The Movie Forums Top 100 Horror Movies

→ in
Tools    

As we head into the Last Week of sending in votes, how would you all say the 3 and a half month prep time went by?

Slow? Fast?

Pretty sure this was on the lower end of prep time compared to some of the decade lists.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I haven't been online for a while due to a death in the family, but I just wanted to let you know that I've been (trying) to watch movies for this list, and I'm still planning to send in a (respectable) list.

I haven't been online for a while due to a death in the family, but I just wanted to let you know that I've been (trying) to watch movies for this list, and I'm still planning to send in a (respectable) list.

Damn, man. Really sorry to hear that.

Don't worry about it dude. Hope all is well.

Since I gather this exchange is not clear- Can be excellent, within the genre's guidelines, that voters take a wide open approach. Completely unique lists can add charisma and surprising results.

I see the contrast in approach as a bonus, of "These are the 25 BEST movies" vs. "These are the 25 I get most ENJOYMENT out of."
I'm not sure I understand you correctly, but I'm certainly fine with people making list based on favorites (those they get most enjoyment out of) and best (those they consider the best in the genre)... That's just two different ways of making lists. I'm fine with that.

It's more the "this is lower on my list so I'll bump it up way high even though I don't necessarily find it to be the best or the one I enjoy the most, I just want to see it on the list".

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I'm getting to the point where the more I look at my list and try to order it, the more I can't really remember how much I like any of these movies. I'm going to sleep on it (and hope I don't have nightmares...)

About to check @Swan 's list *gets EXCITED* Wanted to say @Filmmaker Swan but then the tag wouldn't've worked. Aaaand apparently Filmmaker was once an actual member

I'm getting to the point where the more I look at my list and try to order it, the more I can't really remember how much I like any of these movies. I'm going to sleep on it (and hope I don't have nightmares...)
It's one of those funny things, sometimes things that are special to people have to be experienced rather explained/spelled out. Wonder if that's why @cat_sidhe didn't write about her viewings for the longest time

And I hereby give Nostromo permission to nag the living daylights out of people via PM. Just in case it wasn't obvious that that is both okay and even encouraged in the home stretch for any list, with anyone who's expressed interest or participated in past lists or is, ya' know, online at all.

About to check @Swan 's list *gets EXCITED* Wanted to say @Filmmaker Swan but then the tag wouldn't've worked. Aaaand apparently Filmmaker was once an actual member

It's one of those funny things, sometimes things that are special to people have to be experienced rather explained/spelled out. Wonder if that's why @cat_sidhe didn't write about her viewings for the longest time
Yep. It's the ordering that's the real bitch.

This will be off-the-cuff at this point, though if anyone is watching last-minute giallo films I strongly believe watching in the original Italian with whatever subtitles you prefer works quite well. Which is a thing, bc, ya know, dubbing. Also, GIALLO FLICKS ARE SUPER COOL ya @cat_sidhe

Anyone remember who hosted the 1990s countdown years back? Will help finding the thread.

This will be off-the-cuff at this point, though if anyone is watching last-minute giallo films I strongly believe watching in the original Italian with whatever subtitles you prefer works quite well. Which is a thing, bc, ya know, dubbing. Also, GIALLO FLICKS ARE SUPER COOL ya @cat_sidhe
As far as I know "original Italian" in case of gialli (I suppose many other Italian films too) is often as much a dub as the English version. Many of them have American actors who recorded their own English dialogue and also used English when filming too. I've watched them with both audios and no matter what someone always looks odd or has a bad dub

As far as I know "original Italian" in case of gialli (I suppose many other Italian films too) is often as much a dub as the English version. Many of them have American actors who recorded their own English dialogue and also used English when filming too. I've watched them with both audios and no matter what someone always looks odd or has a bad dub
That's reasonable enough, for myself I can recall thinking some giallo films were terrible listening to them in English first.