Best films about loneliness?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Whether it's general, or institutionalized, films about loneliness are usually pretty great.

Birdman of Alcatraz
Taxi Driver
Wild Strawberries

I'll think of more later

Taxi Driver
Paris, Texas
Midnight Cowboy
Leaving Las Vegas
The Machinist

Taxi Driver
Paris, Texas
Midnight Cowboy
Leaving Las Vegas
The Machinist
Does Paris, Texas start out in an open field with no one in sight? I remember over someone else's house, and I think it was that film, but it was only after 5 minutes someone changed the channel. Harry Dean Stanton?

Does Paris, Texas start out in an open field with no one in sight? I remember over someone else's house, and I think it was that film, but it was only after 5 minutes someone changed the channel. Harry Dean Stanton?
Well, it begins overseeing the desert landscape and then zooms in on a man in a red cap with a water jug in hand (Harry Dean Stanton, yes).

It's one of my favorite movies, the very definition of nothingness yet it's so beautiful and rich and moving. Definitely watch when you can.

Finished here. It's been fun.
King of Comedy
The Man who Sleeps
White Nights
Le Samourai
Naked
Taxi Driver (duh)
I Stand Alone
Chungking Express
In the mood for Love
Fallen Angels
Lost in Translation
Broken Flowers
Ghost Dog:Way of the Samurai
The Conversation
Red
Synecdoche N.Y
Punch-Drunk Love
The Master
Moon
American Beauty
Five Easy Pieces
Midnight Cowboy

Even more off the top of my head:

Winter Light
Wild Strawberries
Persona
Summer Interlude * Basically any Bergman films lol

Barry Lyndon
Streetcar Named Desire
In a lonely place
Casablanca
Bitter Tears of Petra Von Kant
interview with the Vampire
La Grande Illusion
The Graduate
Nostalghia
The Sacrifice
Le Notte
L'Avventura
Shutter Island
Gummo
Once upon a time in America
Biutiful
21 Grams
Carrie
Ikiru
La Strada
Melancholia
The Great Beauty
The Conformist
Eraserhead
Twin Peaks;FWWM
Requiem for a Dream
The Wrestler
Drive
Under the Skin
Repulsion

I would have put La Strada, but felt that even though the two were unlikely, they were still kinda together... Ikiru is a great example.
Yeah I guess you can look at it that way. I just saw it as two lonely misfits who needed each other to live. Although naive Zampano didn't come to this realization until the very end.

I totally agree, Lucas. I saw a lot of things, which is maybe why I didn't put that down. For example, a woman being exploited, but still caring and even loving this brutal man. Understanding people and their motivations. Love, or the lack of love. A lot about life (The Fool), and purpose.

That guy with the Alien avatar.
I don't seem to like sci-fi, would I still like it?
I don't know you well enough to say yes or no. However, I will say that it leans more towards horror than sci-fi, heavily moreover. If you like claustrophobic, psychological body and primal horror, not to mention ingenuity, isolation, claustrophobia, Lovecraftian horror, eldritch abominations and plot twists, you'll like Alien.

I've never watched Alien, but I've seen being a favorite of a few... I don't seem to like sci-fi, would I still like it?
Oh god yes. Alien is a masterpiece and it completely transcends its' genre. It's more akin to an art-house film than just a mere sci-fi. It's an excellent,excellent film.

I don't like horror much, but if I see it at the library, I'll get it, as well as all the other films I haven't seen listed earlier. I love great writing.. I always use the Top 10 to demonstrate my taste, or for recommendations for others (or wider lists)