What are you listening to while you're MoFoin' it?

Tools    

It's interesting that my dad posted "Dr. Stringz" earlier and in the poems thread, "It's Not Easy Being Green" because I came upon

"It's Not Easy Being Green" by Andrew Bird

&feature=related

There's an all french version though that I have yet to be able to listen to.

He's called Tequila. He's a tough cop.
David Bowie - Space Oddity

Ask me a question, any question: Grill a MoFo: Dill-Man

"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

The People's Republic of Clogher
I don't normally ask people to click on outside links but there's no YouTube vid and it's only MySpace so you're safe.

Alyth McCormack is from the Western Isles of Scotland and is one of the few remaining exponents of their brand of mouth music. She's fantastic...

When you click on her link, listen to the third track on her jukebox, The Vices Set. It's one of the best things I've ever ever experienced, no exaggeration. It puts me in mind of Rai music and the first time I heard it was in the car a few months ago - luckily it was pretty late at night because, by the time the song was over, I found myself doing 20mph over the speed limit.

Link

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Steely Dan and Roxy Music were my fave new 1970s bands pre-Punk. (Good call on picking the unedited album version )

This guy was still doing his thing though, and he just put out another new album today.

"Tangled Up in Blue" (live, solo) by Bob Dylan

Yeah Steely Dan is amazing.

Bangla Dhun - Ravi Shankar (starts at 1:50, I think they cut some of it out though because it's about 17 minutes on my Concert For Bangladesh CD)

Not as good as Fly With Me, but still great.

This would seem to be Rinder & Lewis showing their appreciation for Sidney Lumet's Network (1976).

Classic