Joker origin Movie

Tools    

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I think the problems with trailers today, is that they are simply too long. Most clock in at 2 and a half minutes around for over the last decade it seems, in the 90s and before, they were at 1 and a half, give or take. What about a trailer like this, does this not spoil too much but still get you interested:

I think the problems with trailers today, is that they are simply too long. Most clock in at 2 and a half minutes around for over the last decade it seems, in the 90s and before, they were at 1 and a half, give or take. What about a trailer like this, does this not spoil too much but still get you interested:
I'd forgotten that Blow Out was that old (1981). But that is a great trailer-- probably better than the movie itself.

Oh really, Blow Out is one of my favorite movies of all time actually . Coincidentally, that movie is also in Joker. When Bruce Wayne and his parents leave the theater, Blow Out is playing in on the theater sign in the background.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

What are all these notions going around that the Joker movie may inspire violence? There have been plenty of movies before about psychotic vigilante, that are far more grittier, so why this one, and why now? Have these people never seen a movie like Taxi Driver before?

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”

it's all about the little details

Welcome to the human race...
Just so we're clear, this is the same chucklehead from the video that GulfportDoc linked to a couple of pages back.

(and now I wonder what Holden made of Joker)

I sure hope this does not happen

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/j...ps-1203410411/

... and of course they would consider a sequel. It’s all about the money. Artistic integrity has no place in Hollywood anymore
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

... and of course they would consider a sequel. It’s all about the money. Artistic integrity has no place in Hollywood anymore
That would be assuming that the Joker has art in it. I see the Joker as a good audience psychotherapist turning the victimizer into the victim and then turning it again into the victimizer as soon the psychotherapist knew many of the audience would accept it. You have to see that this psychotherapist, is doing this world wide, that's why they knew this had cash in it, and that's why they'll exploit as much as they can.

A bucket of anxiety
What are all these notions going around that the Joker movie may inspire violence? There have been plenty of movies before about psychotic vigilante, that are far more grittier, so why this one, and why now? Have these people never seen a movie like Taxi Driver before?
Because "bad guy + protagonist's spot + criminally insane shooting from years ago = anarchy" apparently.

A bucket of anxiety

Granted, it somehow already looks like it's going to be a thousand times worse, doomed to leave even less up to interpretation as before, however I don't think Joker ever was a decision for art. I stand by my theory that this is someone's tribute to Taxi Driver dressed up as a Joker movie for more theater seats.

There is one thing about the more negative reviews of Joker that I don't understand. Some of the reviews mentioned how the Joker is a white, but I don't understand why that it important though. Like here are excerpts from some reviews:

It’s either a near-perfect masterpiece, or it’s a dangerous manifesto for radical and lonely white men who may look to Arthur Fleck’s deranged descent into the Joker of comic-book lore as heroic instead of villainous.
The Joker as a character is really nothing like the disgruntled and committed white nationalist who commits the type of violence that the Joker as a film icon seems to have become associated with.
It shows the delusions that many white men have about their place in society and the brutality that can result when that place is denied.
Why are people having a problem with the Joker being white. I don't understand the big deal, unless I'm missing something?

There is one thing about the more negative reviews of Joker that I don't understand. Some of the reviews mentioned how the Joker is a white, but I don't understand why that it important though. Like here are excerpts from some reviews:

Why are people having a problem with the Joker being white. I don't understand the big deal, unless I'm missing something?
That's because most mass shootings in American history have been committed by deranged lone gunmen (a.k.a. lone wolves) who happened to be white.

The reviewers were concerned that by portraying the joker as a white man, it would encourage more of those deranged white guys to go out and commit more atrocities. However, I feel even if the joker was portrayed as a non-white, it still would encourage those sick maniacs to act out on their violent tendencies.

Well I think if the Joker was non-white in the movie, I think reviewers would complain about that too, though. They don't mention that by doing so, it would have saved the movie.

A bucket of anxiety

.......okay I think that's just people being ridiculous.

The Joker's always been white. I don't mean Caucasian, I mean WHITE! (whether it's a permanent skin discoloration due to being dunked in chemicals or self-applied make-up!)

We just have to accept that a lot of people will complain about everything. They will always call-out misrepresentations in movies even if it's the most ridiculous or far-fetched one.

Well for all these people who are saying that the Joker movie will inspire real life violence, is this because of the shootings at The Dark Knight Rises showing that happened in 2012? If that hadn't happened, would people still be making these comments about The Joker movie? Is it because both movies are Batman related?