The movie that best represented the immersion of the jungle

Tools    

I recently watched ApoNow and like many of you know, one of the difficult things for U.S. soldiers was to spot the ennemies hidden in the jungle. When one see footages of vietnam war, he instantly get immerge in the Nam forest. So when I saw ApoNow I felt that feeling of tension and the feeling of being trap in the scene of the tiger when they go pee.

Ever since that scene, I wanted to see how filmmakers represented that feeling of being trap and of permanent danger. I saw FMJ and was shocked because there were no jungle filmed but insted more like a big village and finnaly I saw predator. Of course predator is a joke to watch now. It is such a stereotype of the action 80's but gosh did I find the way the jungle was filmed amazing.

When watching the movie, one really feels the tension that danger can come from everywhere and this is the reason of this topic. I want to see more ways that flmmakers filmed the tension in jungles. So of course movies like jungle book or tarzan are off-topic since they dont really picture the jungle anxiety. To give an idea, for the really cinephiles of you, a movie that tickles my eyes as of recently is Embrace of the serpent wich seems to fit the description really well. so if you guys have suggestions it will be a pleasure to hear hem

have a nice day

Apocalypto (2006)
]
I didnt knew that movie but it seems to fit may I know why you chose it. Also if it is good and why.
thank you very much anyway have a nice day

First movie that came to mind when I read your post, and yeah good movie imo.
Another good one you could try is Platoon.
yeah i watch 45 minutes or so of platoon when I was 10 or 11 but it scared me but I should rewatch it soon

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Aguirre, Wrath of God (1972), if that counts as the jungle.

Aguirre, Wrath of God (1972), if that counts as the jungle.
oh yes and the other movie by the same director and actor: fitzceraldo. they are both intresting and deserve perhaps my time a little bit more aguirre because there is war but yes thanks for your opinion definatly gonna check it out

Im so glad you mentioned Predator, that ws literally my first thought on reading thread title, I dont think any war film or otherwise has matched it in terms of Jungle Immersion
Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

Im so glad you mentioned Predator, that ws literally my first thought on reading thread title, I dont think any war film or otherwise has matched it in terms of Jungle Immersion
hahahha i know in my opinion if you see the movie as a comedy it is a underated gem

You ready? You look ready.
I recently watched ApoNow and like many of you know, one of the difficult things for U.S. soldiers was to spot the ennemies hidden in the jungle. When one see footages of vietnam war, he instantly get immerge in the Nam forest. So when I saw ApoNow I felt that feeling of tension and the feeling of being trap in the scene of the tiger when they go pee.

Ever since that scene, I wanted to see how filmmakers represented that feeling of being trap and of permanent danger. I saw FMJ and was shocked because there were no jungle filmed but insted more like a big village and finnaly I saw predator. Of course predator is a joke to watch now. It is such a stereotype of the action 80's but gosh did I find the way the jungle was filmed amazing.

When watching the movie, one really feels the tension that danger can come from everywhere and this is the reason of this topic. I want to see more ways that flmmakers filmed the tension in jungles. So of course movies like jungle book or tarzan are off-topic since they dont really picture the jungle anxiety. To give an idea, for the really cinephiles of you, a movie that tickles my eyes as of recently is Embrace of the serpent wich seems to fit the description really well. so if you guys have suggestions it will be a pleasure to hear hem

have a nice day
Apocalypto

Amazing jungle shots that scared the crap out of me.

And of course Platoon and Sniper

Apocalypto

Amazing jungle shots that scared the crap out of me.
is it a gore scene like with blood and stuff or its just the ambiance that is scary cause I am a chicken when it comes to violence in movies which sucks since manyu good movies have violence in them

You ready? You look ready.
is it a gore scene like with blood and stuff or its just the ambiance that is scary cause I am a chicken when it comes to violence in movies which sucks since manyu good movies have violence in them
Yeah, don’t watch Apocalypto then. Or rather stop watching once they come out of the jungle. But it’s a good mixture of both.

Just watch Sniper. I feel like that would do a better job capturing what you’re after.

Yeah, don’t watch Apocalypto then. Or rather stop watching once they come out of the jungle. But it’s a good mixture of both.

Just watch Sniper. I feel like that would do a better job capturing what you’re after.
okay thank you very much and have a nice day

Heck no one mentioned Predator? Apocalypse Now has a lot of jungle scenes. But maybe not in a menacing way. More like isolation. On the cheesy side, Anaconda the quest for the blood orchid. Gotta balance it out!

I have to gladly say that Predator is the movie that makes you feel every nick and crooney in a jungle, the atmospheric feel in this film is second to none

A system of cells interlinked

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
Predator, easily. I recently rewatched it and that's certainly one of the reasons it works so well.