2004 MoFo Awards Winners!

Tools    

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing

The polls closed last night and while some races were close, there is no need for a recount! whew! Before I post the results, I'd like to say that only 20 awards barely scratches the surface of the posting talent here.

I asked Yoda for a few stats to illustrate just how much the site has grown, and how much competition there actually was for the awards. Here are some numbers I find very enlightening:

Originally Posted by Yoda
General
Site Founded: July 14th, 2000.
Reason: I liked movies, and the domain name. I ended up choosing movieforums.com over movieboards.com, which was also available.

Traffic
Visitors last month: 65,000
Visitors over the last year: about 800,000
Average visitors per day: over 2,000 (over 3,000 in the summer).

Users
New signups last month; 260
New signups so far this year: just under 3,000
Averages roughly 10 new users per day as of late.
Users with over 1,000 posts: 48.
We initially came up with 35 awards, but had to narrow it down, due to time constraints. There were over 135 posters eligible for awards, and more than 75 posters were nominated for the awards we had. Those numbers speak well of the level of posting here at MoFo. I think we're all to be commended!

That said, here are the winners!

Who is the most well-rounded poster?
"Taking it by a slim lead is the man brandishing the equally loved Agent Smith avatar, a Mr. Sedai. Sedai has been around for very close to a year and though I was inactive for the majority of his childhood on MoFo, he has quickly become one of my favorite reads. Whether it be about movies, music, society, or nothingness, we can all see the Renissance Man that is Sedai. Highfive!" -- OG-

Winner: Sedai
Other Nominees: Yoda, Pidzilla, Holden Pike, Kong

- Most Well-Rounded Poster (Jack-of-all-Trades)

Who is the best at creating most interesting threads?
"Another set of fairly spread out results, but r3port3r66 manages to steal it (and rightfully so says this commentator). Anyone can come up with a topic to nudge on some conversation, but this fellah always manages to come up with one that not only churns out the page count, but is always a head scratcher. Not to mention he has Dead Alive as his avatar, which for my vote means he wins automatically. " --OG-

Winner: r3port3r66
Other Nominees: jrs, The Silver Bullet, 7thson, Yoda

- Best at Creating Interesting Threads

Who's In The Know, Film-wise?
"Probably the closest call yet (). Holden Pike barely managed to sneak away with the win. I'm not too sure how he managed to rob the win, maybe it has something to do with him being the physical manifestation of the IMDb." --OG-

Winner: Holden Pike
Other Nominees: jrs, Beale the Rippe, Kong, The Silver Bullet

- Most Knowledgeable Regarding Film

Who gives the best movie recommendations?
"The votes were fairly scattered among the nominees, but again Holden took it and a tub of popcorn at the same time (I suspect he eats alot, but that is just a hunch). I guess I can admit he does know alot about movies and every once and a while he succesfully manages to strain a movie-related post out of his brain." --OG-

Winner: Holden Pike
Other Nominees: Lord Slaytan, Pidzilla, Aniko, Sedai

- Best Movie Recommendations

Who is the best at writing movie reviews at MoFo?
"LordSlaytan took it away safely. Unfortunately I can admit that I really don't read a ton of the reviews on MoFo. I generally don't read reviews at all, but since I am coughing up these Pulitizer Prize winning blurbs I figured I owed it to the winner to go out and read some of their reviews. I can see now why LordSlay won as all of their reviews maintain a good deal of perspective and criticism. Seeing as LordSlay is the most well rounded reviewer, I vote for a hookup with Sedai to do the nasty and kick out some hybrid MoFo posters of awesomeness. Though science may say otherwise." --OG-

Winner: Lord Slaytan
Other Nominees: SamsoniteDelilah, Mark, Pidzilla, Maniac

- Best Reviewer

Who is the Most Insightful Poster (about non-film topics)?
"Holy canoli! Well as of writting this, we have a dead tie between Yoda and Caitlyn, which leads me to only one possible conclusion. Make out fight! Yoda and Caitlyn must battle with their tounges in a closet until one wears out. Whoever has the most stamina wins. Since it was such an incredibly close race, the other nominees will have the liberty of choosing whether or not the closet door gets left open for all to see. I'll bring the camera!" --OG-

