Movies that make you cry?

Tools    

Watch it !! it's amazing

Master of My Domain
Bill Pullman's uplifting speech in "Independence Day" ]
Crying to a Regan propaganda film? Nah...

Star Wars episode I: The Phantom Menace
When Anakin has to leave his mother. Damn feels every time

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I sobbed and sobbed. I'm even sobbing now.
Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father

Drive did, and I'm not a hugely sentimental type, but it had that effect on my for some reason.

Million Dollar Baby was also a very sad (but good film) - though it's been so long since I've seen it I don't recall if it actually made me tear up

A Christmas Story (1999) - This isn't so surprising, since I cry when reading the book too. The Ghost of Christmas Present segment always gets me. On a tangental note, Patrick Stewert is ana amazing Scrooge.
I think you might have the title of this film wrong...are you sure it's not A Christmas Carol?

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
The Railway Man.

Armageddon...the runway scene when the child runs out to meet his dad for the first time when they land....gets me every time.

The ending scene of Forrest Gump makes be wanna cry

Care for some gopher?
Grave of the Fireflies

It's just one scene but this scene is devastating.

The fault in our stars. It touches me a lot

Crying is a strong word, but I do get teary eyes quite often if I'm invested in the movie enough - it's usually not because of someone dying, but because of complete hopelessness of a situation from one character's point of view. For example, I Legend, although far from the most dramatic movie, made me really rub my eyes two times - ***SPOILER ALERT*** - when he was forced to put down his dog and especially the scene after that, where he begged the friggin' mannequin to say hi to him. That scene was so unbelievably hopeless for him I almost threw up imagining myself in his place. The effect is twice as bad when I really sympathize with the character who's clearly done wrong and feels hopeless, like the younger sister in Whatever Happened to Baby Jane.
"Good crying" is great though, that's what you get from really epic scenes (along with goosebumps) - for example Rocky or Lord of the Rings are full of them. And although I'm not a big fan of Pixar movies, they seem to have at least one scene where I get joyfully teary, especially in "Up" opening scene (one of the best love stories ever in one 5 minute montage, unbelievable).

The end of "Field Of Dreams" gets me every time...

grave of the firefly's

bridge to terabithia (damn this one hits me hard)

the green mile

wanabe movie critique
I'm a very emo guy and cry easily

King Kong struck me deeply. Something hopeless and infuriating about the collision of modern man and all his mechanized, industrialized accoutrement with the pure wild animal of King Kong and the pristine, untouched natural world he represented. When the airplanes are circling the tower strafing him with machine gun fire and he's desperately trying to hold on, clinging the beautiful human woman whom he's trying to protect, that scene nearly brings a tear to my eye now, just imagining it. It represents just such a deep misunderstanding and it leads to cruelty and violence. It's the inevitability of such a conflict--where it is destined to come to blows because neither party can ever truly understand each other or communicate their point of view.

In chronological order, some of them:

- All Quiet in the Western Front (1930)
- Bicycle Thieves (1949)
- Ikiru (1952)
- Tokyo Story (1953) (second watch, first watch I though it was boring)
- Bashu, the Little Stranger (1986)
- Grave of the Fireflies (1988) (on the second watch, first time I though it was forced)
- Gunbuster (1988)
- Only Yesterday (1991)
- Whisper of the Heart (1995)
- all Miyazaki movies except his first and his tenth

Grave of the Fireflies

It's just one scene but this scene is devastating.
Which one? I was almost crying during the whole thing in my second watch. In the first I didn't care much because I though it was forced.