JayDee's DVD Collection

Tools    

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Best Seller - James Woods and Brian Dennehy?!? It's worth seeing for that alone. Good thriller, too.
Electric Dreams - 80's goodness and a brilliant theme song. That's gonna be stuck in my head now for the rest of the night.
Kingdom of the Spiders - Have you seen this before? I love this film. It's a great cross between the 70's 'animals gone mad' and disaster movie. Not only that, but you get Shatner as a cowboy.
Mask - I'm going to assume this the Cher movie. I like that film
Mechanic, The - Hoping this isn't The Stath
Murder in the First - Two excellent performances from Bacon and Slater and a great supporting cast, too. I've not seen this since the late 90's, but I'm sure it'll hold up.
Star Chamber - Have you seen this before? If not, this will feel very familiar as it feels like a 70's thriller but, sadly, it's just a little too 80's to be that good.
Man Bites Dog - It's in my top 10. I'm looking forward to hearing what you think.
Best Seller - That was my thinking. Sounded interesting anyway but with Woods and Denehy it had to be worth a shot.
Electric Dreams - Well you're welcome for having the song planted in your mind. "We'll always be together, together in electric dreams."
Kingdom of the Spiders - It was you that made me aware of this one.
Mask - Yes the Cher film
Mechanic, The - That's right, should have made it clear. It is the original Charles Bronson version
Murder in the First - It was the cast of Bacon, Slater, Gary Oldman, William H Macy, Brad Douriff etc that caught my eye
Star Chamber - No not seen it. And I really have grown to love my 70s thrillers.
Man Bites Dog - Well it certainly comes with some high billing and expectations thanks to its placing in your top 10.

There were actually a couple I forgot. Picked them up at the weekend and had them sitting separately. One you'll certainly approve of HK, not sure about the other.

Gone With the Wind
Sleepy Hollow

Sleepy Hollow I saw years and years ago. Remember very little of it other than I think I liked it. And Gone With the Wind is a film I should see at some point. The only problem with trying to record it on TV is that with ads it could be on for 5+ hours and it would always clash with other stuff. So finally just went with the good old blind buy DVD

Pitch Perfect - I've not seen this, but I've heard suprisingly good things about it. There again, I hear good things about Glee, too.
Yuck, don't mention them in the same sentence. I can't stand Glee but love Pitch Perfect.

Best Seller - That was my thinking. Sounded interesting anyway but with Woods and Denehy it had to be worth a shot.
I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Electric Dreams - Well you're welcome for having the song planted in your mind. "We'll always be together, together in electric dreams."
Yeah. Thanks for that. I'm off to youtube now.

Mask - Yes the Cher film
Have you seen it before? It's a good film and it'll get you in the end.
Man Bites Dog - Well it certainly comes with some high billing and expectations thanks to its placing in your top 10.
Obviously I'm going to be very interested in your thoughts on this.

Love Sleepy Hollow. One of only two times, for me, when the Burton/Depp pairing worked superbly. Obviously I love GWTW.

Yuck, don't mention them in the same sentence. I can't stand Glee but love Pitch Perfect.
Pitch Perfect was okay overall, but it was much better than I expected. Glee sucks.
I'm glad to read both these posts.

For those too young to know.

Have you seen it before? It's a good film and it'll get you in the end.

Love Sleepy Hollow. One of only two times, for me, when the Burton/Depp pairing worked superbly. Obviously I love GWTW.
Not seen Mask properly but I remembering catching bits of it a good number of years ago and being quite intrigued by it.

Oh right, didn't know that. I know you've got a bit of a love/hate relationship with Burton and didn't know where Sleepy Hollow fell.

Oh and I've got another DVD update which will post either later on or tomorrow

Well I fell off the wagon again! I can be alright for a spell and then within the space of just a few days I go crazy. And it's extra crazy just now as I'm not really watching any 'new' films at all just now. I'm still on my epic rewatch quest as I try and figure out my top 100.

