Wanna Hear Something Cool????

Tools    

Ok so I'm writing this from my blackberry on the 5:10 train, so bear with me. I was at work this morning and saw this GINORMOUS notice that traffic was being re-routed downtown because....wait for it......they are filming parts of TRANSFORMERS 3 in the Loop!!

How awesome is that????

So I'm already thrilled right - I'm leaving today and I normally go out one particular side of the chicago board if trade bldg, and today the literally re-routed all foot traffic around the bldg. It was exciting!

Hopoefully tomorrow Ill bring my camera and see if I can get close and get catch a glimpse of Shia...?? (I beg you god! I BEG!! )

Anyawy, I don't have ALL the details but ill look em up 2nite, and if there's a thread about this already, ....whelp, DEAL WITH IT oh ye faithful mods! (No really. Do deal with it )

Peace out and come on weekend!

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
My daughter Sarah just flew into Chicago this aftenoon to attend the Pitchfork Music Festival this weekend, so I'll have to ask her if she sees/saw anything.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
This is such a cool story We dont get nothing like this where I live.

Your girl Mack is now making her way toward the Transformers 3 set on Michigan and Ohio. Not sure what ill be able to actually see or if they'll even let me near enuf to "see" anything good, but I figure its worth the ols college try, right? RIGHT???

Man it is HOT out here. Maybe , just MAYBE ill have something worthwhile to post after 2nite. Ciao!!

Unregistered Illegal User
Was Optimus there??? was he in truck or robot mode..
OMG that's an awesome question, I want to meet Optimus so bad i can just cry

Grill me, I dare you!
My Reviews

Well. I have a front row seat! I'm "supposedly" standing in front of the Optimus Prime truck - I'm skeptical, but who knows? Maybe?

ok I did take a pic, but my god people, it has ME in it! It might scare ya, but I'll post it as soon as I get it all downloaded with the grainy vids.

Turns out a guy we know is an extra in the film - great stuff. Was told we could not be allowed to get closer or he would be ejected from the film, so there's that.

At days end, and after trekking halfway across downtown, I ended up at the Michigan Ave bridge, where they were, indeed filming scenes from the film. However, those hollywood crew were complete SET NAZIs! Man, they rounded us up and shipped us out like it was nobody's business. ("Move along people! Move along! You CANT stand here!") I ended up moving because I actually thought one particularly tough looking broad was going to start taking people out if we didnt budge.

Ended up at the bottom of Rush street on the riverside boat docking looking up at the bridge watching the filming. saw two scenes:

1. Army guys rush across bridge amidst smoke, gunfire, mayhem etc. (this they did repeatedly in full gear, in 90+ degree weather)

2. Bumblebee, and several other Autobot? or Decepticon? cars speed across the bridge at breakneck speed (again, repeatedly).

we know Fox isnt in the film, but we espied a blonde running across the bridge in the scenes with the army fellas, and speculate that she's the new love interest.

then they wrapped up the filming, at ...oh...7:45pm. An entire 15 minutes before they "officially" said they'd even begin filming. oh, I love how they misled the public! but what was most intriguing was that the lower bridge and walkway was open to the public the entire time they filmed on the upper bridge. Also, the tour boats and boating public continued their leisurely crawls under/around the bridge during the entire shoot.

I can only assume these scenes were shot with a tight focus??

Bottom line? this filming stuff is real work. good god, i thought - this is a full time job!

I must be weird... every time I find out they're filming around here, I try to avoid the area like it's Indy's snake pit...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)