What are you listening to while you're MoFoin' it?

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
Half Man Half Biscuit - The Trumpton Riots

One of my oldest mates was practically an ancillary member of HMHB before he decided to become more rock and go and work for the civil service.

Think on...

Not sure I'm in love with that one. Morrowind is still my favourite TES theme.

But I'm partial to the entire Arcanum soundtrack.

Argh, but I don't think it beats Tomb Raider...

ok, you got me there - Morrowind is good as well, but I will see your Morrowind, AND the skyrim theme, and raise them this:

which is hands down the winner of the Epic TES battle song contest!

I've never played Arcanum, but I am partial to strings and that was great stuff - gonna have to check that out. Tomb Raider chants are the best part - they could leave out the strings on that one and add some dense bass. I guess that one is too light for me - I'd probably have to play it in-game to appreciate it.

GOG have it as a digital download with all sorts of free goodies but not the soundtrack, which you can get over at Terra Arcanum, I think. It's only $5.99.

Link

I'd say that the Oblivion theme is better than Skyrim's but I still prefer Morrowind. Ever notice that all three themes are variations on a ... errrr ... theme?

I think the composer had had too much coffee by the time he got round to Skyrim's...

well, you know how it goes. ingenuity only goes so far when you do it for a living! (edit: its why those authors churn out basically the same book every year. what a trap! but a money-maker.)

Never had you down as a Mills & Boon fan, Mack.

Aaaanyway.

Forget about Rick Astley, THIS is where it's now at when you want someone to unsuspectingly click on an innocent looking link!

&feature=related

It probably should be in the YouTube thread (or buried in a sealed fallout bunker) but, hey, it's music.

Never had you down as a Mills & Boon fan, Mack.
noooooo!!!! I googled Mills & Boon. You sir, have gone too far! *throws down gauntlet* j/k - i find its true of most genres, unfortunately, but yes, the romance genre is notorious for it.

in other....thread news:

some guy actually got on youtube and attempted to argue that the name of this song was NOT Lux Aeterna, but that it was *really* Requiem for a Tower from LOTR, and this Clint Mansell fella just stole it.

what a tool.

Clint Poppy would never steal anything!

Before he became film-scorer de jour, Clint was head honcho of seminal Grebo band Pop Will Eat Itself. Not only were they a fantastic band but they were also responsible for one of the great Late Late Show (Ireland's premier TV talk show) moments.

Firstly, look at the collection of guests that Gaybo (not a slur, for the host is Gabriel 'Gay' Byrne) is stuck with. Then look at the audience, who were probably expecting Daniel O'Donnell and not the sonic terrorism of PWEI in their prime.