What are you listening to while you're MoFoin' it?

Tools    

He's called Tequila. He's a tough cop.
That Wuthering Heights video is one of the most frighting and scarring things I've seen in my life.

It will haunt my nightmares for a long time to come.

Ask me a question, any question: Grill a MoFo: Dill-Man

The People's Republic of Clogher
That Wuthering Heights video is one of the most frighting and scarring things I've seen in my life.

It will haunt my nightmares for a long time to come.
I regularly dream of Kate Bush.

Now, I'm gonna have to trust YouTube on this one because my PC speakers have decided to throw a fit. The new Creative drivers for Vista are bloody awful, and I dunno if I've got my original installation CD...

Anyway, this is on the radio as I type and it's a darned good little song.

REM - (Don't Go Back To) Rockville

Only discovered these recently; I've been asking myself where they've been all my life ever since. Apparently they're classed as 'Darkwave'.

&feature=related

&feature=related

"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

RightUpTheLittleTramps@ss !
The Adam 12 theme to drown out my dad complaining before bed. UGH!!!

Arnie Cunningham- Right up the little tramps @ss!

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I need to preface this awesome song with an anecdote about a student I had who could not pay attention to anything but his fave rap songs. I started to play this song with about 10 minutes left in class, and he didn't move until the entire 17 minutes was finished. I asked him why he sat so still and he said, "I like the words... " I honestly believe that Dylan was one of the first rappers, but this song is another one of his mind-bogglers.

"Highlands" by Bob Dylan

&feature=related

"You can do it on that."

&feature=PlayList&p=DC4659662E0A96E5&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=43

Young Ned Of The Hill - The Pogues

This got put into my head when I was writing a post in the latest Movie Club discussion thread - click here to take part.

One of my favourite tracks on the disappointing follow-up to If I should Fall From Grace With God. Peace and Love. That's Terry Woods singing, not Shane, by the way - as Shane's substance abuse problems heightened his participation in albums dropped and the quality of the band's output declined. Still, people have been predicting his death for 20 years.

Here's a Tatty-fact - I was known as Ned for a lot of my time in England. The nickname was nothing to do with this song, though.

Someday You Will Be Loved ~ Death Cab for Cutie

(fan made video)

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Suede - Metal Mickey

They were a breath of fresh air, were Suede. Yeah, a certain Dame David Bowie loomed large in their influences but they brought a decadent glamour and a perfect antidote to the hordes of dull Indie bands of the time.

The Divine Comedy - The Summerhouse

Along with Absent Friends, my favourite DC song. Hannon once made a pass at the ex-Mrs T in Manchester.

I was kinda proud.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
You know, Tatty, I've been listening to my Pogues today, and I think Peace and Love is probably my third fave of theirs. Considering that I thought that Grace With God was the best album of 1988, I couldn't really expect them to top it, could I?

Anyway, I'm going to post a trifecta next time with Elvis, the Smiths, and the Pogues, but right now, I'm obsessing over this.

"Mama Told Me Not to Come" (live) by Three Dog Night
&feature=related