Last week I was in town for the first time in a long while and had a bit of cash burning a hole in my pocket. And I just happened to stumble across a lot of films I'm intersting in seeing at decent/good prices. So in the one shopping trip I picked up the following 11 DVDs for just £29 -

Breakfast on Pluto
Crying Game, The
Doors, The
Fountain, The
Gosford Park
Henry's Crime
JFK
Mercury Rising
Sugarland Express, The
Thank You For Smoking

Festen

Also picked up another bundle in the days following -

D.E.B.S.
Four Brothers
Hackers
Hardware
Looper
Of Mice and Men
Ruby Sparks
Sessions, The
Silver Linings Playbook
Sixth Sense, The
Theatre of Blood

Why not? I thought if anyone would be encouraging it, it would be you!

Well I watched and was impressed with The Crying Game a short while back, and have been curious about Breakfast on Pluto for a while. And both just happened to be on the shelves at the store I was in for £2 and £3 respectively. D.E.B.S. was one I became aware of a while back and just happened to stumble across a used copy online for 75p so felt it was worth a try.

Think that's all isn't it?

Crying Game, The
Doors, The
Gosford Park
JFK
D.E.B.S.
Four Brothers
Hackers
Ruby Sparks
Sessions, The
Sixth Sense, The
Theatre of Blood

DEBS was one of the films I wanted to nominate for the tournament. I've not seen Ruby Sparks or The Sessions, but I'm interested in both.

Well I watched and was impressed with The Crying Game a short while back, and have been curious about Breakfast on Pluto for a while. And both just happened to be on the shelves at the store I was in for £2 and £3 respectively. D.E.B.S. was one I became aware of a while back and just happened to stumble across a used copy online for 75p so felt it was worth a try.
I've seen D.E.B.S. Long time ago. Can't remember what all happens, but I know it's a lesbian movie. A lesbian superhero movie, I think?

Boy, Breakfast on Pluto can't cut a break anywhere in the world. I've seen it for $2 in stores near me.

A lesbian superhero movie
And you're questioning why I bought this? I mean has there ever been a phrase that held so much promise and potential as 'lesbian superhero movie'?

Although from what I know of it I thought it was more lesbian secret agents. Which still sounds pretty good!

That's right -- lesbian super agents. I remember Jordana Brewster. That's about the only thing I remember. And she has a girlfriend, I think.

Update covering the last 2-3 months

Alien Nation
Breaking Away
Cassandra Crossing
Cloud Atlas
Conan the Barbarian (2011)
Convoy
Cooler, The
Couch Trip
Dark Angel (aka I Come in Peace)
Dazed and Confused
Dragonslayer
Eyes of Laura Mars
Flashback
Flying Scotsman, The
Freejack
Gate, The
Getaway, The (1972)
Gone in 60 Seconds (1974)
Hard Times
Jack's Back
Kill Bill vol. 1
Kill Bill vol. 2
Killers, The (1964)
Knightriders
Long Goodbye, The
Mental
Miller's Crossing
Modesty Blaise
Over the Edge
Planet Terror
Powder
Prophecy, The
Pump Up the Volume
Repo Man (Criterion)
Rock n Roll High School
Runaway Train
Seven-Ups, The
So I Married An Axe Murderer
Stick-up, The
Terror on the Britannic
Thief
Warm Bodies
X - The Man With the X-Ray Eyes

Breathless
Lone Wolf and Cub boxset
Miracles
Thunderbolt

Dirty Mary Crazy Larry / Race With the Devil
The Yakuza / The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Community season 4

Craig Ferguson - I'm Here to Help

Forgot to say that I also got a replacement copy of an old favourite, Judgment Night. Old disc had got rather scratched and was playing a bit dodgy. Not a great flick but one I love nonetheless

Me like these.

Alien Nation
Cassandra Crossing
Convoy
Dark Angel (aka I Come in Peace)
Dazed and Confused
Eyes of Laura Mars
Flashback
Gone in 60 Seconds (1974)
Jack's Back
Miller's Crossing
Over the Edge
Planet Terror
Pump Up the Volume
So I Married An Axe Murderer
X - The Man With the X-Ray Eyes
Lone Wolf and Cub boxset
The Yakuza

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Pump Up The Volume and Cloud Atlas are two huge favourites for me, and I also love the Kill Bills. I also think Planet Terror is ok, and I watched So I Married An Axe Murderer recently and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it.