Best Alfred Hitchcock Film

Tools    

I can't vote. I think they're all good.

Didn't see it.
I went with Rear Window. Grace Kelly...mmmmmm...yummy.

Actually, I just thought it was good and suspenseful. I think North by Northwest was pretty good too.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
I voted "Other" for Vertigo ... Hitchcock just really got to me with that one.

The Birds didn't move me ...
I've seen parts of Rear Window and it didn't move me either.
Psycho either ...

BUT - i've heard some very kinky/interesting stuff about the homoerotic undertones in Rope, which makes me interested in seeing it ... supposedly Hitchcock and the ensemble played around with that undertone and the reality of one of the leads being gay, or somesuch. haven't seen it yet ... hopefully one day.

There is a small homosexual vibe in that movie with the two guys and all - but I never thought much of it.

"Rope" is probably my 2nd favorite Hitchcock film, but I voted for "Other", because, as my profile clearly states, "Dial 'M' For Murder" is basically my favorite movie of all time.

You kind of have to be looking for the homosexual vibe in Rope to see that it's there. I didn't think about it when I saw Rope the first time, but after reading a book by Francois Truffaut where he matter-of-factly states that the characters in Rope were gay, it was easy to see them that way.

My favorite Hitchcock movie is North by Northwest, but it's only out in front by a short bit as I liked Dial M For Murder and Rope and The Man Who Knew Too Much and Rear Window and even To Catch a Thief (among many others) almost as much.

i went with Rope, i had heard they were gay beforehand AND i saw Hitchcock the first time, no getting anything past me...

oh yeah, it was a damn good movie, too.

Can't go past Vertigo, for the trademark Hitchcock shot, and the tragic twisting tale that manages to captivate even after multiple viewings. It's amazing to see the amount of detail that Hitchcock injected into this film.

Rope, Psycho and Rear Window are also favorites of mine.

Am I the only one that thinks that Psycho is a phenomenal film? I guess so.

MovieForums Extra

No way, Psycho is one of my favourites of all time!! It's a great movie by any standard. I'm not sure about some of the other movies like Vertigo because (believe it or not ) I haven't had a chance to see it!

Cheers Zeph, I knew you'd have my back .

A system of cells interlinked
Vertigo, as I think it's his greatest and most complex film, but I really love these as well:

Psycho
Rear Window
Strangers on a Train
The Birds

I believe The Birds is his favorite. I read that somewhere. He felt it was a culmination of many of his ideas.....

North by Northwest
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I have to say Rebecca (1940).

I loved the movie as much as the book - that's pretty rare.

Also Rear window and Vertigo - of course.

I must become Caligari..!
Psycho - A++

North By Northwest - A
Rear Window - A-
The Birds - B

Put me in your pocket...
Rear Window (1954)
Rebecca (1940)
To Catch a Thief (1955)
North by Northwest (1959)
Psycho (1960)

North by Northwest
"That wasn't very sporting, using real bullets."

And please, clicky HERE.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
Psycho is my all-time favorite film.

Hitchcock is my all-time favorite director.

I've seen 29 Hitchcock films, and here are my top ten:

1. Psycho
2. Rear Window
3. Dial M for Murder
4. Strangers on a Train
5. Rope
6. Vertigo
7. Shadow of a Doubt
8. Suspicion
9. Rebecca
10. North by Northwest
NEW (as of 1/24/05): Quick Reviews #10

"Vitgo" and "The Rope" and "Dancing with strangers"
"Stranger on the Train" the Norman Bates movie. and I think that is it.
The other ones scare me too much oh and the birds were so funny. See yu around!JM
Favorite Movie of all time:Star Wars!
Online offline boyfriend:AdarkSideJedi(brad)
Other Sites I belong tooeathcurse.com Darkmark.com and StarWars.com and Adult Swim.com!