The Personal Recommendation Hall of Fame

Tools    

The trick is not minding
I’m all for letting him in. Even if he drops out, and I happen to watch his film, I won’t consider it a waste of time. It’ll be a film I hadn’t seen anyways, if he follows my list

We would love you to be in CaptainT, but you would have to prove yourself due to your spotty history. If you like, we could all nominate movies for you to watch. If you can finish those movies (about a dozen) and share your thoughts in this thread, you could then pick movies for the rest of us to watch.
Doesn't make any difference to me if Captain T joins but I will be watching that recommendation last, just in case.
Cricket's idea takes care of that, as CaptainT would be watching all of our choices for him before selecting movies for all of us. So that would work out fine.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Some of my noms were strategic, some were random, some were funny to myself and some I hope people enjoy.

Suspect's Reviews

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I also updated my lists. Having just watched Spirited Away, Being There, Hausu and some others. I don't expect people to have a conflict as my lists are pretty bare.

Can I join in on this too? I have seen WAY too little of all the classics on those lists and I want to improve that.
I'd understand if I can't though because I don't really know anyone here so recommendations might be difficult.

I would say join but you have to be public with your nom's so we know to wait and see if you end up finishing this.

When I did my nominations I tried to pick one from each list I got a great selection for you.

The trick is not minding
Maybe this will catch on and Pahak, Neiba, Comsicrunaway, GbGoodies and Rauldc will reconsider and join in the future. (And I think it will)

In case you guys missed it, already Cricket said this:
We would love you to be in CaptainT, but you would have to prove yourself due to your spotty history. If you like, we could all nominate movies for you to watch. If you can finish those movies (about a dozen) and share your thoughts in this thread, you could then pick movies for the rest of us to watch.

Maybe this will catch on and Pahak, Neiba, Comsicrunaway, GbGoodies and Rauldc will reconsider and join in the future. (And I think it will)
I was still considering joining this one, and did make an effort to go through some of my lists again just in case, but I'm not at all confident in my ability to pick out nominations for other people. Lately I've barely been able to pick out films I enjoy myself.

Hopefully seeing how everyone reacts to their films this time around will help me make some educated guesses if we do another one of these later on. But for now I'll probably stick to catching up on the 2019 releases for the Film Awards, and trying to find a nomination for the upcoming noir HoF so I don't have to sit that one out as well.

That sounds like a good solution to me! I definitely wouldn't want to make anyone feel less excited about this by having me join. This way I can first show you all that I'm serious about this before you have to commit time to my recommendation. Thanks a lot for giving me a chance to join!

Also thanks a lot to everyone for being so friendly, I'd quote your posts, but there are too many of them!

I added some of my favorite films to my profile to help with the recommendations.
I like movies from all different genres and since the favorites in my profile can't cover all of them I'd like to add that a horror movie that I really liked was Get Out and that a Western that I really liked was The Gunfighter. I also have no problems with watching subtitled films or films that are a bit longer than the runtime limit mentioned in the first post.

I can't wait to see what films you nominate for me!
In the meantime, I'll start my research to prepare my recommendations for later

I didn't get too adventurous with my noms (one is iffy) but I did have a strategy. If it works I'll stick with. It if it fails, well that's usually what happens when I try to do too much strategery. If I was unsure, I picked something you could cross off as seen on multiple lists.

The trick is not minding
I had no strategy. I just selected films that weren’t checked off for each individual, movies I have seen but enjoyed, and figured they shouldn’t suffer too much through them.
I mean...it isn’t like I selected Garbage Pail Kids the Movie for everyone 😏

There was only one movie that I chose for someone else that I actually dislike, but I think the person I chose it for will like it. There are a couple of other choices that I have a lot of respect for but don't especially enjoy, and one that I like but don't love. The rest of my choices are all personal favorites. All of the movies I picked have something in common, though.

My main goal is picking a movie the person will enjoy, but there's so many options that I feel like I'm getting the best of both worlds. Of course I have to wait for you thieves to finish sending in your nominations first.

Legend in my own mind
Think I am just going to observe this one.