Why are modern romantic comedies so bad?

Tools    

The trick is not minding
La la land is a musical, not a romantic comedy, this movie is comparable to:
Bohemian raphsody
A star is born
Over the moon
Thats it
It’s a hybrid, so it’s really a musical romantic comedy.

I really enjoyed La La Land.
It was okay. Very overrated. Would never watch it again.

Emma from last year was also a really enjoyable romance film. Better then I expected it to have been.
Hated this movie. Stupid in the extreme.

La la land is a musical, not a romantic comedy, this movie is comparable to:
Bohemian raphsody
A star is born
I suppose a movie can be a musical & a rom-com.

Don’t see how it compares to Bohemian Rhapsody & A Star is Born since both are based on real-life people.

It was okay. Very overrated. Would never watch it again.

Hated this movie. Stupid in the extreme.

I suppose a movie can be a musical & a rom-com.

Don’t see how it compares to Bohemian Rhapsody & A Star is Born since both are based on real-life people.
It doesn t matter what the plot is, it s a musical film first and foremost that s why i mentioned them

Because you need a soul to make a good film. And modern actors and producers are satans worshipers. Thats why everything is **** in mass media nowadays

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Do City Lights and Junior count as romantic comedies?

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Best country for romantic comedies:
20s-60s - USA
70s - USSR
80s-00s - Hongkong
Post-2000s - NONE

The genre is just as well as dead for me now, but I'd be happy to be proved wrong (Johnnie To, will you?).
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
For some reason your response is even funnier than the original ridiculous post.

Change of perspective. With the current number of divorces and aborted pregnancies, “arranged personal life” is a relative concept, and many events that were previously perceived as unambiguously positive (wedding) have a bitter aftertaste: it is clear from journalism and pop culture that it will not be easy.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I think the problem with a lot of romantic comedies, is that the love progression is just not convincing at all. They go the whole movie treating each other like crap a lot, and then by the third act turn around they are thinking, "after treating you like crap so much, and you treating me like crap so much, I think I love". What???

I get that they wanting conflict to make the story more interesting but maybe it's just hard to make the change convincing.

The reason there are no good rom-coms anymore is because Nora Ephron is dead.
I think the Satan Worshippers have something to do with that.