Winner: Tie: Caitlyn & Yoda
Other Nominees: Golgot, allthatglitters, Sedai

- Most Insightful Poster (about non-film topics)

Who is the Most Sincere?
"Damn, another tight one. It looks like Caitlyn has narrowly squeezed out the win, meaning from now on nothing she says is allowed to be disputed as we all know it is the absolute truth. Should a tie break out between the writting of this, well, you know what has to happen. I'm deffinetely bringing the camera for that one." --OG-

Winner: Caitlyn
Other Nominees: Aniko, susan, Lord Slaytan, 7thson

- Most Sincere

Who has got the best Animated Avatar?
"Proving once again that hot girls dominate anything they participate in, Nebbit wins with the dancer who never tires:

Though I am very partial to Agent Smith in the rain, the dancer is very mesmerizing........." --OG-

Winner: Nebbit
Other Nominees: Sedai, jrs, Garrett, Spooky

- Best Animated Avatar

Who has the best non-animated avatar?
"Caitlyn takes it with that gorgeous avatar. I'm not entirely sure who that is or what she is wearing, but I find myself staring at it as my head gets sucked into the monitor. Again proving that hotties beat out all competetion." --OG-

Other Nominees: OG-, Zzat, Sir Toose, 7thson

- Best Non-animated Avatar

Who has the best signature?
"Ash Lee wins with "Aren't the Skywalker twins cute? And such sexual tension between them!" So does her winning mean we all secretly support incest...you weirdos! Congrats on the win. " --OG-

Winner: Ash Lee
Other Nominees: birdygirl, Zeiken, Mark, The Taxi Driver

- Best Signature

Who has the Best Use of Emoticons/Banners/Graphics?
"Nebbit dominated this category pretty nicely and takes the deserved win. I'm baffled by how she manages to pull out faces I've never seen before and I'm pretty sure she is in a pact with Satan giving her the ability to always find an apropriate smiley for the situation." --OG-

Winner: Nebbit
Other Nominees: Anonymous Last, MinionTV, Aniko, Golgot

- Best Use of Emoticons/Banners/Graphics

Who is the Best Newbie (joined after 8/1/04)?
"The Anonymous Last takes first. He came out of nowhere and, like Nebbits, is also in league with Lucifer for the ability to produce screen captures of pretty much any movie ever made. Way to go, noob!!" --OG-

Winner: Anonymous Last
Other Nominees: gummo, Prospero, chicagofrog, Tacitus

- Best Newbie

Who's the friendliest poster?
"Woah, woah, woah. What do we have here, another close one between Caitlyn and Aniko? Do I smell another make out fight!? Maybe someone else should have written these blurbs, I feel wrong spinning the award for friendliest poster into my crazed vision...but maybe I shouldn't apologize, because afterall the winner has to be nice to me regardless! Yay for loopholes! Congrats Caitlyn!" --OG-

Other Nominees: Aniko, Nebbit, allthatglitters, susan, Zzat

- Friendliest Poster

Who be the Most Improved Poster of '04?
"PimpDaShizzle snags the lead. I always liked his posts, I guess he was just a tad too forward for most people. He has toned it down a bit, so congrats, Pimp." --OG-

Winner: PimpDaShizzle
Other Nominees: John McClane, Nitzer, starrdarcy, Michael_myers

- Most Improved Poster

Who is the Gone But Not Forgotten MoFo of 2k4?
"Well, Django took the lead, but then it was pointed out that he has returned, thus negating the "gone" portion of the title. So the win goes to the SexyCelebrity. I went to highschool with this goodfella so I've had the pleasure of seeing the sexiness first hand and though I was somewhat inactive during his posting highs, everyone seems to miss his charm. Come back, Jason!" --OG-

Winner: SexyCelebrity
Other Nominees: Kong, Mary Loquacious, Nikki

- Gone But Not Forgotten

Which MoFo is the Master Debater?
"Ooooh, a heated debate as to who is the Master Debater, oh the irony. The MoFos have spoken and have claimed Yoda their favorite Debater. I hope this award doesn't go to his head, as his views and opinion are almost always absolutely and utterly wrong, but have fun with it, you Master Debater, you. " --OG-

