ITT we liveboard the 2016 debates

Tools    

Yeah, it's painful watching him try to BS his way through policy talk. He clearly knows nothing about any of this stuff. Didn't know what the nuclear triad was, didn't know which visas they were talking about, doesn't understand that judges do not sign bills, doesn't understand how Common Core is constructed, and so on.

The personal/cultural stuff alone is disqualifying, but even if you ignored all of it, he's just ridiculously overmatched. And I don't mean in a can-you-name-the-President-of-Kurdistan kind of way. I mean on almost every single topic he's asked about.
It seems his plan is to just let "the best people" figure stuff out for him and fill him in on the areas he doesn't know (with those areas apparently being pretty vast).

But then again, isn't that what a President does?

I've always been astounded by the fact that a person who has not spent a single moment in military service can become Commander In Chief of the military.

I'm not supporting Trump (at this point I'm leaning toward Cruz), but if he, or anyone else, really employs the "best people", listens to them, and allows the highest ranking military officers to be advisers in the arena of military affairs, then he'll be doing far more than Obama (who seems to ignore many of his military advisers, gets rid of those who actually have plans that end in victory for the U.S., and only listens to those who share a left-leaning liberal & racially / religiously biased opinion).

I'd be more assuaged by his promises of hiring "the best people" if he'd actually started with his campaign. But they've been bungling even the simplest issues of messaging and consistency, down to typos in press releases. If he hasn't hired the best people to help him win the nomination, I don't have much confidence he'd start after taking office.

Plus a good leader in any area has a level of knowledge and leans on advisors, right? I am going to pull a Trump here, he doesn't seem to know a damn thing.

I'm not supporting Trump (at this point I'm leaning toward Cruz), but if he, or anyone else, really employs the "best people", listens to them, and allows the highest ranking military officers to be advisers in the arena of military affairs, then he'll be doing far more than Obama (who seems to ignore many of his military advisers, gets rid of those who actually have plans that end in victory for the U.S., and only listens to those who share a left-leaning liberal & racially / religiously biased opinion).

That's all baloney. Military advisors, even in the Pentagon, are not monolith. It was even reflected in the skewed Hugh Hewitt question at the Miami debate. "If 55% of the military brass advise.." 55%? A little more than half? A President makes an important decision like that by asking for a raise of hands? During the Cuban Missile Crisis the overwhelming opinion Kennedy got from those guys was to immediately bomb Cuba. Kennedy didn't do it.

Rubio can now hang out at the beach with Jeb. But Kasich is still in it, winning Ohio. Now he has to win some states where he isn't the governor. And Cruz has to win some blue and purple states. The longer it's a three way race, the better it is for Trump, especially if neither Cruz or Kasich can overcome him in the delegate rich states.

That's all baloney. Military advisors, even in the Pentagon, are not monolith. It was even reflected in the skewed Hugh Hewitt question at the Miami debate. "If 55% of the military brass advise.." 55%? A little more than half? A President makes an important decision like that by asking for a raise of hands? During the Cuban Missile Crisis the overwhelming opinion Kennedy got from those guys was to immediately bomb Cuba. Kennedy didn't do it.
Kennedy had both military and political experience. (He was a highly decorated war hero and had commanded multiple boats during WWII.)
A good example of why only someone with military experience should be put in charge of the military.

I propose a 1-year mandatory military service for all able-bodied citizens after high school - that would help solve the problem of anyone being able to grow up to be President and still having at least a rudimentary knowledge of the military before they step into the role of Commander In Chief.

Who do you think are your five best presidents Cap?

Just curious: i'm not American so take my opinion for whatever but i'd go:

1.Lincoln
2.FDR
3.TR
4.Washington
5.Truman

Who do you think are your five best presidents Cap?

Just curious: i'm not American so take my opinion for whatever but i'd go:

1.Lincoln
2.FDR
3.TR
4.Washington
5.Truman
MY best Presidents or THE best Presidents?

You're not American? That explains some things!
(Where you from?)

I haven't really studied much Presidential history, so I'm not sure about best Presidents. I will say that the most unsung & un-celebrated founding father was our 2nd President John Adams. The man has no statues or monuments in Washington D.C., he's not on any money, yet he practically started the whole thing!

Truman fired MacArthur and the Korean War went better without him.

Master of My Domain
Most underrated President: James Buchanan
Nah, it's Warren G. Harding. He technically never caused a huge problem.

To give the question a straight answer, my pick for most underrated would be Chester Alan Arthur.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/19653...ee-first-names

I'd be more assuaged by his promises of hiring "the best people" if he'd actually started with his campaign. But they've been bungling even the simplest issues of messaging and consistency, down to typos in press releases. If he hasn't hired the best people to help him win the nomination, I don't have much confidence he'd start after taking office.
Maybe he will after he's elected because he won't have to pay them. His campaign has been mostly out of his pocket and on the cheap.

If it were just about money, perhaps, but he shows no interest in even the broadest aspect of policy. When question, he doesn't even seem to know much about the immigration plan he's endorsed on his site (he endorses the Sessions plan, but blatantly flipped on one of its core visa provisions). He's not going to magically start caring about this stuff if he wins, and no amount of delegation can compensate for such rampant disinterest at the top.

What?????

Trump says he won't attend Utah debate next week. Probably smart move. Why give the other two a shot at taking him down when he's on a roll? Is there any point to future debates if he's not in it?

Some political levity: Magic Resolution

I was going to take the internet to task for another round of making fun of magicians...but god damn the resolution language makes me laugh.

Whereas magic is timeless in appeal and requires only the capacity to dream;

great presidents are those who have fought wars successfully . now it will be easy for MOFOs to name them