The MoFo Westerns List

→ in
Tools    

I have no problem if it's included and I'm sure it's probably a good movie. Holden Pike asked for opinions about including the movie and so I gave mine based on my own views, nothing more, nothing less. If it is included that's fine by me.
What I meant was that prior to that film I, just like you, considered the era an important part of what a western is (not the geographical location though). I suppose I still do. It's just an exception that makes the rule. Not really debating as there's nothing to debate in your opinion

What I meant was that prior to that film I, just like you, considered the era an important part of what a western is (not the geographical location though). I suppose I still do. It's just an exception that makes the rule. Not really debating as there's nothing to debate in your opinion
That's why I like you! I'm not debating either Maybe Let the Corpses Tan will get nominated in an HoF, I wouldn't mind that at all

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
It's not an issue of having watched enough westerns. It's just that none of them particularly wow me much. (Except for one).

To me the genre is closed, kaput, sealed, locked, no further admissions. Kind of a narrow viewpoint. I'll think through this again.

@tgm1024, I understand what you mean because I'm also not much of a fan of western movies, but I'm going to submit a list before the deadline. I'm trying to watch some "classic" westerns for this list, but like you, most of them are just average movies to me, so maybe this suggestion will help.

Pick a genre that you like, and try to find some movies that fall into that genre AND the western genre.

For example,

If you like comedies, try movies like Blazing Saddles (1974), Support Your Local Sheriff! (1969), City Slickers (1991), The Frisco Kid (1979), ¡Three Amigos! (1986), etc.

If you like musicals, try movies like Annie Get Your Gun (1950), Calamity Jane (1953), Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (1954), Oklahoma! (1955), Paint Your Wagon (1969), etc.

If you like animated movies, try movies like Rango (2011), Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron (2002), etc.

I'm sure by now, you get the idea. Just search Google or IMDB for movies that fit into both genres, and maybe you'll find some new favorite movies for your westerns list.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.

"Orgasmic" Sight & Sound
(at 1:26 mark)

Is Christy Canyon in it?

Either the reviewer has some weird fetish or they get orgasms easily.

Really f@#k these idiotic statements.

User 3.142857142857143‬ says, "best movie made this Tuesday!"

...If you like comedies, try movies like Blazing Saddles (1974), Support Your Local Sheriff! (1969), City Slickers (1991), The Frisco Kid (1979), ¡Three Amigos! (1986), etc.
I don't usually like western comedies but I can say The Frisco Kid is really good, so is Cat Ballou. I even liked Wagons East, John Candy's last movie he filmed, though he has a smaller role.

Having recently watched Let the Corpses Tan at no point did I think I was watching a Western. About the only thing I think would be somewhat westerny about it is that everything was dusty but if it hits someones criteria for a western (a few reviews I've read claim it IS a western) it wouldn't bother me if it was included. It's not as much of a stretch to consider it a western than something like Midnight Cowboy which was discussed earlier in the thread.

Date and geography are not the overriding ingredients of this genre...
OK.

Question: Maybe you seen this on my Western Watch Log thread, but Loner asked if, Drums Along the Mohawk (1939)qualifies as a western?IMDB does tag it as a western, can it be included?

How often do you guys do these lists/count downs and what and when will be the next one?
They’re pretty much run at all times, once this one ends another one is started soon after. The next one will likely be announced a couple weeks after Westerns ends, I’m guessing it’s gonna be our tenth anniversary general top 100!

The trick is not minding
How often do you guys do these lists/count downs and what and when will be the next one?
They’re pretty much run at all times, once this one ends another one is started soon after. The next one will likely be announced a couple weeks after Westerns ends, I’m guessing it’s gonna be our tenth anniversary general top 100!
Have you guys done a sci fi or a decade specific one previously?

Holden Pike will start the actual countdown reveal shortly after the deadline to send in a ballot, The deadline for entries is May 15th, 2020. It will take 55 days to finish the reveal of the Top 100. Then we'll all discuss which countdown will be next. I'm guessing it will be a decades countdown as we alternate between decades and genres. We've already worked our way back to the Silent era, so most likely next up will be the Top 100 movies from the 2010s. Then after that another genre one. We've already done a Sci Fi countdown.

The trick is not minding
Holden Pike will start the actual countdown reveal shortly after the deadline to send in a ballot, The deadline for entries is May 15th, 2020. It will take 55 days to finish the reveal of the Top 100. Then we'll all discuss which countdown will be next. I'm guessing it will be a decades countdown as we alternate between decades and genres. We've already worked our way back to the Silent era, so most likely next up will be the Top 100 movies from the 2010s. Then after that another genre one. We've already done a Sci Fi countdown.
That’s great! I’d like to join the next one.
I take it the lists at the bottom we keep track of are the results then?

The trick is not minding
That’s great! I’d like to join the next one.
I take it the lists at the bottom we keep track of are the results then?
Hmm? List at the bottom, I'm not quite sure what you mean?
The lists we can use to track what we’ve watched.
I say bottom, because it appears under navigation at the bottom of my phone screen.

The lists we can use to track what we’ve watched.
I say bottom, because it appears under navigation at the bottom of my phone screen.
Ah, ok I get it, thanks.

The results of past Top 100 Countdowns are located at the LISTS link at top of the MoFo pages (with a desktop setting). Not all of the list there are from MoFo, but if you click View/Manage Your List you can see all the list and the ones that say MovieForums was created by us.

Account terminated on request

"Orgasmic" Sight & Sound
(at 1:26 mark)

Is Christy Canyon in it?

Either the reviewer has some weird fetish or they get orgasms easily.

Really f@#k these idiotic statements.
LOL!

+1 because I am also irked by stupid accolades like that, but I'd + another 1 if I could for bringing up a classic: Christy Canyon.
They'll say "I don't care if he's a poet or cowboy, so long as he's a nice guy. But oh, I'm so attracted to that bad guy over there."
Understand this last part, and you'll get them all.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
LOL!

+1 because I am also irked by stupid accolades like that, but I'd + another 1 if I could for bringing up a classic: Christy Canyon.
If I wasn't a mod, I'd bring up her more often.