The Best You've Seen This Year

Tools    

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Corpse Bride, Sin City, Saw II, Batman Bagins, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Originally Posted by ObiWanShinobi
Everyone is forgetting narnia which will surely be the next Lord of the Rings.

Once Narnia comes out, it will set the standard in what a good film of the year is, just like Lord of the Rings did.
Although i think Narnia will be a good movie, i doubt it wil live up to the LOTR trilogy.

Originally Posted by Need4speed
Although i think Narnia will be a good movie, i doubt it wil live up to the LOTR trilogy.
Maybe, but I think that says more about the expectations being placed on the film than the film itself. People shouldn't expect it to be The Lord of the Rings Lite.

I got for good luck my black tooth.
1. Jarhead
2. Good Night, and Good Luck
3. War of the Worlds
4. Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
5. Broken Flowers or Batman Begins

So far, I haven't exactly seen the greatest crop of films this year. Sin City is still the absolute best IMO, but I'm really looking forward to seeing Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang & Capote when I get the chance.

To the best of my memory...

Serenity
Batman Begins
Shopgirl
Sin City
Cinderella Man
Star Wars III
War of the Worlds
Kingdom of Heaven
History of Violence
Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

No Love for the sci fi headscrew delight PRIMER???

Last week, I saw this incredible movie at this screening. Match Point. The new Woody Allen film. OMG!!! It was so intense. Kind of like a more modern, sexier fatal attraction type deal. I mean, Scarlett Johansson, who usually, I'm not a big fan of, was like totally on it. And it had the sexiest man alive in it, Matthew Goode. But yeah, I liked it. I'll probably see it again when it comes out wide. Think that's like January. Anywayz, as for the film. I didn't think Woody Allen could ever pull of something so sexy and provocative. I couldn't stand him before but now, I'm won over.

Originally Posted by Piledriver
I couldn't disagree more Romeo. I think this has been an outstanding year for movies, one of the best I can remember actually. StarWars III, Batman:Begins, SinCity, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Wedding Crashers...I haven't been to the theatre this much in one year since probably 1987. And with Harry Potter 4, Underworld 2 and King Kong still to come, this could turn out to be a record breaking year for the box office coffers and my attendance to the local theatre.
I think by "Best so far this year" people mean movies that are actual films and not just popcorn movie explosions-gross-out-special-effects-blockbuster crap. But, your opinion, so whatever.

Mine have to be:

Capote (This was ****ing genius, and it was ignored)
A History of Violence
The Squid and the Whale
Walk The Line (surprisingly good)

And I haven't seen Syriana yet, but I've heard great things.

And we say to ourselves, "Well if that were in a movie, I wouldn't believe it."

www.myspace.com/randeath - me

www.myspace.com/animasana - my band

Bang The Drum Slowly
Pride & Prejudice
Harry Potter

King Kong & Narnia will top the list after I see them.

Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire

Will be seeing Narnia this weekend though

Originally Posted by X Randeath X

Capote (This was ****ing genius, and it was ignored)
A History of Violence
The Squid and the Whale
Walk The Line (surprisingly good)

And I haven't seen Syriana yet, but I've heard great things.
I haven't seen Capote, Good Night and Good Luck, Squid and the Whale or Mad Hot Ballroom but I suspect they'd be on my list if I had.

Now that I've seen Walk the Line, it's definitely on the list.

offly i havn't been going to the movies as much as 2004. I dunno, havn't seen anything worth watching. I'm thinking of seeing king kong though!

The True Meaning Of Christmas
Harry Potter And the Goblet Of Fire

I just saw Narnia and it has now become the best.

I haven't seen too many new movies that I totally loved this year, but I'm sure I'll catch up eventually (I always do). A few highlights were Werner Herzog's documentary Grizzly Man, Hal Hartley's clever sci fi picture The Girl From Monday and Sharkboy and Lavagirl in 3-d (yeah, Sin City was good too).

One 2005 flick I'd like to see very much (there are many) is Wild Blue Yonder.

Narnia, The Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants, The Notebook(I Think That was from 2004)

Brokeback Mountain and also a very entertaining film Pride & Prejudice

I also have to add Narnia to this list it was fantastic.

NARNIA

Others I've seen are:

King Kong
Harry Potter & The Goblet Of Fire
Hitch
The Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants
March Of The Penguins
Kingdom Of Heaven
Sahara
Pride & Prejudice
Fever Pitch