What is Sarge watching?

Tools    

Legend in my own mind
Thought that I would start a TV based thread, beacause as much as I love films I also watch a lot of TV.
This will be a thread where I tell you what I am watching and invite you into that to tell me what you thimk, make me some recommendations and have a chait chat about all things TV.
I will ask your thoughts on things that I am considering watching but haven't at the risk of wasting my time
It may end up as a stream of consciousness and with me just chatting to myself, and although not ideal, I can live with it

Legend in my own mind
At the moment my viewing habits centre around:

Sport
I watch a lot of it
Mainly football (soccer)

Sitcoms
The Goldbergs - Love this show (All the nostalgia feels)
Modern family - Love this too
Seinfeld - Tried to watch a few times but didn't find it funny at all. Tried again, persevered this time and I am starting to warm to it. Only 5 episodes in though.

Scandi Noir
The Bridge - What a show (Saga Noren is one of the greatest TC characters ever)
The Killng - Loved the Scandi version and the American adaption
Wisting - Currently watching - Enjoying it

Drama
Modern Love - Just finished first season - Didn't think it would be my thing, but I really enjoyed it - So well made.
This is us - Great TV, an emotional kicking every episode.

True Crime

Love a bit of true crime
Was captivated by Making a murderer, Dirty John etc
Don't F with cats - Just watched it this week -

What I am considering?
You - Heard mixed reviews but it is a possibility
Messiah - Same as above
The marvelous Mrs Maisel - Hasn't really appealed to me, but is rated highly

Looking forward to Ozark coming back too

Please feel free to suggest some stuff based on what I have said.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
At the moment my viewing habits centre around:

The Goldbergs - Love this show (All the nostalgia feels)
I don't know if you saw it, but ABC aired a new episode of "The Goldbergs" last week that wasn't on the schedule. They had an episode of "Jeopardy: Greatest Of All Time" scheduled, but they had a winner the night before, so they aired new episodes of "The Goldbergs" and "Schooled" instead. (I only found out about it because my DVR was set to record the entire Jeopardy tournament.)

This is us - Great TV, an emotional kicking every episode.
@Gideon58 started a great thread about "This Is Us" a while back. It's here if you want to read it.

Please feel free to suggest some stuff based on what I have said.
If you like "This Is Us", you should check out the show "A Million Little Things". It's a similar type of show that tears at your heart every week.

Legend in my own mind
I don't know if you saw it, but ABC aired a new episode of "The Goldbergs" last week that wasn't on the schedule. They had an episode of "Jeopardy: Greatest Of All Time" scheduled, but they had a winner the night before, so they aired new episodes of "The Goldbergs" and "Schooled" instead. (I only found out about it because my DVR was set to record the entire Jeopardy tournament.)

@Gideon58 started a great thread about "This Is Us" a while back. It's here if you want to read it.

If you like "This Is Us", you should check out the show "A Million Little Things". It's a similar type of show that tears at your heart every week.
Superb stuff. Thanks for that.

Will certainly check each of those things out.

Legend in my own mind
I have just started watching 'Ray Donovan' as I had never seen it despite it been recommended multipl times. Three episodes in and I like the story but the production is shickingly bad. Seems like it was made 25 years ago rather than 7.

Legend in my own mind
Shows that are on my list but I haven't watched yet for one reason or another. Please comment if you think I am missing out:

Narcos
Power
Money Heist
The Stranger
The Outsider
You
Black Mirror
Messiah
The Crown
Sex Education
Designated survivor
How to get away with murder
Altered carbon
House of Cards
The Punisher
After life
Chernobyl
Raising Dion

Original House Of Cards or remake? @Sarge

If the original you're missing out. But I've not seen the Spacey one so I don't know. Seemed to be much loved though and the source material should mean it can't go too wrong for a season or 2 at least.

I couldn't get on board with How To Get Away With Murder and I think I stopped before the end of season 1.

Legend in my own mind
Original House Of Cards or remake? @Sarge

If the original you're missing out. But I've not seen the Spacey one so I don't know. Seemed to be much loved though and the source material should mean it can't go too wrong for a season or 2 at least.

I couldn't get on board with How To Get Away With Murder and I think I stopped before the end of season 1.
I have not seen either. Didn't know that the Spacey one was a remake to be honest.

Yeah, I have heard mixed reviews about HTGAWM

The British one is fantastic, IMO. Based on the novel of the same name, it's the first of a trilogy. Follwed by To Play The King and The Final Cut. British, early 90's and political, there's little reason that you would've heard of it these days until the US remake.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Right now @Sarge is watching this post.

Ha! Gotcha!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Legend in my own mind
The British one is fantastic, IMO. Based on the novel of the same name, it's the first of a trilogy. Follwed by To Play The King and The Final Cut. British, early 90's and political, there's little reason that you would've heard of it these days until the US remake.
I am British but in the early 90s I certainly wasn't political so must have missed it

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Delighted with these beauties

I love "Quantum Leap", but sadly the dvds are lacking because a lot of the music was changed. The worst change was in the season 2 episode "MIA". It originally included the Ray Charles song "Georgia On My Mind" in a very important scene in the episode, but it was changed to some cheap elevator music for the dvd.

Legend in my own mind
Have started 'The Stranger' and also 'The Outsider' this week.

The Stranger - Adaptation of the Harlen Coben book but set in England. Two episodes in and a potentially decent story is being undermined by a couple of 'quirky' (really annoying) characters that are tearing any integrity out of the show.

The Outsider
- 3 episodes in, solid start but it's Stephen King so the weirdness is sure to ramp up soon. Well made though.

I am British but in the early 90s I certainly wasn't political so must have missed it
I was pretty sure you were British, but essentially, if you weren't aware of it at the time then you'd be unlikely to have known about it after until the US remake.. I watched it as broadcast and it felt like Shakespeare meets Yes, Minister. Brilliant stuff. I also developed a huge crush on Susannah Harker.

Legend in my own mind
I was pretty sure you were British, but essentially, if you weren't aware of it at the time then you'd be unlikely to have known about it after until the US remake.. I watched it as broadcast and it felt like Shakespeare meets Yes, Minister. Brilliant stuff. I also developed a huge crush on Susannah Harker.
Funnily enough it came up in an ad for Britbox today on my Facebook