True Blood

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
That was a very moving episode... have you checked out the books?

I have not - are they worth a read?

I have not - are they worth a read?

Hard to answer... they're an easy read and in so many ways, as silly as hell, but they basically became an addictive read for me... they do give a lot more insight into the characters even though they've veered away from the books quite in bit in the show...

Mack got me hooked on the things...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

A system of cells interlinked
I watched the final two season 2 episodes last night. must say they were a bit of a let down. Although I can see why they used the Maenad story as the main season arc, I think the cult/Godric line panned out far better in the execution. I liked Michelle Forbes as Maryanne, and she did a ton with the role, but when it all came to a head, it was pretty contrived and a bit hokey. I was hoping they would maintain the level of awesomeness in I Will Rise Up, but I guess that is asking a lot.

I'm getting a bit irritated with the 3rd season... so far, they've pretty much made Eric out to be a moron and that is not the impression I had of him in the book at all... and the last episode "9 Crimes" or whatever it was called was just silly...

WARNING: "True Blood" spoilers below
What was up with the wolves changing like that... best I remember, it was a full moon in the book but unless I missed it, I didn't see Alcide warn Sookie beforehand about it... did the writers just forget that Alcide would have kinda known it was time to howl at the moon... and what was up with Debbie's hair? I couldn't help but fall out laughing with they finially showed her after they'd made such a big reference to the fact she still went to Alcide's sister to get her hair done...

ok, so im surfing for good podcasts, and found THIS!

http://libwww.freelibrary.org/podcast/?podcastID=518

podcast of Charlaine Harris speaking @ the Philadelphia Library on 5/5/2010. Interesting stuff.

Possibly one of the best quotes (although I will be paraphrasing)
-You can't spend your whole life between the legs of a woman.
-I can try.

I love Franklin's character. I only read the first book...five years ago? But I really enjoy that relation.

On a side note...WHY HASN"T SOOKIE SLEPT WITH ERIC YET?

the character i enjoy is Jason.
He annoys the hell out of me.... as does
Sam's new found family... those people are something else... what... I'm not sure... but I'd have to find a way to get rid of them...

I have friends that host True Blood Parties. They all get together and drink wine, its hilarious. I've watched other series on HBO such as, John from Cincinati, Entourage, and BIG. Never watched True Blood though. If there was an episode that could basically sell me on it, where should I start?

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
I would watch one of the episodes with Maryanne (season 2, I'm not sure?), they are pretty creepy and fantastic. BTW, don't forget the ever-lovin' mother of all HBO shows, Deadwood. (David Milch, the creator, also did John From Cincinnati)

The episode,'Scratches' , out of season 2 seems a good place to start. Gotta love wikipedia, and their databases(s), of episode guides. Can't believe, I forgot, Deadwood, for shame! Love the cursing in that show, and, Ian McShane's, face was always soo friggin' intense!

I let you know what I think. Thanks

^ The father really worries me. The kid seems alright though, just in a bad circumstance

Did you see what that so called father (and actually the mother too) have been up to? I hope Sam takes the bastard for a Cajun boat ride...

Am curious to see what will happen on tonight's episode...

let's not overreact - if the boat ride involves killing them, that'd be a bit overmuch - though their actions are unspeakable, they're not as bad as say those in Precious. a good solid Sam beating is what that dad needs. a good SOLID beating.

am i the only one that thinks Jessica needs to hook up with Tommy? as sweet as she and Hoyt seem, that is a disaster waiting to happen, dontcha think?

and the last odd thing i wonder about - their depiction of the fae really threw me for a loop. it was not at all what i expected. certainly not the 60's free-love fest Alan Ball imagined. so banal. all they needed was appropriate music and some drugs on scene. honestly, didnt we already do that with the Maenad? plus, I thought Claudine was a very alert, very assertive blonde. maybe i forgot something?

Sorry Mack... but
had Tommy lost the dog fight, he would have joined the pile of dead dogs being piled to the side of the ring...
and for that, his so called parents both deserve to take a Cajun boat ride...

I'm with you on the fae scene though... it was a wee bit on the silly side... but did you notice
the whole think took place in the cemetery? I assume the one by Sookie's house
... and from what I remember, you're right... Claudine was tall and blonde...

Oh, and Jessica and Tommy would make an interesting couple... more so than Sookie and Bill, IMO...