Coronavirus

Tools    

Over 7,300 cases now in the U.S. It's becoming very depressing seeing these numbers rise.
I hear you. But it really is expected, and for the most part this is just us getting a better understanding of things that had already happened, so take heart, and hang in there.

Our job is to minimize the spread for the next week and a half, then see where we are. A lot of smart and dedicated people are doing their best, so we have to do our best, too. The numbers will go up, that was never in doubt, but take some solace in the knowledge that they'll be lower than they would have been, and that even small differences have a big effect in something exponential like this.

A system of cells interlinked
Yeah I saw. I really wish the news would start talking about a vaccine. That would be encouraging.
I am pretty sure I saw some talk about trials already starting in Seattle when I watched the press conference and follow-up yesterday.

Lets See 7,2000 Cases and what 80 something deaths and you finally go to the last state to where all 50 has been reached. Lets just assume this whole extra Disease is meant to go to each Country and a few have to die. But Many more people live. This I am sure makes no human since but if the people who dont get infected and Survive this Bloody Spring when Summer 20 20 ends the virus by way of the hottest lets say May On Record. I may be crazy but I think the world is nearing the end of the well reach of this thing.

Lets See 7,2000 Cases and what 80 something deaths and you finally go to the last state to where all 50 has been reached. Lets just assume this whole extra Disease is meant to go to each Country and a few have to die. But Many more people live. This I am sure makes no human since but if the people who dont get infected and Survive this Bloody Spring when Summer 20 20 ends the virus by way of the hottest lets say May On Record. I may be crazy but I think the world is nearing the end of the well reach of this thing.
Ned, don't worry so much, you are much more at risk from traffic accidents than dying from the Coronavirus. I know it's scary but if you think about all the other risk in life, the Coronavirus isn't that much of a risk to you. But still follow the quarantine rules and be safe, but try to be positive, that's what I'm trying to do.

Stay strong as difficult news comes out. Scroll back in this thread a couple pages and see everyone expecting it. It's bad news, but it's not new bad news or unexpected bad news.

In other news..... I managed to rip a chunk of skin off the back of my hand this morn whilst sofa-dipping..... who said self-isolation has to be boring

Chances of me dying from covid-19: 0.00001%
Chances of me dying from sofa-dipping: 0.00003%

It's all about perspective.

Im Not thinking I will die but people get touchy when a person says there was a reason for an extra death flu in 2020. But really i think allot of why people get sick is weak lungs from what pollution. Garantee people lungs are weaker then 10 years ago. If maybe some lessons are learned if your asian maybe bats shouldnt be eaten or if your going to the store how about take one pack of 24 rolls of toilet paper so a poorer person can also have toilet paper. And Maybe if an actor maybe not take any rolls just any place that might have a used house or buildings.

I call people hoarding and fighting over toilet paper
I succumbed. We don’t need paper towels or toilet paper, but I saw some in Whole Foods & I bought it. Actually both use recycled paper so that’s cool.

Just got an e-mail from a bank saying we will only be able to use their drive-thru as the building will now be closed to customers "until further notice."
I haven’t been inside a bank in years, but I do need an ATM. IIRC, my bank has an ATM outside as well as inside.

I saw a sign to that extent at the Wendy's drive-thru today: safety reasons - they can't have pedestrians in line with cars.
This annoyed me this a.m. The DNKN on my block has now restricted itself to the drive-thru only, which effectively shuts me & most of my neighbors out since we don’t drive. Now I have a 13 minute walk in the opposite direction to get my coffee from a DNKN that does not have drive-thru.

if you're infected doctors go to your house to perform routine checks, only severe cases are sent to the hospitals.
No American doctor would come to one’s house even before this virus. Some doctors are refusing to see patients in the office now, but will do teleconferencing only.

Idris Elba has it now
And this guy from GOT.

Outside is the best place to be.
I agree; we need fresh air & I am determined to get it. Loads of people today running & walking on a lovely day.

But there's the possibility, or conspiracy whatever you wanna call it, that this virus was laboratory created.
Oof, of course you would think this.

I have a Question About Staying At Home deal. What About people who has pets that go outside and come back in. Cats in day can travel a good while then be back home and dogs in the country same. Does Animals not get this or cannot pass it on.

That's what I've been wondering, since I'm still walking my dog. I think in backyards, fine, and in relatively isolated rural area probably pretty safe, too. I'm definitely trying to get in and out, though, and I'm not really letting him sniff around much any more.

The pet thing is a really tricky edge case, I think. Originally it looked like animals could not carry it or show symptoms but apparently there was a dog in Hong Kong that did, so we don't have great information yet.

Also, just in general, I would strongly discourage people from using this thread to pontificate about the world, or which ways they think society is broken, or speculate about conspiracies or what have you. That doesn't add anything or help anyone.

Let's keep this for mental health and the distribution of useful information as much as possible.

Obviously that's anecdotal, but hey, I'll take the good news where I can get it. How well the stores restock this week and next feels like a big deal. Not just for the obvious reasons of availability, but also because if people see this working, they're less likely to panic and hoard.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Sore throat here. I think it's slightly stronger than before, but still not something I could call "painful". Today I'm not coughing at all (sneezed twice, though, and boy does it hurt then). No other symptoms. Hope it will go away soon. Planning not to leave for a month anyway just to be sure that in case it was Corona I'm no longer spreading it.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I have a Question About Staying At Home deal. What About people who has pets that go outside and come back in. Cats in day can travel a good while then be back home and dogs in the country same. Does Animals not get this or cannot pass it on.
This could be a disaster for animals if people think they are spreading the virus. (They are not.) You would have vigilante groups hunting & killing pets that are outside.

Obviously that's anecdotal, but hey, I'll take the good news where I can get it. How well the stores restock this week and next feels like a big deal. Not just for the obvious reasons of availability, but also because if people see this working, they're less likely to panic and hoard.
Whole Foods today had many many stripped shelves. I definitely misread how much people would buy the granola & granola bars that I buy because there were none left.

Good idea, Minio. Feel better soon.

It sounds like fever is the key component, without that you can (apparently, always double-check what I say if you can!) be fairly confident you have something else/something normal.

Wow, Italy has had 475 deaths in a single day. And an increase of 4,000 cases in a single day.

God help them.

Yeah, I imagine anything like protein bars or granola bars goes fast after the other stuff, keeps for a long time, simple, compact, lightweight, usually filling.

I've been eating Atkins diet bars for years and I'd just made a fairly big order right before this, so I've got a few dozen of those around. Can get buy on a few per person per day if you really have to, so it's a nice thing to have around.