Matrix Revolutions

→ in
Tools    

Originally Posted by Jackie Malfoy
I had not seen any thing on it being on tape!I mean I know that Matrick's reloaded is on dvd and video but I had not seen Revoutions anywhere in the store.
Are you sure?Would it be on tv if it was on video or dvd? Well anyway I will go check it out thanks for telling me anyway!See you around!JM

You need to be a little bit clearer with your questions Sweetie... and always check the DVD Forum... jrs always keeps us up to date...

MATRIX REVOLUTIONS

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

It is in my opinion quite easy to tell there should have been 4 movies needed to tell the whole story properley with no plot holes etc.. other examples of this would be interview with the vampire and queen of the dammed which proved they could have done with quite a bit more screen time. I thought the first half of reloaded was pretty good, they lost it just after the motorway scenes to to much dialogue and there is to much dialogue in revoloutions. I like the fight in the chateau and after Neo beatsT the henchmen, i thought here we go a big battle between neo and the mirovingian. And the way they just left persephone and the mirovingian out of the 3rd one was poor, well left out of any dignified scenes for a program supposed to be so big/evil/powerfull.

I think there may be an extended edition of both the last 2 movies in s dvd box set like lord of the rings which may explain things a bit more. As I see it there will be more matrix movies for simply 1 reason; Money.

Why am I here?
Originally Posted by Sedai
I would think the solution wouldn't be that simple. To power all the machines on the planet with solar power, they would have had to construct an array of incredible magnitude, that would only ever be able to ensare sunlight for around 10-14 hours per day depending on the earths tilt/position at whatever time of year it happened to be. So, a planatery scale array would have had to been constructed. I think this would have been fine if the machines hadn't been a lot more primitive at the start of the war. If one studied the chronology of the man/machine war, aka The Second Renaissance, it would become clear that the machines just weren't advanced enough to engage in a project like a planetary solar array miles above the earth. I mean, the whole reason the symbiotic relationship started was because of the timing of Operation Darksky (errr, that's not the name but it's something like that, I can't remember the real name right now). From what I gathered from watching the Seconfd Renaissance, the machines were losing for a long time, as they weren't smart enough to gain any sort of advantage. Once the machine started to win, man got desperate and formulated a plan. This plan was out of pure desperation and nothing more. It was a bad plan. I think after this happened the machines went into their own sort of desperation mode, and went for the fastest way out of the situation. So, they had been studying the human for many years and a solution presented itself, It may have been that they thought about a solar array, but the array plan would have had two glaring problems.

The array would be vulnerable to attack

The array didn't ALSO remove the enemy.

The human battery plan is clearly and logically the better plan, and the machine's logic circuits would choose it 100% of the time.

Not to mention the story would have much less impact if man hadn't created the problem in the first place.
Or they could have just built a big fan to get rid of all the smoke... I know it wouldn't be a very good movie if the human race wasn't enslaved, but it just seems to me that there was thousands of ways of getting energy that the machines could have used. By studing the human race they could have seen us experement with renewable energy resources, also the humans must have had power stations, rivers, wind etc.... If the machines had the power to enslave humans then they also had the power to just go and kill them and nick whatever they where using....

But it wouldn't have been a good film now would it...

Sic Networks

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by greppin
Or they could have just built a big fan to get rid of all the smoke... I know it wouldn't be a very good movie if the human race wasn't enslaved, but it just seems to me that there was thousands of ways of getting energy that the machines could have used. By studing the human race they could have seen us experement with renewable energy resources, also the humans must have had power stations, rivers, wind etc.... If the machines had the power to enslave humans then they also had the power to just go and kill them and nick whatever they where using....

But it wouldn't have been a good film now would it...
There is a statement in The Second Renaissance where the narrator states:

"The machine, drawing power from the human body, an endlessly multiplying, infinitely renewable energy source, this is the very essence of the Second Renaissance."

I think this is why they chose humans, as Power stations aren't infinitely renewable and endlessly multiplying

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
You need to be a little bit clearer with your questions Sweetie... and always check the DVD Forum... jrs always keeps us up to date...

MATRIX REVOLUTIONS
I have no idea why I keep forgeting to check the dvd section of this site!Anyway thanks for remaining me that it is there!
And I will clearer from now on I promise thanks for asking me nicely!See you around!JM
Favorite Movie of all time:Star Wars!
Online offline boyfriend:AdarkSideJedi(brad)
Other Sites I belong tooeathcurse.com Darkmark.com and StarWars.com and Adult Swim.com!

I See You When You're Sleeping
I just saw it for the first time. It was awful.

A lack of a continuous storyline kept me BORED. About three quarters of the movie is filled with the most tedious 'epic' war scene I have ever seen. I had no idea what was going on. It just didn't fuse well with Reloaded as the ideas and explanations from that just were not evaluated.

The script was just sickening. How many cheesey predictable lines were said? It felt like Pearl Harbour all over again....

Yes the effects were darn good throughout but so what? That's not enough.

Why didn't they leave it as a single movie?

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by MinionTV
I just saw it for the first time. It was awful.

A lack of a continuous storyline kept me BORED. About three quarters of the movie is filled with the most tedious 'epic' war scene I have ever seen. I had no idea what was going on. It just didn't fuse well with Reloaded as the ideas and explanations from that just were not evaluated.