Winner:Yoda
Other Nominees: Golgot, Caitlyn, SamsoniteDelilah, Pidzilla

- Master Debater

Who is the funniest MoFo?
"Perhaps in the closest election since last tuesday, the chap from across the pond nabs the title. The competetion was nice, all very worthy of the award, but I guess British humor rears its distinguished head once more to spit in the face of Americans. " --OG-

Winner: blibblobblib
Other Nominees: Anonymous Last, Holden Pike, MinionTV, Mary Loquacious

- Funniest Poster

Who is the Most Mysterious Poster?
"Congrats to the man sporting the avatar of the confused and possibly terrified baby. Keep up the good work at being a stranger! " --OG-

Winner: MinionTV
Other Nominees: Anonymous Last, Chicagofrog, Herod, Karl Childers

- Most Mysterious Poster

Who is Most Likely to be in a Movie?
"I think it is pretty undeniable that the incredibly sexy winner of this highly desired award won't let the win feed his already enormus ego. I'd like to say thanks to my billions of supporters and that I won't be letting ya down. I'm not entirely sure why I won (and by almost double the votes) over TheSilverBullet, as most know about his cinematic endevaors and I assumed not of my own, but oh well . Thanks " --OG-

Winner: OG-
Other Nominees: The Silver Bullet, r3port3r66, Garrett, Thmilin

- Most Likely to Be in a Movie

Who is the Most Dedicated Member?
"Well the actual man who birthed this fine site lost out to the beloved-by-many jrs, which in its own right says alot for jrs. I think it is pretty safe to say everyone appreciates the time jrs pours into keeping all the MoFos happy and updated with the happenings of Hollywood." --OG-

Winner: jrs
Other Nominees: Yoda, Caitlyn, Aniko, SamsoniteDelilah

- Most Dedicated Mo-fo

THANK YOU'S
Starrdarcy - germinal concept and getting the ball rolling. This event would not have happened if not for her energy and enthusiasm!

2004 MoFo Awards Committee: Aniko, Anonymous Last, Caitlyn, HellboyUnleashed, Nebbit, Nitzer, OG-, starrdarcy and Zzat - everybody put a lot of work into this and can be very proud of how it all came off.

Special thanks to OG- for putting his moderating skillz to work. This whole thing went a lot smoother and looks a lot neater due to his help!

Yoda - for providing all of us such a great place to exchange ideas, for the use of the Tournaments Forum and for all the administrative help with this project.

The MoFo Community - for all the awards suggestions, and the thought that went into nominating and voting. A lot of these decisions weren't easy, and there is no way this would have happened if not for all the people who got involved with it. This is an award-worthy group in many ways!

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Very nice presentation of it all, good work MoFo. :-D

Oh, and I guess congrats to all the winners or something like that.

Arresting your development
Shanks!

A system of cells interlinked
Excellent work all!! Thanks for all the effort by all involved!!

I'm campaigning hard for Best Newbie next year.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Rock on sam! I'm glad i got this event rolling, because of this i have two other forums i'm starting 2 other awards event on 2 other forums. Thanks all for the help!!!

Originally Posted by starrdarcy
Rock on sam! I'm glad i got this event rolling, because of this i have two other forums i'm starting 2 other awards event on 2 other forums. Thanks all for the help!!!
Wow, good luck with that!

I am having a nervous breakdance
Great job, all of you who were involved! And this thread in particular looks awesome! Great comments on the awards, OG-!

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Put me in your pocket...
Congratulations, everyone. The awards look great! Well done.~~

congradulations to everyone who won. this was fun i cant wait till next years

Muchos congrats to everyone.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

May The Forks be With Us
LETS DO THAT AGAIN! not now of course but next year at the same time. congratulations to all you winners and good job all of you nominees. break out the wine! ohh, wait I'm to young for drinks, does sparkling champane work?

I have no idea what I'm talking about.

"Snozberries taste like snozberries"