What Are Songs That Make You Think About The Film That Used It Rather

Tools    

I just remembered another one...even though it seems semi-sacreligious, every time I hear the Beatles sing "Twist and Shout", I think of Ferris Bueller's Day Off

So, so many spring to mind, but going a little different from just picking a song...

Anyone who has ever seen Apocalypse Now will be able to hear Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries without thinking of 1/9 Air Cav assault on the villiage.

An easy one is "I Need A Hero," I always think of Shrek 2, and as a matter of fact, that whole soundtrack takes me right back to the movie.
Another one is "Immigrants" by Led Zepplin. You'd think it's Thor it reminds me of. But no, it reminds me of School of Rock because that's the first time I heard. But most recently, "Season Of The Witch," induces terror because Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark was one of the most terrifying film experiences I've had in a long time. I'm pretty sure there's more, but those are the first that come to mind.
When I hear "I Need A Hero", I think of Footloose (1984) - not the song Footloose, but the movie in which the title song shares the movie's title!

Is this the same song as "Holding Out for a Hero" by Bonnie Tyler?

Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head- Spider-Man 2 (though I know it was in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid first)
What a Wonderful World- Good Morning Vietnam
I Got You Babe- Groundhog Day
Sh-boom- Clue
And yeah, Steve Freeling, it's hard not to hear Let My Love Open the Door and not think of those racing sperm in Look Who's Talking.

Goodfella's has a couple. "Layla" was already mentioned but "Atlantis" by Donovan will forever be associated with the Billy Batts Beatdown. Another strong one for me is Night Ranger "Sister Christian" in Boogie Nights drug deal gone bad scene and a couple from Fast Times at Ridgemont High - "Moving in Stereo" by the Cars and "Somebody's Baby" by Jackson Browne.

A bucket of anxiety
When I hear "I Need A Hero", I think of Footloose (1984) - not the song Footloose, but the movie in which the title song shares the movie's title!

Is this the same song as "Holding Out for a Hero" by Bonnie Tyler?
Yes but it was a cover in Shrek 2

There is a brief part in the first Hangover where they show a grand view of Las Vegas while Kanye West's "Cant Tell Me Nothin" is playing....I can't stand Kanye West for the most part, but I love that movie and Las Vegas so much that it makes me daydream whenever I hear that song.

We'd be remiss if we didn't acknowledge Vaughn Monroe's "Let it Snow" featured in Die Hard.. Hearing Monroe's version puts us right back into the film's ending. BTW he was the first to record the song-- in 1945.

So, so many spring to mind, but going a little different from just picking a song...

Anyone who has ever seen Apocalypse Now will be able to hear Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries without thinking of 1/9 Air Cav assault on the villiage.

I knew the piece long before Apocalypse Now, so that’s not the case for me, but it certainly is a powerful scene.

Also basically any song used in Pulp Fiction, notably Son of Preacher Man.

We’ll Meet Again used in Dr. Strangelove.

Put on Your Sunday Clothes from Hello Dolly used in Wall-E
Oops I guess I already replied earlier.

I knew the piece long before Apocalypse Now, so that’s not the case for me, but it certainly is a powerful scene.

So did I, but ever since AN, whenever hear that, it's instantly what it makes me think of, as the thread title suggests,

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Every time I hear Call Me by Blondie, I think of American Gigolo and Zoolander right after.

We'd be remiss if we didn't acknowledge Vaughn Monroe's "Let it Snow" featured in Die Hard.. Hearing Monroe's version puts us right back into the film's ending. BTW he was the first to record the song-- in 1945.
Good one! Strange coinicidence - I was just thinking about this song (specifically as the end song for Die Hard) yesterday!

I only got one song that always makes me think of the movie first.

Tina Turner's, We Don't Need Another Hero From Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome

Which was written for & released in conjunction with that movie.

Footloose!