The MoFo Top 100 Animated Films - The Countdown

→ in
Tools    

I had Toy Story 2 at #23.

I haven't seen it since I saw it at the movies, though.

I'm not a fan of the Toy Story films either, what can I say they simply didn't make any impact in me, nor do I have any nostalgic feelings coming from them. They are all very nice and everything, but they just don't outstand for me, so I didn't vote for them.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I like the Toy Story movies, especially the Toy Story Aliens. I have little figures of them all over my desk, and even one of the aliens hanging on my keyring, but none of the Toy Story movies made my list.

However, I expected to see all three of them show up pretty high on this countdown.

Both Toy Story 2 and 3 nearly made my list, just like Wreck It Ralph they would've made it if i didn't include shorts but ultimately there was no room. I guess it's just me that thinks both sequels are much superior to the original .

15. Aladdin - Voting Stats

Total Points: 447
Part of a Numeric Tie? No.
27 Votes: 1st Place (25 pts.), Four 2nd Place (24 pts. each), Three 5th Place (21 pts. each), 6th Place (20 pts.), Three 7th Place (19 pts. each), 8th Place (18 pts.), 9th Place (17 pts.), Three 10th Place (16 pts. each), 11th Place (15 pts.), 12th Place (14 pts.), 13th Place (13 pts.), Two 14th Place (12 pts. each), Two 16th Place (10 pts. each), Two 19th Place (7 pts. each), 23rd Place (3 pts.)

I actually just watched this one last night. It was my first time seeing it since childhood. The movie definitely had its moments, but overall I was less than impressed with it. I found the songs tolerable at best and really annoying at worst and I wasn't that enamored with the characters, either.

Needless to say, it did not make my ballot.

Aladdin didn't make my list, but it is a fine animation. A lot of fun, but it didn't hold up that well from the childhood memories in my opinion.

RIP Robin Williams though, one of the main reasons to watch this film. He basically created the genie. So sad he died. He was my favourite celebrity, and I always wanted to meet him. Too late now...

I'm not sure what's more worrying. The fact Aladdin is 15th or the fact The Nightmare Before Christmas is higher

I think Aladdin is decent, but no where near this good, I do like the world and art design though, maybe I should watch it again.

Pretty much agree with what Daniel and MV said, decent film that has it's moments but 15 is way too high imo. Not just in the sense that i don't think it's good enough for it's position; but in that i didn't actually think it was this popular. I'd have guessed 31-40, just looking at Disney it's quite shocking that it placed above both Fantasia and Snow White, as well as Wreck It Ralph and Frozen but i suppose that's due to their recent releases.

One thing i will say is Williams steals this film and would make his way into my top 10 Voice Performances.

Was my number 7. Saw it for the first time in the theater as a kid and loved it.

1. Frozen
2. South Park: Bigger, Longer, Uncut
3. The Little Mermaid
4. Sleeping Beauty
5. Heavy Metal
7. Aladdin
10. Fantasia
11. Fantastic Planet
13. Bevis and Butthead Do America
17. Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
18. Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
19. Alice in Wonderland (1951)
21. Bambi
23. The Lady and the Tramp

Good lord. Frozen was you're #1?
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."