Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

100 Yards (Ross Campbell and Dale Fabrigar): A story of redemption and recovery for an American football player in the Philippines who nearly loses everything when his mother disappears, his girlfriend accuses him of hitting her, and he has been diagnosed with brain cancer. There is a great subplot involving a shady journalist who finds his moral compass hitting him hard when he is assigned to do a piece on the football player and the ex-girlfriend leaks out info about the abuse. The highlight is the football player and the young boy who is a fan of his, who introduces him to a board game called "100 Yards of Life", which becomes an inspiration for our protagonist. A great inspiring film, and I'm usually not one into faith-based films, but this one was really good.

Gimmicky as it may be I still like watching movies in 3D and Warner did a very good job converting the Wizard. It was all depth, no pop out stuff, and it really looked good. One of my favorite movies of all time.

2-2.5 ish. I've been a fan of Linnea since Return of the Living Dead so through the years I've slogged through a lot of her movies. This took awhile to get going but once it does it really doesn't get any better. As bad as it is there were a couple of things that made it watchable: bad fx (close up: head is about to explode, cut to: reaction shot of horrified friend, cut to: obvious dummy head exploding) and Linnea being Linnea and doing her best to elevate the material. You get a little of this and that which accounts for the 2 stars.

Apostle 2018

Oh man was that a compelling yarn I was not at all expecting.. with a soundtrack reminiscent of The Witch and There Will Be Blood and something constantly happening and evolving in it's 2 hour run time, I wasn't bored at any time, love this movie quite simply if you couldn't tell, bold, brutal and old fashioned story telling that perhaps not at every turn perfect but without taking so many risks it wouldn't have been nearly so all around entertaining. A great effort by Gareth Evans, a film maker I am now excited to see what he will do next.

Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

For some reason I’ve always shunned sci-fi movies, but I think I’m gonna stop doing this. Second movie from the director of Ex Machina & it’s really good. Excellent cast, but Natalie Portman carried the movie.

Re-watch of his excellent movie. A good example of an actor being her rôle rather than acting her rôle.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Is it better than resurrection? I remember it being so... But at least resurrection is fun.
I'll rewatch Resurrection soon so I'll be back on this subject. According to my memory Resurrection as a whole is better but the final confrontation with the alien is kinda bad. But we'll see, maybe even today
I’m still waiting...nah lol.

I rewatched resurrection lately. I won’t say too much but I liked it a lot more when I was 15/16.

I rewatched resurrection lately. I won’t say too much but I liked it a lot more when I was 15/16.
I watched Resurrection already. I just usually post on this thread after I've finished the review but why not...

Alien: Resurrection (1997)

More European and more comedic than previous films. I like it's odd characters and the resurrected clone Ripley is nice (Newt clone would have been nicer though).

So yeah, I liked it more than Alien 3.

I watched Resurrection already. I just usually post on this thread after I've finished the review but why not...

Alien: Resurrection (1997)

More European and more comedic than previous films. I like it's odd characters and the resurrected clone Ripley is nice (Newt clone would have been nicer though).

So yeah, I liked it more than Alien 3.
Good to know. I haven’t revisited 3 since I watched all of them in my teens so going on 15 years or so.

Welcome to the human race...
That's true. However, I do think it creates a difficult expectation of what an Alien movie "should be" and so I don't automatically think that the series trying to chase the action-y fun of Aliens would've been a better direction. Whatever flaws the post-Aliens films may have, at least they keep it weird instead of sanding off the edges and giving us the Alien equivalent of Terminator Genisys.

Last movie watched...

Benny's Video -

this Haneke guy does not seem to think very highly of contemporary society and the place of the familial unit within it

That's true. However, I do think it creates a difficult expectation of what an Alien movie "should be" and so I don't automatically think that the series trying to chase the action-y fun of Aliens would've been a better direction. Whatever flaws the post-Aliens films may have, at least they keep it weird instead of sanding off the edges and giving us the Alien equivalent of Terminator Genisys.

Last movie watched...

Benny's Video -

this Haneke guy does not seem to think very highly of contemporary society and the place of the familial unit within it
Ok...I said none of that. You’ve gone on a tangent. I was just having a little fun with seeing is believing. I also think 3 is better than 4 but it’s been years. Was just a light casual comment.