DVD and Blu-ray regions. How to watch legally worldwide?

Tools    

So I understand it only legal to watch DVD's or Blu-ray's if they are in the correct region.
What if a Blu-ray disc plays in ALL REGIONS, but on the back cover it says "not authorized for sell or use outside Canada and USA", then it is illegal to play it in Europe, even if it plays on European region players? So is it accidently region free, as in not really meant to be playable in all regions?

Also why does Amazon sell these Blu-ray's worldwide, if it says "only for USA and Canada"? Amazon shouldn't do anything illegal, so.. I'm a little confused here.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I'm sure someone can jump in and work out the details, but I've always kinda viewed that as the old joke about the "do not remove under penalty of law" tags on pillows and mattresses. Huh. I didn't realize there are two Ts in mattresses. GAH even then I misspelled it! Anyway. More for the manufacturer/distributor than the consumer type of deal.

I'm not sure why Amazon sells it worldwide or what the technical jargon may be to clear them on that, but I think the legal issue is selling it, not watching it. Maybe something to do with customs and trade regulations. I sure don't know. It's probably more in the attitude of buying a box of Snickers from a Sam's Club or whatever the other one is that we don't have around here. You're not supposed to sell those individually, but that's all you see at the local high school football games. Well, I'm sure you see more than Snickers bars. I mean, there's the players, the audience, the marching bands, etc., but you get my meaning.

Sorry. I don't have an answer for you. I'm mostly just kinda bored at work at the moment. Free bump at least?

=)

*edit. Region free players might sort it all out. I don't have one though so can't really speak to it. Either. ugh. lol.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
As someone born and raised in the United States, I've imported several Blu-rays from the UK, and let's just say I haven't had Interpol knocking down my door. Suffice it to say, I don't think importing is actually going to cause any issues.

It might be a regional thing. Different laws may apply outside different countries. As a resident of the United States I have a wide range of different region films. I have a region free Blu-Ray player and VCR and don't have any issues getting other films from NTSC, PAL, SECAM for VHS or 1-8 for DVD or A-C for Blu-Ray...
Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

yh to kamal ho gya h jnab

yh to kamal ho gya h jnab
Darn it, I was just about to say this myself

So I understand it only legal to watch DVD's or Blu-ray's if they are in the correct region.
Untrue.

Also why does Amazon sell these Blu-ray's worldwide, if it says "only for USA and Canada"? Amazon shouldn't do anything illegal, so.. I'm a little confused here.
I think what Amazon is saying is that the dvd will not play outside Region 1, which includes Canada & USA. The best thing is to buy a multi-region DVD player (they are inexpensive) & watch DVDs from all regions. That’s what I do.