The script was just sickening. How many cheesey predictable lines were said? It felt like Pearl Harbour all over again....

Yes the effects were darn good throughout but so what? That's not enough.

Why didn't they leave it as a single movie?
Seconded

Well hello Mr. Fancypants
One word... sucked!

where was "payoff" that we were promised... i mean Reloaded wasn't great but compared to this it sure was no "tease".

Maybe i'm stupid but how did Neo getting turned into Smith destroy Smith... why didn't everyone in the matrix who had in theory been turned into Smith die or the matrix crash... and why oh why was the architect even in the movie?

Maybe i'm wrong and i just missed the point but to me none of it was explained... i got the impression after seeing it that it was never intended as a trilogy like the brothers said it was... it seems as thought the story for the second and third movies was thought up by mixing a load of philosphical crap and techno spout purposely so that the audience could not understand it in the hope that they would see it all as cool!!!! Unlucky Wachowski Bros... you failed miserably!

Although i have just said all this i will still buy it so i don't know why i bother really. I would still forgive them if they turned round and said "sorry about that people, we made a slight error with those... can we make them again?"

I really had high hopes for them... i wish they could be remade now because they could have been so much better!

"if i had the words i would say... HOLY CRAP!!"

You ain't leadin nothin but two things right now... jack and sh*t... and jack left town"

revolutions could have answered all of the questions, but it didnt in a sense. i left the movie more confused than ever! i still liked it though.

Why am I here?
Originally Posted by Sedai
There is a statement in The Second Renaissance where the narrator states:

"The machine, drawing power from the human body, an endlessly multiplying, infinitely renewable energy source, this is the very essence of the Second Renaissance."

I think this is why they chose humans, as Power stations aren't infinitely renewable and endlessly multiplying
Ahh ok... I get it now, still bugged me slightly I was about to dispute your first statement about using solar panels (as that's what the machines originally used) but Animatrix kinda clears up any loose ends.

I enjoyed the whole Matrix thing, the Anime, the 2 movies, the Game etc... It was a nice experiment into what you can do with entertainment (and how much money you can squeeze out of your audience)... I enjoyed both 2&3 mainly for the action and effects, which I think is an achievement and is a good enough reason to see it. I personally think the Wachowski Brothers knew what they where trying to do, but didn't quite get it to work.

It seems the movies are a lot of fragmented ideas, some explored way too much, and others way too little. It would have been nice if the film had focus and didn't go off in tangential paths all the time... IMO, it seemed that it tried to shove 2-3 hours of storyline into the last 10minutes of Revolutions, it felt rushed.

They are ok films, but they don't quite stand up against the first film.

crying shadow in the darkness
First film was the greatest sci-fi picture to come to the screen since with 1992 with T2, the second film is the one I hate. I wish it was more "serious" and better, some scenes were not bad but the rest was pretty much ****. And the last film was the second best, a good climax, and a good way to end the story. But my favorite will forever be the first film.

Why am I here?
Well of course considering it was an original (kinda) thing... and one of the first western films to deal with the kind of Sci-Fi that usually is left up to Japanese Anime directors. It was an achievment to create something that had depth as well as good effects, it's a shame they tried to go over the top with extending the story.

Personally I thought some of the things that where discussed on this forum after reloaded would have made better endings, I thought Matrix inside another Matrix would have been a cool idea (if not a little 13th floor)...

___Warning: If you havn't seen Matrix Revolutions and do not wish to know the ending then please do not read on___

Why o Why did Neo have to die! NO NO NO I WONT BELEAVE IT! jesus trinity along with neo both died.. he was expose to be the "one" I sure as hell hope its not really a trilogy and they r gonnna make one final one.. to see if neo comes back omg! Great movie untill they both died.. then it became complete ****!

PS:I was searching google for the matrix 4 and ppl said i dunno if its true that they making matrix 4 an avilabitly(or how ever you spell it) But kuena reeves will not be returning to it... But i dont think thats true that guy made millions off that. But they said the matrix 4 will be based on neo returning or some **** like that i hope its all true! more info on this would be greatly needed! so plezz let me know if they r making another!

Yea it is tuesday I almost forgot I have to go and get me a copy I had not seen it yet. No worrys I did not read your thread.
Anyway my friend told me the ending and I almost killed her but I am going to see the movie anyway.
Well I am off to buy the movie see yuo around!JM

The ended was just damn right gay! If you think back to the first one where neo got shot about 10 times in the chest and he came back.. Why didnt he in the last one? I mean he knew he couldnt beat smith so he let him take him over so he could deleate him...But why neo also? it doesnt make since.. Hopefully they will make another movie.

In fact, WB would be fools if they didnt make another one.. i never heard of a movie company not making more of a HUGE sucessfull money making movie; IE: batman,jaws,Holloweens and such so they better or i will go threaten them!

Originally Posted by jrs
There is no/will be no plans for a Matrix 4 .
Ok I am off to go buy the tape see you guys later!
Jackie
Malfoy

Originally Posted by jrs

"There is no/will be no plans for a Matrix 4 "

LIES! the must make another besides it would be foolish not to... After what the oricle said at the end and stuff there has to be!