry about not actually having enough food, there's a ton of it once you get beyond the most popular items.

I'm doing a drive-by pick-up tomorrow afternoon, we'll see how that goes, but I'll be sure to mention it here.

I Did some checking on The Swine Flu In 2009 and 12,000 people in the USA and all 12,000 infected died from it. Over 61 Million people world wide was infected that time and 575,000 people died world wide. This Virus is not done ofcourse but 116 deaths yes thats bad and 1,700 plus cases in the USA. Total or this virus 8,000 plus have died with near 200,000 people being infected. What No Gov is doing is giving you positives .

Its only handing out bad news and thats it. 200,000 People infected but only 8,000 plus so far had died and most deaths was in China.
This tells me people do have resistence to this virus. But People can get regular Flu's allot tend to have bad immune systems. I think governments got paniced by the news and all these people saying the end has come.

Telling people to stay home is fine but I dont think its needed to declare a curefew or close down buisnesses. People need to live lives and. I think making all these rules and not allowing people out just creates more stress. Stress kills allot of people. I am not seeing any positive hope. What we see is people mauling each other for last bit for bread and toilet paper.
By Average 56 Million People die of something each year and 50 some million people are born. Being that most cases are adults means lots of kids doing well. I just have a good feeling and that yes its bad peopled died. But Lots of people die from cancer and heart and kidney disease world wide each year.
Im just saying I think Gov and people are too scared. because a few famous people have it. Maybe difference is with swine flu no one famous got it.